Fastest DSM on pump gas in the world

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Fastest DSM on pump gas in the world

My friend and his buddy recently broke the world record for fastest DSM on pump gas. He ran a 10.9 on his first run. He could have done faster, but he destroyed an axle on the second run.

He drives a '95 eagle talon tsi AWD.

He's supposed to email me the video, i'll post it once I get it

posted by  TurboLag

Sweet...can't wait for vids!!

posted by  chris_knows

is 10.9 really the fastest pump? What power adders? Nitrous? What trim turbo?

posted by  Zalight

I did some googling (I also figured the fasted pump gas DSM would be in the single digits) and he must be talking about this:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50353738#post50353738

posted by  giant016

20-21 degrees of advance timing on 28 psi holy crap thats awesome!

posted by  Zalight

mother****er howd you get the clip b4 me??:fu:

its cool lol
yeah thats the one

posted by  TurboLag

I think MotownTSI on that forum is my friend johnny, he was filming

posted by  TurboLag

I love the turbo hes running too...

FP3052, basically a GT30r Center Housing Rotating Assembly packed into a 60 trim housing that mounts to the same Manifolds as DSM 16g's and 20gs.

And god knows I love GT3076R's, I love all of garetts GT series actually.

God I want boost.

posted by  Zalight

us west virginnys don't mess around.

we know whud it do:smoke:

posted by  TurboLag

Apparently you do, 11.5 AFRs with no knocking in a 2g on pump with that much boost and that much timing is DAMN impressive.

EDIT:

I cant download his logs...

Oh and who did the tuning? Himself?

posted by  Zalight

And no bottle either

posted by  TurboLag

Don't get it really. We have successfully run standard Jap alloy headed engines on 30psig. Mind you the boost figure like the compression ratio is really a misnoamer as the effective compression and effective ratio governed by the valve events is what really counts.

The ignition advance tells me there is room for improvement in the head design. Is the standard head open chamber, pistons dished, or what?

GT series turbo's are ok, but I've found the diffuser plate wears around the piston if oiling is not 100%.

posted by  Wally

well like i said, he ran that 10.85 only on his first run. i'm sure he'll go back and get a quicker ET.

Him and my buddy johnny did all of the tuning themselves that i know of. I'd ask them myself but i think andrew graduated last year and i know johnny graduated this year. I can try scrounging up his # though.

I'll get back to you on that Zalight

posted by  TurboLag

word

posted by  Zalight

i got johnny on myspace

I'll see what it do

posted by  TurboLag

Your Message