Marijuana charges

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Marijuana charges

Mkay so, is it possible to get a ticket for possession of marijuana when you dont have any marijuana on you, or anything, if your friend has it on you?

Because I got a ticket for that. Had nothing on me, no paraphernalia, nothing.

edit--oh and I wasn't even high, never smoked weed in my life..

posted by  Copenhagen

I guess it is possible then lol.

posted by  chris_knows

depends if you knew he had it or not. If you did know he had it your just as guilty as he is, but if you didn't then you shouldn't be charged. You just have to find a way to prove that you didn't know.

posted by  salimander13

Yeah...you kind of answered you're own question there. Also, what do you mean by "if your friend has it on you"? I think you're not including all the details here. Was it in YOUR car by any chance, even though the pot was your firend's?

posted by  giant016

aww man that sucks. me and my dude were caught by an off dutie police officer rolling a blunt. i tryed taking off but i stalled my car.lol. then he was like dont run i got your plate number so i was just like **** it, ok. then he took my keys and called a police officer over that was on duty. he asked for all the marijuana and my friend ate the blunt whie we were in the car waiting for him to show up so we said we didnt have any. then the cop was like come on guys idc, just give it to me. so we gave him the rest of what was left in the 20 sack and he maid us clean out the spilt weed on the floor and he empted the marijuana into the grass and let us go.
NICE.

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

how did he see the weed that was spilt on the floor is some of it was in the blunt and you already gave him the rest. a 20 sack doesn't conain that much.

posted by  salimander13

yeah when the off dutie cop was on the phone my friend shoved the blunt in his mouth and i hid the sack, but he spilt some of the weed that was in the blunt when the cop taped on the window, cuz yeah it scared him. and there was also some weed on the floor mats from other times.lol

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

oh haha that sucks. I don't smoke weed, but I have a friend who smokes A LOT of it and he wanted me to be weed smart haha.

posted by  salimander13

good choice. stay away. i smoke about once a mounth but its only when i dont have anything else better to do. but my boys smoke 3 times a day.lol

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

Nah see, me and my friends were sittin in the back of this girls house, and they were like 10 feet away from me, and they had weed and they were smoking, and I wasnt doing anything wrong, and the cop comes and cuffs me and puts me in the back of the patrol car, and gives me a possession of marijuana ticket, and I had nothing on me...

What the hell do I do when I'm clean, I didn't have anything on me, and I wasn't smoking?

posted by  Copenhagen

well, the only way to prove you weren't smoking is to do a piss test...but that won't get you out of a possession ticket. However - did they search you? Because if they did and didn't find any pot, then they have no probable cause, which means the ticket is invalid.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Bill Clinton didn't smoke marijuana and he became the President of the United States. So if you want to be President all you have to do is not smoke pot.

In the meantime, don't associate with criminals. I bet Bill never associated with criminals.

posted by  Wally

Shit, I'll do a hair follicle test, or anything, my ass isn't paying this ticket.

posted by  Copenhagen

make your friends pay it.:wink2:

posted by  Satty101

Don't you have blood tests or the breath tests there? It takes 6 weeks for traces to leave the bloodstream, so off to a pathology lab and get tested, then throw the results to the police ombudsman or the magistrate asking for $1000000 punitive damages.

posted by  Wally

That wouldn't prove he didn't have a bag on him, it would only prove he wasn't smoking it.

posted by  Satty101

did you see what i said about the actual ticket?

DID HE SEARCH YOU AND FIND ANYTHING?

posted by  dodgerforlife

Oh, sorry, I didn't see it.

No they didn't find anything when they searched me.

posted by  Copenhagen

Then there is absolutely no grounds for a possession ticket. If any was found, it would be seized as evidence. Fight that ****ing ticket, there is absolutely no proof, which causes reasonable doubt that you were not carrying any weed. No evidence + Reasonable doubt = you win. Hell, why your at it, sue for slander and psychological damage! **** that assbag up!

posted by  dodgerforlife

lol yeah, go get 'em!

posted by  jedimario

Sounds good.

Will do that when I go to court.

posted by  Copenhagen

Honestly, if you want to take on the cops for damages, seek legal aid. Yes, it may cost some money now, but definitely worth it if you can even get 100k from the cops :thumbs:

posted by  dodgerforlife

what about the free lawyer or whatever it is they give you?

posted by  Copenhagen

Your mirdana rights?:wink2:

posted by  Satty101

I don't know, you know when they say, "if you don't have a lawyer, one will be appointed to you,"

does that mean I get a free one?

posted by  Copenhagen

wally your a ****ing dumbass. there is no such thing as a breath drug test thats for alchole not marijuana.and the blood test only shows up to 48 hours. the longest test there is is the hair follicule and that traces substance abuse back 90 days. and the basic urine test can trace back to 60 days depending on the THC level in the marijuana.

These are all scientific facts. i did my reasearch project on drug testing for school.

and for you copehagen, i had a similire situaion happen with me but will alchole. Dont talk to the detective. tell him "if you think i was involved with this situation,let me talk to my lawyer and hell contact you in a few days." thats all you need to say.if i were you id get a lawyer, if your charged with this mistameanor it can screw you over later, meaning if you wanna go into the ary or become a police office or other gov. offices.

dan

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

Strong words for someone who hasn't been here long....

btw, did you fail english class??:laughing:

posted by  Satty101

I know I did...

I have horrible grammar.

posted by  Copenhagen

yeah i know i suck at spelling.hahah

but i just dont like it when ppl talk about things they know absolutly nothing about. sry im calm now.lol

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

FORDRANGERBOY thankyou for those kind words. I can tell by your demeanour that you have a well balanced manner and must be a joy to behold in mixed company, exhibiting such material maturity.

I will pass on your studies to the scientific community here, who will no doubt pass them onto the local constabulary who have been testing motorists for over a year here with breath and saliva tests to determine Marijuana usage.

Please accept my apologies for being so forthright and trust you will forgive my indiscretion.

Yours Sincerely

Wally

P.S. Is wanker spelled the same in the US as it is in Australia?

posted by  Wally

wanker: N, Synonym for Penis

posted by  Copenhagen

you said breath test, not saliva test. yes there is a saliva test which shows use up to 24 hours.

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

There is a "potalyzer" now. It's administered roadside, and gets results in about 10 minutes for THC levels. Granted, it does not use ones breath, otherwise cigarette smokers could probably be drilled too, however it does use saliva. Obviously the unit I am linking to is not the unit the cops will be using, as that is classified. They have already started to do this in Canada.

http://www.testcountry.com/index.asp?action=11&cat=121

Sooooo, who's the real genius now there Fordy?

posted by  dodgerforlife

if you look at my post right b4 yours it shows that i already know of this! and im not saying im a genius by anymeans, im just saying i know about this subject

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

Damn Canadians, but it does remind me of Super Troopers movie...

When they get stopped for the marijuana and the cops f*ck with them...
I'm not sure why it reminds me of them... But it does.

posted by  Copenhagen

OMFG i love that movie. it really is the best movie ever.hahaha

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

I would probably die if I ate 100$ worth of weed, and say like, 8 caps of shrooms, looks about right in that bag...

If I ever go into the law enforcement and I am a highway patrol, I wish my department would be like that, that'd be krunk.

posted by  Copenhagen

hey can i get your s/n,copenhagon. all tho i preferr grizzle longcut wintergreen.lol

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

click the little running aim guy under my name

its what its there for.

posted by  Copenhagen

lol,thanks

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

I hit reply, and then was away for a few minutes, that's why the response was delayed and I did not see your answer.

However, seeing as it is being done roadside, then the 24 hour limit really means shit.

posted by  dodgerforlife

haha yeah i know what you mean. in my opinion, ppl can smok if they want to but they need to stay out of the automoble.other wise its there business what they do in there own home. i think drug belive drug testing is an invasion of privacy, and i belive the only time it is exceptable is when an office has reason to belive an automobilest is intoxicated.

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

I think everyone agrees with that..

offtopic, but I think my ear piercing is getting infected, but its healed, so I don't know why it's getting infected....

posted by  Copenhagen

Yes I did. You obviously have a problem with that, because you didn't think up the idea or do sufficient research yourself. But fear not, fortunately we geriatric types still possess a generationally lost art of discovery, promulgation and erudite behaviour.

This is obviously an old article, but nevertheless it has since been implemented in our great south pacific nation.

Please also note that six weeks is the standard for many chemicals to the leave the blood system as any physician will tell you, in particular cannabis.

please also note that 2 hours is the standard time for a test between arrest and conviction.

posted by  Wally

I'm not gonna read that, just for the fact that it's way too long for my brain, at 1:36 in the morning (Dallas time).

posted by  Copenhagen

OK , I'll leave a site for you to ponder later today:

http://www.onlinepot.org/legal/roadtest.htm

Aint knowledge a wonderful thing?:wink2:

posted by  Wally

Oops... you made yourself look a little bit silly there, didn't you old chap?

posted by  windsonian

this topic also brings me to a question I always wanted answered. If my friends smoke around me of course I'll get some second hand smoke from it, then if I try to find another job and they drug test me would I fail the test?

posted by  salimander13

Depends on how much is actually in your system and what the job will allow...some are zero-tolerance, some allow a little. Beyond that, the levels would be so diminished so quickly with that, that they would probably have trouble detecting it in the first place.

posted by  dodgerforlife

wow, it sure didnt take long for everyone to start a discussion on weed:laughing: j/k

posted by  nighthawk

When you go to court plead Not Guilty. Then they'll set you up for another court date that the arresting officer(s) have to be at. If they don't show (being you weren't in possession) then they'll set another court date. If the arresting officers don't show again...dismissed. If the officers do show up it's your word against theirs, and guess what, you better offer to take a piss test or your payin the ticket. Good luck! I hate asshole cops.

posted by  Lizard King 6B

i understand that you did some reasearch after i got you but thats kinda a dead topic and im not gonna read all that either

-dan

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

WOW this who thing is pretty funny!

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

"I'm trippin out man!"

"Yes, you are trippin out man"

posted by  Lizard King 6B

this who thing?

posted by  nighthawk

I think he meant whole thing lol.

posted by  chris_knows

ahhh, makes more sense now

posted by  nighthawk

I take it you are referring to me? What don't you understand... that we have had the breath tests here for a year and don't need to research the bleeding obvious or that I actually had to do a simple google search for you?

An apology from you would normally be appropriate in polite company.

posted by  Wally

i think he believes he won... and "got" you.

show of hands: who thinks wally got owned? :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

raises hand on the deadness of this thread
:ticking:

posted by  Copenhagen

I just wanted to comment on the hair strand testing. My mom is a lab tech (20+ years now) who routinely tests urine, blood and can do strand tests for narcotics. The information you provided regarding the up to 6 months on the strand test is incorrect to an extent. The traces of drug can remain in the center of the hair shaft anywhere from months to YEARS depending on the length of the hair. Notably, women would be more likely affected with this testing. However, most centers claim they will trim a piece closer to the scalp (thanks) to get history from 3-6 months ago. My mom used to threaten me as a teenager...talk about hiding all of your hairbrushes!! :wink2:

posted by  97Talonchik

... and I thought you were a nice girl with no skeletons...!!!!

posted by  windsonian

to all the people saying go take piss test or watever read the whole damn thread. He got ticket for possesion not use....
Sorry to tell u this but ur probably screwed... it's ur word against his. For all u know he could of taken some of the weed from ur friends and marked it as eidence that u had it. Ur best chance is if u go to court and cops dont show up. Otherwise ur screwed. getting a lawyer might help but i dont know what evidence u could show to prove u didn't have any one u. ( maybe fingerprints on bag?) A lawyer can prolly argue the ticket down to like supervision or something. I think ur screwd though.

posted by  V-Tec

^^^exactly right!

-dan
:smoke:

posted by  FORDRANGERBOY

I didnt take the time to read all 5 pages, but if you're driving a car and a passenger has marijuana, you're automatically charged with guilt by association.

posted by  TurboLag

Your Message