Cat-Back

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Cat-Back

What does cat-back mean?

And why does the cavalier have to have a cat-back exhaust if I want to have an aftermarket exhaust on my car?

posted by  Copenhagen

Cat-back = catalytic convertor + back to the exhaust tips.

And because it is going to be a cat-back system you'll be buying, unless you get a kit that includes a catalytic convertor, or possibly the manifold and downpipe as well.

posted by  dodgerforlife

So which one would you prefer?

DC-Sports or uh, Magnaflow?

posted by  Copenhagen

me personally? Magnaflow. But that's for two reasons. 1) I prefer the sound their system makes(on my type of car) and 2) DC Sports doesn't have a straight bolt-on kit for my car that I'm aware of.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Oh, I mean there wouldnt be much good sound unless you like the 4-banger sound...

unless Magnaflow doesn't have that farting sound, and if it does, couldn't you just put a silencer on that hoe?

posted by  Copenhagen

Magnaflow is one of the few that don't. To be truthful, I actually would take Borla over Magnaflow for a 4cyl. Borla's produce a nice deep sound - ever heard an SRT-4? The stock system was made by Borla, who also makes a better sounding aftermarket one as well.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yeah I've heard of em, I just thought the srt-4 had a v6 in it, or is the 4 in srt-4 mean it's a 4 cylinder?

Maybe I'll see about the Borla and Magnaflow..

I just want an aftermarket exhaust without it sounding like a ricer...
They give us "economy" cars a bad name.

posted by  Copenhagen

4 designates the cylinders....it's an inline 4 2.4L engine with a turbocharger.

Look to Borla then :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

But I wonder if Borla has anything for my car...

hmm, do they have a wizard for that kind of stuff?

posted by  Copenhagen

Yeah, they don't have any mufflers for me, I'd probably have to go with a universal muffler.

posted by  Copenhagen

Your Message