My dog just died..

Home  \  Off Topic  \  My dog just died..

I got picked up from my camp thing because my mom took me to the animal ER here in St. Pete because every time my dog would stand up he would collapse and was throwing up blood and he was shitting out a reddish color.. His heart was beating fast and not enough blood was going to his rear areas so he could not walk.. He had some sort of defect in his heart and he was also a very big dog, our best choice was to put him down rather than under go a sort of treatment that would get his heart rate down because he was 8 and Golden's don't really live to be too old, its just so..dreamlike you know, I watched them put him to sleep 20 minutes ago and it was just so hard, had him since he was a little puppy :cry:

Jesus I miss him so much already..

I just had to vent guys thats all..

posted by  99integra

Sorry to hear that Steven. Remember the good times.

posted by  theman352001

Dude, I know what thats like man, I remember having to put down my old black lab. She was just way too old and had a lot of problems. We cooked up a steak, took her to the vet, let her eat while she was given the shots.

Im sorry man.

posted by  Zalight

Thanks guys..I'm sure a lot of ya'll have gone through it I know I'm not the only one..its just pretty damn hard when it happens to you..I didn't think he'd be gone for a while..and Abe I'm sorry about your dog man, I'm sure it killed you to see her eat her last steak. :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

That sucks...I've had to put my dog to sleep too before, and it's a terrible feeling but at least you've got some good memories with him. Hope you're alright...

posted by  chris_knows

Ouch...I don't know what to say except I'm really sorry Steven. Dogs really are a man's best friend.

posted by  hondaman

Sorry about that man. I had to put my dog down 2 or 3 weeks ago. She was 13. Lived pretty long for a dog of her size.

posted by  Benson

I'm sorry Steven.. All I can say is, it's gets easier with time.

The first down I put dog, I cried on my way home.. Now I can put one down and not shed a tear.

Time is a powerful thing.. Stay strong. "Those with memories locked in our hearts, never really leave us to start. "

posted by  SyntheticTrust

man i hate to hear that, i know how close i am to my german shep's, and it would really break my heart to put one down.

posted by  adamc44

I really don't know what to say...I've never had a dog live long enough to be able to put it down...damn things always get run over crossing the highway(sucks living right next to the highway!)

But it still blows, and I'm sorry to hear it.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I understand what you are going through we have had two dogs die in the family in the past 6 months but neither one has even had their beds filled yet.
I cant help you with the dog, but if you are interested in a kitten:hi: .....

Honestly man I am sorry

posted by  skeetin870

Heh, hate cats :wink2:, but thanks guys, I just needed to vent last night, I was driving on the way home and...well I was driving with emotion and kinda freaked out and hit 65 in a 40 right by my house..stupidest thing I've done :ohcrap:, it was wierd opening my bedroom door and not hearing him get up, jingle to the door of my moms room and wait for me to hug him and pet him ::sigh:: good times. Again thank you all for letting me vent I really appreciate it, Car Forums takes the hit again

posted by  99integra

Well I hate Ford Rangers so there what now.

Again truly sorry man.

posted by  skeetin870

Sorry to hear bro, been through it a cople times and it never gets easier (dont know what Sys is talking about) You form strong bonds with pets and it is hard to see them go, but you know it is for the better

posted by  Voda48

Because in reality they are just family members who never learned how to shave.

posted by  skeetin870

lol and who have horrible habits, like drinking from something other than a glass

posted by  Voda48

Sorry to hear about that steve yeah I had to put down my first rot when I was a kid and it broke my heart cause she was only 5. Good times before that though and thats what you gotta remember.

posted by  Spanky2324

Yea, really appreciate it guys I do, and it is like loosing a family member, because you love them and they are always there for you and all, I miss him but, it was for the better :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Sorry to hear about your Dog, Steven!...I can imagine how hard it must have been! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

it sucks more when the dog had a really funny or cool personality...

yeah, I had a dog pretty much my whole life and when i was about 12, my parents were on a canoe trip and they went over a waterfall and everybody went overboard, including my dog, he just swam over to the shore, shook off, and walked off in the woods...

they couldnt just stop the river from flowing so they had to go on. I hated that summer,

Ive got another dog now, since the beginning of grade 10, and he's not going on any canoe trips :doh: :laughing:

it wont seem so bad after a while, especially since you know what happened to him, I remember i used to think an old couple found my dog and took him in their home, even though he had his name and my phone number on his collar...

posted by  nighthawk

The feelings you have are not knew:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com//images/section/movies/amg/dvd/cov150/drt200/t 203/t20358wqxom.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005RRG4.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wait 'til a girl breaks your heart.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

Heh its already happened before Wall :wink2:, and I am over it almost completely already, we may be getting a Westie or a Golden pup sometime this week, my mom is on full term disability and needs a dog to keep her company when I'm not home *which is almost a full day*

posted by  99integra

Alright its 11:50 and I am DAMN sure my dog is still here and its scaring the ****ING SHIT OUT OF ME....I try to go to sleep, what happens..somethin feels like it just jumped on my bed and it gets cold as hell..what do I do..get the **** up and go piss...lol...Go lie back down, close my door again, and now his bowl just got knocked over and its clanking around..no one else is up..damn dog

posted by  99integra

I've had that feeling before...it's like something's there, but you know it's not possible...try leaving a light on or something.

posted by  chris_knows

Oh I walked out and as soon as my door to the bedroom opened it stopped, and somethin felt like it rushed up to me to get pet, I put his bowls up on the counter and its all good now, it just scared me at first because it woke me up, now I feel like hes in my room but it doesn't bother me, he was my pup and will always be my pup

posted by  99integra

You hadn't mentioned your dog was the devil's spawn.

posted by  Wally

It's just like Ghost. You may be getting a visit from Whoopi Goldberg soon.

posted by  theman352001

Sounds like this thread pays some relation to my 'Spirit world' thread lol

posted by  Cliffy

we had our dog put down about 3 years ago now. aussy cattle dog. we miss her very much. my heart goes out to you bro.:ohcrap:

posted by  glagon1979

Now I know exactly how you guys feel, I was visiting my sister last Saturday for the weekend and my other sister rang home on Sunday to see how everyone was doing. She was upset about how the dog wasn't well and was digging up holes in the garden under trees and lying there like he's waiting to die. She managed to get my parents to take the dog to the vets but they choose to put the dog down as he developed a severe illness. All of this happened when I was away from home which was ever more depressing.

A few months ago he developed the same symptoms(vomiting, not eating or drinking and digging holes under trees) but we managed to get him to the vets and saved him. But being 11 years old it was very hard to make a full recovery.

We managed to get home yesterday to see the dog one more time to bury him.

posted by  fudge

I'm sorry to hear that Fudge..

posted by  car_crazy89

99integra, may your dog rest in peace,
and everyone elses!

posted by  True_Brit

Damn Steven, sorry to hear about your dog. I can't imagine how I'd act if I had to put my dog down.

posted by  elchango36

Thanks guys, and damn Fudge, I'm so sorry to hear that :ohcrap: Its the hardest thing to do to put your best friend down :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Sorry to hear that, Fudge...:ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah some pretty bad stories....

my dog was lost on a canoe trip, that sucked alot:ohcrap:
went over a waterfall and everyone went overboard, including the dog:ohcrap:
but that was like 3 years ago...

edit,, my bad- I already said that :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Haha, I was gonna say "Holy Deja-vu, someone else once said that." lol.. and sorry for your loss.

posted by  car_crazy89

i know its not the same, but i own a cat (1 month old and im pretty close to it) and i live in a flat, and the flat owners have threatened either i move out or he does!!! does anyone want a cat???

posted by  True_Brit

I have a cat.....does he/she stay inside all the time, or is it outside alot of the time? If it satys outside you might be able to 'pretend' it's gone, lol. I dont know what I'd do withough my cat either, we've had her for 4-years, sinse she was a few weeks old. She stays inside as we've always lived near busy roads and I dont think she'd be here today if you went outside :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I'm just glad that my dog doesn't have to suffer anymore, and I don't think he would want me to see him in such a state. I was upset that my parents decided to put him down without telling us first but it was for the best as I would have flipped out and rushed home.

Right now I don't think I'll be getting another dog anytime soon. But I have enjoyed the experience of owning a dog and I would definately get one when I have children.

posted by  fudge

Well ****. What a way to end a long weekend. I came home from the lake today to find that one of our dogs got run over on the highway on saturday. RIP Jester.

posted by  dodgerforlife

My dads g/f's dog died yesterday, Golden Retriever and she was 9 years old, cancer all over her, she died while my dad and his g/f were petting her 15 minutes after they got home, wrapped her in a blanket and took her to the hospital to be cremated :ohcrap: What a shitty summer, and sorry to hear about your dog Jeff :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, some prick ran over my old dog at the place I used to live in. I mean, I would forgive him but he just drove off and didn't even do anything about it. The road was 30 yards away from my house, why not come and tell us?

posted by  Benson

Your Message