My emo thread on why 2006 sucks.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  My emo thread on why 2006 sucks.

Yeah I am feeling pretty goddamn emo as of late...depressed and pissed off.

I would consider most you my E-friends so I figured I should post up here on a few things.

2006 has sucked ass for me so far. Lets do this chronolgically:

January 10: Get my 6th speeding ticket in 8 months, costing me 768 dollars including fines, lawyer fees and court costs.

February 2nd: receive notice of drivers license revocation for a year.

February 27th: My good friend Sean dies of an OxyContin overdose

March 4th: an acquaintance gets killed by a drunk driver, not exactly my best friend but he was a friend of a friend and it hit me pretty hard because Sean had died so recently

March 9th: I get in an accident and my M gets all banged up.

March 25: My friend Garrick dies. A 90 year old woman runs him over while he is riding his motor cycle and he died on the scene. Not only did I have to deal with his death, but his brought up everything I had felt for sean a well when he died.

April 3: I break up with Girl a (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showpost.php?p=199629&postcount=4)

April 26th: I get accused of being an alcoholic by some of my closest friends and my father. To [prove them wrong I decide not to drink for a month. They didn't think I would be able to make it a day. But I didn't let alcohol pass over my lips for the whole damn month.

May 27th: My friend Jeff (another friend of seans who said he had quit pills when sean died.....little did I know the only reason he quit is because he had moved on to heroin) went to rehab.

June 3rd: My oil pump fails and I spin all 6 rod bearings.

Plus I am pissed off that I am still at this fucking piece of shit job that pays well but I HATE with a passion... Only so I can aford my car which is so godamn tempermental and seems like more of a money pit then anything.

God I need a drink.

posted by  Zalight

Damn bro I feel the hurt in all that :ohcrap:, just don't let the little things get you down man, the big things, grieve for a while, but the only way you'll feel better is if you just remember the good times and know that they are both in a better place, your friend who went into re-hab just got a life lesson, he learned it the hard way and I pray that he will not go into drugs again. The tickets? Slow your fast ass down and it won't happen man, keep it at the track :wink2:. The job? You'll get out of it when the time is right and you'll find the job you want. Just my :2cents:
Keep truckin man

posted by  99integra

holy christ, I never knew :ohcrap:

all I knew was about the M3 and that was bad enough....
i dont know exactly how im supposed to reply but good luck with things,
keep thinking of how crazy your car's gonna be after the engine re-do:thumbs:

good luck with it all :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  nighthawk

Ouch, that does sound pretty bad :ohcrap:...But it's not that bad when you remember that you've got the M in the garage :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

Man, that sucks, I'm sorry...:ohcrap:

You're young, you've still got alot of life to live, don't let yourself get all depressed over stuff. Stuff happens, it always will. But things'll get better, they always do, for me anyways. :2cents:

posted by  jedimario

yea man that is pretty harsh. just stay strong and keep your head up aye

posted by  ahoo

Just remember Zalight,

For every dark night, there's a brighter day after it.

posted by  GreekWarrior

More importantly, you're a midle class white boy with access to everything the world has to offer. Whining about ow bad your life seems to YOU, while you COULD be living here:

http://www.unites.uqam.ca/gmf/intranet/gmp/countries/sudan/photos_sudan/02- 01-09%20SUD%20Gugob%203-1-698.jpg

I know it sounds harsh, but it's what I have to tell myself when *I* feel depressed about how things are going at times.

posted by  ChrisV

OMG a real post from greek.
Anyway man just focus on the days ahead it WILL get better dont even let me bring up 03-04.
Also if you got your liscence revoked for a year how did you keep driving?

posted by  skeetin870

Sorry to hear about all that, Zalight. When I saw the title to this one I thought it was gonna be a true account, but a sly dig at this sort of thread, too.....I now know different, nobody needs to go through that much loss in a lifetime, let alone a few months!

posted by  Cliffy

:stupid:

You should always remain thankful, but that doens't mean you cant' be upset about certain things. I think you're perfectly justified in creating this thread.

posted by  jedimario

Long story short: I got a Restricted license which allowed me to drive to work and back.

posted by  Zalight

Your Message