Spanish speakers

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Spanish speakers

Hi:

Does anybody who can speak spanish here??

posted by  OPC Power

I thought you were asking about spanish audio speakers lol....Is it a general question, or do you require a Spanish speaking person? If you require a Spanish speaking member for a specific question, I'd prefer, once you find a Spanish speaking member, that you speak via PM, otherwise we'll have a load of posts that not many people can understand, which would make me wonder why you're using Spanish when you can speak English reasonably well. If you're just wondering who's Spanish, ignor most of the above, lol

posted by  Cliffy

If you are looking for spanish speakers I am a person you may want I have been taking it for 11 years now. I was immersed for 6 went and lived in Mexico for a while. I may not know classical spanish but im sure we can work something out:thumbs:

posted by  skeetin870

Not only am I a native spanish speaker (spanish was my first language), its also half of my major (Spanish and International Trade).:thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

Que Pasa

posted by  Stem

si, mi hablo espanol asi asi

posted by  hhsrastler92

No...lol

posted by  Satty101

I took a semester in Spanish...didn't really learn anything, but I did learn something from CF...Tengo una fiesta un mis pantalones y tu estas invitada

:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

yo tengo los cojones de un toro!

aye aye aye aye!

posted by  TurboLag

You have bull balls????

WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION

posted by  skeetin870

I take it you've never heard "Ballroom Dancing" by AC/DC??

posted by  Satty101

Tis' just a little joke

posted by  skeetin870

tis me not realizing he said Bull and not Big...:banghead:

posted by  Satty101

Its alright

posted by  skeetin870

Si, hablo un poco de espanol, mi mama es du Peru.

The above statement may contain mistakes...

posted by  Mathew

There is your mistake
Es verdad que solamente hablas un pequenisimo de español.
Pero no creo que tenemos mas de cinco personas que puedan tener un conversacion con hispanohablantes.

First person to correctly translate that gets a cookie of their choosing.

posted by  skeetin870

Its true that you only speak a little bit of spanish.
But I don't think that we have more than 5 people who can speak in a conversation with hippopotamuses.

posted by  Mathew

No I speak quite a bit of spanish but I dont think anybody can have a conversation with a hippo. They arent friendly animals.

And thats not the right answer next person who tries and gets it right gets the cookie

posted by  skeetin870

I was translating what you said, dummy, not critiquing your spanish.

The last word was a joke, because I don't know what it means....but the rest is right isnt it?

posted by  Mathew

Yeah you are right I didnt realize you were going for the translation.
Also "Hispanohablantes" is actually a word. I know because in our stupid spanish audio work they mention parts for native speakers. Hispanohablantes speakers of languages from hispanic countries.
I suppose you get the cookie

posted by  skeetin870

That makes sense if you split the word....

Hispano - hispanic, of spanish decent

hablantes - from "hablar", to speak. those who speak

posted by  Mathew

Yeah Its amazing that I hadnt heard that word until a Sapnish 4 AP class.
Whats even more impressive is that in a "College Level" course I didnt write papers or even really get challenged, but we still used workbooks.

I didnt know universities used workbooks in their spanish courses.

Maybe there is a reason nobody ever really speaks well with only formal training in a language. Until you visit and live in the country for at least a few months you wont ever really grasp it. But when you have to use it day in and out it never really goes away.

posted by  skeetin870

:clap: Mathew and skeetin870
or should I say Mateo y el del Taurus?

posted by  elchango36

El del Taurus?

¿De qué estás hablando?

P.S Where in Chicago are you?

My family grew up in Hyde park and my gradparents live in Park ridge

posted by  skeetin870

¿Como traduces “skeetin” en español?
Como no sabia, te puse el apodo de “el del Taurus” por tu “sig”.

And I'm from Albany Park, on the city's northside (north of Irving Park and west of Ravenswood).

posted by  elchango36

Pues puedes traducirlo solamente como "skeetin" porque no es de cualquier idioma

posted by  skeetin870

Claro que si, viene siendo de "ebonics".

Búscalo si no me crees.

posted by  elchango36

No pues para mi no. Lo inventó porque nesecitó un nombre para otró "forum" de "Skeet". Y estaba tirando un remington 870. Por eso lo invento skeetin870 en 2002.

posted by  skeetin870

Um, to the Urban/hip hop community skeet means to ejaculate, not those clay frisbees you shoot at.

posted by  elchango36

Your Message