question on subs

Home  \  Off Topic  \  question on subs

i need some help here on making a sub box for two 12 inch subs that i picked up. any info will help alot. thanks in advance :thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

just google diy audio or diy subwoofer .. or similar, there are a million sites out there, depending on how scientific you want to be with your design. you can get freeware software that will predict freq responses and all sorts.

posted by  windsonian

im just looking for a seald box to make, nothing fancy. they are just going to my stereo system that i have. i picked up the two 12" subs and an amp for 30 bucks brand new soooo, yeah...

posted by  starscream0

1) Figure out how much box space they need (cubic feet)

2) search google for "sealed subwoofer box builder" and poke around, there should be several places where you can input the numbers, and it will give you a simple answer to sizes/materials needed to build a box.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yeah, if the subs came with a paper it should say the size the box should be for different decibel levels. If not, try the manufacturers website to see what the cubic feet should be. If not, you might be able to find a box instructions for a sub like yours at MTX's website. They have some fairly good plans there, or at least they did like 2 years ago lol.

posted by  Nickboxer7

alright, ill check all them out, thanks for the help :thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

NOT ADVERTISING:

caraudio.com will help u with that stuff, they have a whole section regarding box builds and such.

posted by  Stem

Your Message