Clutch went out today on me...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Clutch went out today on me...

Well driving my grandmother's 2002 Hyundai Elantra in to town (30 miles) ,5 speed manual, today at the first stop light if I lightly let up on the clutch it wanted to stall, as in it didn't even have to let out to the catch point, needless to say 2 lights later I could barely put her in gear, but I made it to Walmart, and wasn't thinking much about the car at that point, came out, put it in reverse and heard a weird RRRRR sound, needless to say her clutch was dead. So I waited around for an hour and 45 minutes for the tow truck to come, my grandmother was on her was home from work at this point. I got the car towed to the same shop I have my Mustang at Ironically, and of course my grandmother comes and picks me up. I just figured I would tell you guys a trip that was meant to take 75 minutes took around 3 hours. The funny thing is, I wasn't too bad driving her manual, (I haven't had a ton of experience and am still learning) I only stalled it once or twice total, but today is the day the STOCK 136,xxx miles clutch wants to give. Yeah not too bad for a stock clutch is it? I heard most only go to around 70k miles lol, my grandmother granny drove hers to 136k lol. //end rant

posted by  Pythias

Next time, pull into a bank ATM and tell your Grandmother you f*cked up her clutch.

posted by  What

Heh, she uses the Navy Federal credit union, and I only stalled it twice because I have been practicing recently on my friends 2005 RSX 5 speed. But like I said, once I got into town normal shifting I.e. from 4th to neutral to 2nd it Did NOT want to go into gear.

posted by  Pythias

Of course it didn't want to go into gear. You'd already broken it.

posted by  What

Well MY bad it was the stock clutch with around twice as many miles as most clutches take :PP

posted by  Pythias

I don't think I know many grandmothers that still drive a manual.

posted by  Benson

Your Message