Superman Returns...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Superman Returns...

was dissappionting to be quite honest. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but imo it was alright at best. Comic book movies should make you feel like a kid again(ex: Xmen 1, Spiderman 1 and 2, Batman Begins), this one didn't. The CGI was cool but once it hits DVD it'll look fake like everything else nowadays. It could have done without the stupid love triangle. And finally, Lois Lane is supposed to be the hottest damsel in distress of all damsel's in distress. Kate Bosworth=pretty face, that's it. I was kinda hoping they'd find a nobody, some fine ass brunette just starting in Hollywood, and cast her as Lois Lane. Instead, you have to watch some blonde(she's always played blonde roles) with no other features except a pretty face, prance around the big screen . On the bright side, Kevin Spacey=awesome villian(se7en anyone?) and awesomer Lex Luthor. I give this movie a 6.5/10, a C+, for a decent Superman/Clark Kent and awesome villian. |END RANT|

posted by  elchango36

I agree, its sad that they spent all that money making the movie and they aren't even going to get close to making it back. If you want to see another ok film go see pirates, I think it was better than the first one but at the same time it seemed really long and I felt like they were trying to push what little comedic moments it had.

posted by  salimander13

Superman doesn't throw a punch in the entire movie. It wasn't bad though. More serene and poetic than the X-men movies we've been used to. It's almost artsy.

posted by  What

So should I go see "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" instead?

posted by  Wally

since its not out we really have nothing to base it off of except the trailer...and usually it gives away all the good parts for movies like that sooooo I'd put my money on superman. Basically in this superman it opens you up to him like it shows you all his abilities, weakness's,enemy (for now), and love. Its one of those movies that when you watch it you like it and when its over you agree on the great special effects with others and don't really give it much of a second thought until a couple of years from now when you get random movie cravings.

posted by  salimander13

I enjoyed it. It also left a few avenues for sequels. Who knows which way it will go.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message