Well heres what happened today, my dad, his g/f, his g/f's sister, and their friend Emile (sp?) its Phillipino lol. Well back to the story, we went over to my dad's g/f's house today to look at the breaker because the power kicked off, we just thought it was because of some storms though, so Emile turned off the main and flicked it back on and a little flame shot out along with popping noises, so we called an electrician and he came out and said that the wiring was all Jerry rigged by the contractor. So he's fixing it and the 5 of us are in the other room talking when all of a sudden we hear a huge noise like that of a transformer exploding (and if you ever have been in a hurricane you know that sound nicely). I got up to see what was going on and I started to walk down the hallway, I got to the room before the room he was in and a huge orange glow of fire emmitted from the room along with the sound of electricity juicing something, everyone hauled ass to the room even though the orange glow of fire was just continuously shooting out of the door and we saw the electrician flop right underneath the door jam, he got juiced so my dad and I dragged him out of the mini fire storm from the closet (where the breaker was) and then called 911 and all that jazz. The electrician was fine but suffered some burns to the face and arms, but other than that he did somethin he shouldn't have done so a lawsuit might be in order but I doubt it will happen. Nothing in the room was destroyed except for a dresser and a mattress cover, but now they're without power for about a week and have to get a new A/C unit and relocate the breaker to the garage for safety issues. It was a very eventful day to say the least. :ohcrap:
bet that was a blast....
haha, get it a blast? haha...
but seriously... thats pretty crazy
Yeah..got there at 3 left at 10.. :ohcrap:
Ah another thing, homeowners insurance should cover this right?
Not sure, but I have a feeling you'll find out soon enough. Sh*t I'd sue the electrician if anything.
Yeah thats what the fire marshall said too, the electrician was trying to blame it on the inspectors but since it was 4 years ago and it was fine, then he comes along and f*cks it all up.
Should do, but even if it didn't, the Electrician would have been insured for such occurances. Sounds like an eventfull day though! :thumbs: