Long time

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Long time

Long time no talk. Just sayin holler. Later peeps

posted by  newyorker

Wow you really did last a long time w/o comin back. Your tail pipe looks like hell, get a hanger for it.

posted by  99integra

:stupid:

posted by  jedimario

Im getting a different car so it doesnt matter. Thats just the way the muffler is (big tip) and they couldnt weld it straight on cause it would touch the bumper and melt it so I could either hack a part of the bumper off, or have it hang a little.

posted by  newyorker

Well at least he chose the better of two evils, if you wanna call messing up a Neon evil :laughing:

Just messin w/ ya 6000

posted by  jedimario

If you got an up pipe it would look hella better man :2cents:

posted by  99integra

I suppose but then there would be more welds in the exhaust and there would be like a really frankenstein looking exhaust at the end...doesnt matter, whoever gets the car can do what they want.

posted by  newyorker

welcome back...:thumbs:

I just joined this forum about a week before you left,
Im one of the like 2% of people that stayed around:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Yea ive been chatting with Pythias on and off through AIM and he said its kinda gettin dead around here, so I thought id bring back some fun

posted by  newyorker

Damn I'd buy it from you if it wasn't a 3spd, how much you askin?

posted by  99integra

Or create some more hell? :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I got a guy coming this week from jersey. The price listed when he called was 3500 obo, so im guessin il get just a bit over 3000

Also I thought of swappin the trans, but the car would be worthless afterwards...faster.but none would buy a car that had a tranny swapped by 2 teenagers..it wuda cost me 600 for parts and labor.

posted by  newyorker

Na. Its pointless

posted by  newyorker

Dammit I'd take the ****in thing!

posted by  99integra

I can ship it to ya, but I duno why you would want my car lol

BTW it only has 73k miles

posted by  newyorker

And whats this other car you're getting to replace it?

posted by  Mathew

Im still in the market. I was looking at an 02 protege LX 5-speed, but it sold the day before I was gona come and test drive it. Now looking at a 01 Civic LX 5-speed...nothing fancy, just a good car for reliable transportation and stick shift for a bit more fun in the drive

posted by  newyorker

Because I've been lookin at Neons and the 97 Civic EX's and want one now :doh:, 0-60 in less than 8 sec. Sporty, good gas mileage for both of em. Cool cars

posted by  99integra

The 5-speed DOHC neons are bullets on wheels

0-60 in 7.5
1/4 in 15.9

Not bad for a stock car that you can get for around 2k

They take mods very well, and can be made pretty quick (14.5 second range) with just boltons.

However, the automatic neons suck, and are slower than all arse (except stock civics lol), and get nowhere near the MPG that the 5-speed ones do

I feel its time to move on

posted by  newyorker

But those aren't Neons!

posted by  Mathew

There are no 5-speed ones around here, and the ones that are like 50 milse away are beat and not worth lookin at. I decided that ive had my fun with this car, and its time to move on to something newer. Just fixed my AC a few days ago, so hopefully it sells.

posted by  newyorker

You're on ly planning on driving it in the driveway? lol....Welcome back to CF! hobo will be pleased to see you back, I'm sure :laughing:

I see you're also back to posting in the wrong place again....*moves topic* :doh:

posted by  Cliffy

Well, since I registered here last night I obviously won't remember you :mrgreen: but welcome back anyway!

posted by  Jordan Pardy

Thanks for the re-welcoming. What do you mean about the driveway?

posted by  newyorker

He meant it as a joke when you said: ('drive' short for 'driveway')

Plus he's Brit :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

oo :banghead: brain fart on my part

posted by  newyorker

Isn't anyone else going to bug him about the fact that before he only ever wanted to own Neons? Damnit people, work with me!

(just joking ny...good on you for expanding your horizons.)

posted by  Mathew

Hey, I thought you said all you'd ever want to own were Neons, and now you're leaving them and going for foreign made cars..:wink2:

Better Mathew? :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

The neon is still performance superior for the price, but now that im a bit older (almost 18), i need a better car for a few reasons.

posted by  newyorker

lol, yeah you got it, I didn't expect anyone to understand that one though...I put it down to Brit humour, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Il be in London on august 19th to 28th, so il pick up a little

posted by  newyorker

Central London?

posted by  Cliffy

Yep...i have the hotel name somewhere il get it for ya lol

Its called I think the Royal Imperial Hotel.....or some crap like that

posted by  newyorker

Your Message