Lung Cancer

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Lung Cancer

Smoking Smoking Smoking, lung cancer, blah blah blah.

Is lung cancer caused by all the other shit in cigarettes that were always hearing about (rat poison, rubber cement, the yummy stuff)...or is it caused directly by nicotine?

Do Djarum "black" clove-cigarettes cause lung cancer? Considering they have (of my knowledge) only cloves, tobacco (which contains nicotine), and a few other herbs. Does that cause lung cancer also?

Is the cancer caused directly by the nicotine, the random shit in regular cigarettes, or just by the smoke in general?

posted by  Spade

I don't know much about it, but I always thought it was the smoke itself that done the most damage! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

you can get lung cancer by breathing anything that combusts...period the crap they put in smokes will increase your chances of getting cancer 10 fold, breathing welding fumes will most deffinately give you cancer, breathing the air will probably give you cancer also. talking on internet forums will give you leg cancer because you havent gotten off your fat ass in the last 30 days. having sex among otherthings will give you cancer probably, Life Is an STD with 100% mortality rate, how you die is completely your decision

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Interesting explanation, lol. I really dont see how one becomes adicted to smoking though, I smoked a few times...just being sociable, but could never become reliant on cigs, lol

posted by  Cliffy

I cough up blood in the morning sometimes....

/lights another cig

posted by  Zalight

yeah, i rather enjoy my hacking coughs
....lights up another... ahhhhchoaughhaa
haahaha... i need to quit though...

posted by  mazda6man

ick...

posted by  jedimario

In the UK they've started taking an idea from Europe and are putting pictures of what cigarettes are capable of, on their packets, instead of the text the use now. Pictures include that of a limp penis (so signify impetance....obviously, lol), a dying person with tubes etc, to signify cancer, I'm sure if nothing else, this will put a few people off. I guess it's the adiction that's the real killer though, and for alot of people it's not that they don't want to give up, it's that they can't!

posted by  Cliffy

They have pictures like that on packs here too, of lungs, hearts, teeth, etc..

I too have tried it in a social gathering and didn't much care for it.. it's kind of like alcohol though.. pointless.

posted by  car_crazy89

Its a stress reliever, a distraction.

It feels great...

posted by  Zalight

We might have poached it from you guys in that case, a good idea all the same. As for alcohol, yes it's pointless, but it's certainly nice, lol, I think it's an aquired taste alot of the time though, takes some getting used to!

posted by  Cliffy

Alcohol is a warm comforting blanket that covers you and hides you from the things that make you sad or angry or regretful. It can turn you into a social butterfly when you are around many people or relax you when you are wound up,

Alcohol is magical.

posted by  Zalight

very true, when taken the right way

ive personally never touched cigarettes, to me, its just like smoking weed that is so weak you dont even get high

posted by  nighthawk

So is working ok, going for a run, beating _ ...... No you can get lung cancer from other things besides sigs, BanffAutoSpa_ap summed it up rather well

posted by  Voda48

I believe the smoke contains some sort of free-radicals which reacts with the cells in your lungs and cause cancer although it is a gradual process.

Also it clogs up your arteries plus gives you yellow teeth and bad breath(especially mixed with chewing gum).

posted by  fudge

Got to love Chemistry, free radicals are a pretty interesting subject, like the ozone...

posted by  Voda48

mmm...free radicals.

Coughing blood is an early sign of lung cancer.

posted by  Zalight

I have smoked cigarettes a couple of times and once or twice I actually got a pretty good little buzz like everything was relaxing. Then my body said "Lets do that again it would be fun" then I stopped. It did feel very nice though.

posted by  skeetin870

Your Message