Holy Shit!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Holy Shit!

"This isn't the update I wanted to give you all. I was on my way home from work last Wednesday morning around 2am and a drunk driver crossed the center line and absolutely destroyed my truck. I managed to come out of it with a broken nose, black eye, and alot of scrapes and bruises. Here's some pics of what's left of the truck"

"By the way, he was driving a 2005 GMC Sierra crew cab, longbed, heavy-duty 4x4 so it was really no contest between my little Ranger and that big ol' truck."

"Thanks for all the well-wishes and all, gang! I didn't realize how lucky I was until I went and saw how mangled the truck was. I got extremely weak in the knees just looking at it. Once I got home, I lost it completely. I still can't believe Purp is no more. I am driving a Focus right now but am already starting to look for another Ranger. Like they say, "Once a Mini-Trucker, Always a Mini-Trucker!"

MacDaddy- I had to laugh too about the 'dude' and 'bro' thing. Oh well, I didn't recognize alot of the names since I haven't been online much lately so maybe they didn't realize I'M A MINI-TRUCKIN' CHIC!!!

The posted speed limit on the road is 50mph and I had just looked at the speedo and had it right on 50. As for the other guy, I don't know how fast he was going. Eitherway, it was most likely a 100mph impact.

He walked away with a laceration on his leg, that's it. As for me, I've had a serious headache for several days now (ever since I ran out of pain drugs) and my front upper teeth is really throbbing. I'm going to the dentist and the doctor again next week for a follow-up visit and everything.

"I am back to work and everything and am going truck shopping this weekend to see if i can take advantage of the 4th of July sales and all that. My insurance company cut me a check yesterday for my truck and then they are going to handle everything with his insurance company to save me the headache. I've got a ton of forms to fill out for medical and lost work time, etc. This sucks.

Purp has been moved to an undisclosed location (I didn't want to know where) so that he may Rust in Pieces."

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/355000-355999/355031_42_f ull.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/355000-355999/355031_43_f ull.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/355000-355999/355031_44_f ull.jpg

I didn't want to post a link to RPS so I just did this and I will quote the driver (she walked away fine).

Shows why us Ranger owners drive built Ford tough. :wink2: She recently bought an 05 Ranger too.

posted by  99integra

Holy F*ck dude!

I feel for you man, lucky your alive tho. :ohcrap:

posted by  GreekWarrior

why is that not ur truck? diff color n crap? and why does it all of a sudden have maryland plates?

posted by  newyorker

-And the pics are labeled 6/22/06.
-The truck is two different colors.
-That's clearly a T-bone
-The front airbag went off, though, and that only happens when sensors in the front sense an impending impact.

And before anyone goes off on how the passenger airbag didn't go off, and that's why ford sucks. Remember, that ford designed their passenger safety system to stop the passenger airbag from going off when there's nobody in that seat; to save you a couple thousand in a minor crash, from replacing the passenger airbag.

Looks like 99's account got hacked.

posted by  Godlaus

None of you actually read the whole post did you? I'm pissed out of my damn tree and I still managed to understand it. It's a Copy & Paste from another forum....

In Steven's words:

"I didn't want to post a link to RPS so I just did this and I will quote the driver (she walked away fine).

Shows why us Ranger owners drive built Ford tough. She recently bought an 05 Ranger too."

posted by  dodgerforlife

Woops.......well i proved I'm an idiot. :clap: :doh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Haha if that was my truck I WOULD kill myself, but thats a big hit seriously :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

Man i feel stupid :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

I knew there was something strange about this...

I just didnt post it because of possible-thats-not-funny-flaming

posted by  nighthawk

Besides that, Steven is only 15. He can't legally drive nor can his butt be out after 11:00. :doh:

posted by  97Talonchik

Actually for the first 3 months I've held a permit I can only drive during daylight hours, after that I can drive from 5am to 10pm, when I'm 16 I can drive till 11pm unless accompanied by a 21 or older person, or if my job requires a later time than 11pm, then I can drive whenever the f*ck I want.

posted by  99integra

thats a complicated plan,

probably better than what ive got, I can drive with someone who has had their liscense for 4 or more years only for the first year, but since im in driving school, ill have my 100% drivable liscence in mid december
12.00 curfew for the following year though:ohcrap:

posted by  nighthawk

It's the same here, except most people rarely follow the 12:00 am curfew with their G2.. the cops just don't seem to enforce it. I should be able to go for my G2 sometime this week or next myself :smoke:

posted by  car_crazy89

Impending? Aren't they off accelerometers?

posted by  windsonian

Among other factors, like the tightening of the seatbelts, the weight sensors in the seats, the severity of the crash, the decelerrating, etc, etc.

posted by  Godlaus

Maybe that's cause you are? :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

:laughing: nope

posted by  newyorker

Here in PA you get your learner's permit when you're 16 which means driving between 5am and 11pm with someone that is at least 21. 6 months later you can get your junior's license which means you can drive by yourself or with whoever you want but the curfew is still there. Most people don't really follow it.

When you turn 18 you get your unrestricted license. However, if you have taken a driver's ed course and have a crash-and-convict free record, you can get it at 17.5.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

this is what i mean... how can it determine the severity of an IMPENDING crash?

posted by  windsonian

I was confused too about who it had happened to lol...Good to know that the driver got away relatively unharmed...

posted by  chris_knows

whats a G2???
here in england, there is no curfew with new drivers etc!
the only thing like that is when your learning to drive with a provisional (a liscence before your proper one) liscence, you can drive aslong as you have someone aged 21 or higher with at least 3 years driving experience

posted by  True_Brit

It's part of the graduated licensing thing in Ontario. You start off as G1 (What I have, where the restrictions are:
- maintain a zero blood alcohol level while driving;
- be accompanied by a fully licensed driver, who has at least four years driving experience, and a blood alcohol level of less than .05 per cent, in case he/she needs to take over the wheel;
- ensure the accompanying driver is the only other person in the front seat;
- ensure the number of passengers in the vehicle is limited to the number of working seat belts;
- refrain from driving on Ontario's "400-series" highways or on high speed expressways such as the Queen Elizabeth Way, Don Valley Parkway, Gardiner Expressway, E.C. Row Expressway and the Conestoga Parkway;
- refrain from driving between midnight and 5:00 a.m.

After a year (unless you take a driver's ed course where you can drop 4 months off of the waiting time) you apply for G2, where the restrictions are:

- maintain a zero blood alcohol level while driving;
- ensure the number of passengers in the vehicle is limited to the number of working seat belts.
- The number of young passengers that teen G2 drivers can carry will be limited from midnight to 5 a.m.
- Initially, G2 drivers 19 or under can carry only one passenger aged 19 or under.
- After the first six months, and until the G2 driver earns a full G licence or turns 20, they can carry only three passengers aged 19 or under.

posted by  chris_knows

I understood it from the start, what with the quotes 'n all!...That was one bad smash though!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message