What a close call!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  What a close call!

Can you believe how close this was?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

The world is one messed up place!

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Damn now that is some crazy and messed up stuff right there. They do have a point that they had a smart idea of to turn nothing into a big deadly something. Pretty soon you won't be able to take anything onboard with you on a plane.

posted by  Spanky2324

Yep. No more shampoo, shaving cream, gel, beverage, etc. Makes me wonder how baby bottles will be taken care of? Also, UK has prohibited ALL carry-on luggage till further notice.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

they might as well stop using airplanes, jesus christ

posted by  nighthawk

I was rather pissed off because I was planning on going to the US on September 11th but after this I really do have my doubts.

But I'm happy that the police has put a stop to what would have been a complete catastrophe.

posted by  fudge

That's what boobs are for. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

no boobs on airplanes ethier, new rule:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

What is the world coming to? Pretty soon you will all have to wear jump suits given to you at time of boarding. Threat of weaving c4 into a jacket.

posted by  Voda48

I was kidding. There are exceptions to the rule:

BANNED:
· Liquids or gels of any kind in carry-on luggage. Items must be checked.
· This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

ALLOWED:
· Baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or child is traveling.
· Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket, and insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines.

posted by  97Talonchik

what's kinda weird is to think that your sports drink is used as a component of that explosive cocktail..... YOUR SPORTS DRINK!!!!!! be careful about what you eat w/ that gatorade...:wink2: you don't suppose that the whole thing was overblown and they were gonna mix pop rocks and coke, do ya? or maybe that mentos and sprite thing?

posted by  dodger65

so you're pretty stuffed then if youre quite thirsty on the plane

posted by  True_Brit

I doubt it. The arrests were made very quickly and very convincingly. Although the exact idea was not given out due to security reasons, it sounds like there was definite evidence of foul play.

The only thing that I'm wondering about is how they actually discovered the plot. Millions of bottles go through airports daily without being inspected. Suddently, security discovers bomb intentions! Sound a little weird? Anybody smell government conspiracy for us to see that they're doing their job? heh, jk :laughing:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I'm sure that they will sell bottles of water on planes now. They used to serve refreshments all the time too. However, duty free prices of shampoos and gels will probably sky rocket since people will need to buy them when landing in their destination.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I believe the pakistani government had alerted someone. my mom was telling me about it last night i was kinda asleep

posted by  newyorker

see here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4783141.stm

posted by  an_talpur

You can still put those things in your luggage. You just can't have them in your carryon. Not really that unreasonable of a request if you think about it. Do you honestly need to gel your hair or wash it on the plane?

posted by  97Talonchik

Your Message