World Trade Center

Home  \  Off Topic  \  World Trade Center

Has anyone else seen that movie. I seen it today it was a great but sad movie very touching.

posted by  Spanky2324

IMO they should not have made the movie this soon. Something like that should be released a little more than five years after a horrible event like that. I also wondered why they couldn't get anyone better than Nicklus Cage (sp?) Even all no names would have been a better move.

posted by  Voda48

Didn't see it but do plan on it, probably this weekend. Is it worth the watch?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

nicklus cage is a great actor but i think that the role doesnt fit him a good movie that i like that he did was gone in 60 seconds

posted by  81-camaro

why do you think it should have waited to be released? i actually think it was good that it was broaught out when it was. especially with all the crap going on. why? people are losing sight on why were doing everything that we are (though im kind of one of those people) and this kindof reminds us... and for the people that say its to soon to release the movie because its still a touchy subject, get over it. as long as we're still in this rediculous "war" youre going to hear about the trade centres from time to time

posted by  mazda6man

Saw previews for it, looks good, I'll probably see it sometime.

:clap: right on!

posted by  jedimario

Ok Mazda6man your soundin a bit douchie here, do you really think all the people who have lost someone to the tragedy really appreciate this in anyform, i personally dont know but if i lost someone in the being reminded about it every day on goddamn previews, and the fact somebody is making millions of dollars at this expense and probably wastes every penny on Hookers and Blow, while you still bust your ass from 8-5 so you can pay off every little penny you owe to everyone else before you can pay yourself. Have some compassion or empathy or whatever you may wanna call it...........but thats just my opinion:mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Well that's just one of the downsides to free speach.

posted by  jedimario

I do plan to see this movie, I'm wondering how it compares to the unpatriotic, unhollywood docudrama United 93 (which was sad, but excellent). Did anyone else see that?

posted by  Mathew

i understand that point of view. but sometimes you cant get away from it. ok so my grandfather died, a month later i read something in the paper about him... should i have written to the paper complaining about having an article about him? no. i think the movie will just remind us about what happened. and make sure that we remember what the war is about. i honestly think the movie couldnt have come out at a better time

posted by  mazda6man

I wont see it yet. I'm not ready. 9/11 cost me a step dad who was a co pilot.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Probably the complete opposite:laughing:

posted by  fudge

no kidding?

posted by  mazda6man

really? oh dear

posted by  True_Brit

I will see this film as and when it reaches the UK, I sure hope a large chunk of profit goes to charity though, as I hate the thought of multi-billion dollar companies profiting from such tradgedy!

Synth, I'm sorry to hear that 9/11 touched you this way, I'm obviously gonna trust what you say is true as banter about this would obviously be wrong...:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

That is such a sweet thought!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Titanic, Pearl Harbour, Schindler's List, Platoon, Black Hawk Down, Bloody Sunday, Monster, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Munich, etc etc....

Its not the first time, I say just accept thats what this world is all about and just enjoy the movies...

posted by  Mathew

Yes, but none of the films you listed touched people in the way this Movie is bound to, especially sinse it's fairly recent and this isn't just another war story or a natural disaster, it's focused around terrorism, a sore point in this day and age!

posted by  Cliffy

speaking of the wtc's i just came back from new york and i stayed at the hilton witch is right across the street and when i saw the amount of names written on the memorial board i was shocked and realized how lucky i am considering on that same day my step dad was suppose to fly to las vagas and his flight was cancelled

posted by  81-camaro

wow, i must say that that is quite a bit of luck (no, im not trying to be sarcastic) seriously, it is some luck.

posted by  starscream0

Fate...if you believe in that sort of thing!

posted by  Cliffy

eh, i guess so...

posted by  starscream0

i believe it was

posted by  81-camaro

IMO it was pretty good. It's just a movie, and should be left at that. So it was good.

posted by  67Coronet383

Your Message