Road Trip Check List

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Road Trip Check List

I'm driving from New Orleans to Myrtle Beach September 29. I'm taking the Accord. I just had the first oil change about 3 weeks ago. I'm going by myself and it's my first trip alone. The last time I went on a road trip was with my sister in 2005 from New Orleans to Baltimore in her Saturn. We broke down in Jefferson City TN and it SUCKED. What are some things I need to have done or things I need to bring with me just in case something with the car goes wrong (besides a Visa.)

So far I've thought of

Fix a flat

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Bring either a jumper cable or a battery charger, map, make sure your spare tire is at the proper PSI and you have your jack, check tire PSI, check all your fluids, check your hoses just by squeezing them so to speak, make sure they aren't spongy or dried out, check your belts, look for tiny tears, slack etc. Someone fill in what I missed

posted by  99integra

About how much would it cost for someone at a car store to do it?

On every trip I take from Carbondale to Chicago, I always make sure I have my tools, spare tire, jack, key for my wheel locks, lug nut wrench, tire pressure gauge, a gallon of water, flashlight, and my cell phone. Remember on long trips its important to check your fluid levels and tire pressure for any changes.

posted by  elchango36

More than you need to pay if your just checkin belts and hoses :wink2:

posted by  99integra

What is the gallon of water for? The radiator?

Yes, in case you car overheats on the way there due to lack of coolant, the gallon of water might be able to get you off the highway and into a repair shop(it depends on the size of your leak).

posted by  elchango36

Also bring an egg :wink2:

posted by  99integra

What is the egg for?

Seals up any leak in the radiator, they did it on Mythbusters and it worked, but hell I wouldn't do it unless it was my only option.

posted by  99integra

An egg could get messy in her new car. I wouldn't want egg on my car upholstery.

posted by  elchango36

Because between the two of you, you'll at least have the IQ of an egg. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

I think I'll pass on the egg Steven lol

Your funny Hobo..

posted by  99integra

It couldn't hurt to have a Multi-tool pocketknife in the car. A AAA card will also give you some piece of mind, but at a pretty hefty cost IMHO.

posted by  giant016

just bring 50 grand

posted by  nighthawk

ha, I wish.

That's a pretty good beach I havn't been in awhile. I'll be down in Florida about the same time you are.

As far as the checklist...have fun. :wink2:

posted by  67Coronet383

Ay who wants to hook up wit a nigga! :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Why do you take exception to someone wanting to profile middle easterners because it's racist, but then find it perfectly acceptable to use the racial epithet "nigga"? That my little friend is a bannable offense on this forum. I hope they nail you to the cross.

posted by  vwhobo

Bleh, its different than the other definition, its somethin everyone says now a days.

Betcha I just contradicted myself didn't I?...

posted by  99integra

I can assure you that not "everyone" or even most people say it nowadays. Small minded ignorant people perhaps, racists for sure and I'm positive there are others as well. Which category would you like to be in?

posted by  vwhobo

Well no almost every single teenager in my school and around the country say it a lot. NOBODY says the other word, which has a very bad definition. Surely I'm not racist or by no means prejudice.

posted by  99integra

Do you prefer to eat alligator or possum?

posted by  vwhobo

Nice Hobo...it's just a slang word for hombre, bro, homie etc etc.

posted by  99integra

You didn't answer my question. Do you prefer to eat alligator or possum? Or maybe you prefer cheeseburgers. Which is it?

posted by  vwhobo

Eh? I prefer BBQ chicken thanks :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Fair enough. How many times in your life have you eaten alligator or possum?

posted by  vwhobo

Mmm...can honestly say never. :wink2:

posted by  99integra

So then how can you say you prefer the taste of "BBQ chicken" over alligator and possum if you've never tasted them... Unless of course you've pre-judged them? Even you can see that if you pre-judge something that you're prejudiced. Like it or not, EVERYONE is prejudiced in one way or the other.

posted by  vwhobo

Hmm, damn..that was a good analogy I don't have anything to say to that one except..that makes sense.

posted by  99integra

BTW, possum is excellent barbequed and gator is awesome when made up in battered and fried nuggets. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Sometimes it's really hard to tell when you're being sarcastic lol

posted by  jedimario

Hah I've had opportunity to try both of them (it being the great state of Florida) but I happily declined...now squirrel is pretty good actually.

posted by  99integra

Hobo, would you prefer to eat dog shit or cat shit?

posted by  67Coronet383

So is racoon, dog, cat, horse, snake, porcupine, wild hog, pigeon and just about any other meat if prepared correctly. We don't eat too much (any) dog, cat or horse around here. The good news is that deer season starts in less than two hours and I already have room in my freezer for the two (at least) promised for hunting rights. Venison anyone?

posted by  vwhobo

I'll let you tell me which tastes better and then decline the offer. Don't want you to go hungry now.

posted by  vwhobo

Don't worry, I'm sure you spew out plently of shit to fill up all the shit eaters.

So which is it? Don't tell me you havn't tried either and you're prejudging. Uh-oh, sometimes prejudging is good. Or are you right and should you eat shit? Sounds stupid, but what you said puts the cherry on the shit.:wink2:

posted by  67Coronet383

I know this is a new concept for you, but try reading what I said. Never EVER did I say that pre-judging is in and of itself a bad thing. For example, from your very first post on this forum I knew you were going to be a waste of oxygen. Three years later, with every post your type, you prove me correct. I suppose I should thank you for proving my point.

posted by  vwhobo

Aw look a cop-out. Lets not all get technical in order to squeeze out now. You look like preaching about racism the way you talk to people around here. So... the whole time YOU and I have been on this forum together, you've been a plagiarist, a liar, and a hipocrite.

posted by  67Coronet383

Go ahead Twinkie, get it all out. I know you're just waiting to tell all your lies again hoping that someone will believe them this time. Once again you're showing your true colors. Don't waste your time trying to assasinate my character, nobody cares. You are small and insignificant. Sorry, but that's your lot in life. Get over it.

posted by  vwhobo

I'm not the only one that knows about it. There is you, me, JaneiR36, and a couple others. She actually couldnt read all of "your" post in one sitting so saved it in a text file on her computer. When I brought up the issue, she compared. You're a real piece of shit to lie like this, I hope you know. Didn't your mom ever teach you not to lie? It strips away all your credit.

posted by  67Coronet383

It also strips away your credibility when you try to use words and don't really know what they mean. Are you done with your self appointed agenda of character assasination tonight, or do we need to endure more of your whiney, lying bullsh*t?

posted by  vwhobo

That's sad. Hang it up.

posted by  67Coronet383

Hey right here pass me down some deer meat.:drool:

posted by  Spanky2324

I wish I could. Gotta save some room for the buffalo and elk. It's that time of year after all. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

What do you usually hunt deer with hobo?

posted by  67Coronet383

Hobo waits in the bushes for a deer to say something dumb, which almost all of them do on a regular basis. He then stands up from the bushes and calls the deer out. Many deer scamper away knowing that Hobo will be able to blow their head off with a quick blast of logic. Others feel the need to rebel, and think just because he's got the biggest gun around here must mean he is compensating for something. I can't say if he's compensating for something, but I'm just afraid of a well hung man with a gun as I am a needle-dick with a gun.

posted by  giant016

:orglaugh: funny

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message