wow

Home  \  Off Topic  \  wow

First day back and already a closed thread. It's in "off topic" So kinda general bs threads about whatever someone wants to post about so..................... why close it? Hell might as well close this one to.:screwy:

posted by  thefonz

Because oh yee of wonderfull remarks, it was useless!...Geez, one minute you're moaning about unlawfull deletion, and when we do as you all wish and close a thread instead, we're still slated...Oh dear. Listen mate, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out why it was closed....

posted by  Cliffy

Not quite bucko, I have never asked for any thread to be closed.(or unlawfull deletion). I guess I'm no genius. Maybe some day I can be as smart as the rest of the bright bannanas on here. Oh dear. Listen mate, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to spell unlawful, or big words like ye.

Welcome back anyhow:thumbs:

posted by  thefonz

Why thankyou....for the welcome back atleast. Listen, don't get me started on spelling errors, I think most of my spelling's just fine, thanx! (God forbid I should miss the odd letter here and there :doh:).

As far as deletion etc is concerned, I was talking in a general basis with regard to a thread in the Feedback section, and as such was refering to you (the members), acusing us (the Mods), of the 'unlawful' deleting of threads!

posted by  Cliffy

Boy that was a nice holiday we had while you were on holiday.

posted by  Benson

Steady on :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

How about a STFU NOOB.:laughing:

Looks like someone is as whiney about useless threads being closed as vwhobo.:ticking:

posted by  67Coronet383

How about you go screw yourself. :laughing: :fu: I'm not a noob- been here longer than you, or are you not bright enough to see that. I just don't post alot but that don't mean I'm a noob. You are an effin idiot, so ....4Q dickhead. Threads that are pointless end up dying out on their own, so there is no need to delete them. Just my opinion as worthless as it may be. :fu: again!!

posted by  thefonz

You don't act like you're in the 40's...

posted by  99integra

Sorry (not) smart one, I hate to make you look like a fool (only because you do a great job of it all by yourself) but I've been around & signed up since February of '04. Completely pointless, useless, space-wasting threads (like this one) shouldn't be left around taking up space. I've run forums before, and it's a pain to have a collection of crap laying around. OK - You're entitled to your opinion as worthless as it was.

posted by  67Coronet383

it says you joined Nov 2005?

posted by  True_Brit

Yeah, it does. But like I said, I've been signed up since February of '04. Just not on the same username.

posted by  67Coronet383

oh i getcha! why aint you using your old username?

posted by  True_Brit

I guess that doesn't mean anything:screwy:

posted by  thefonz

BavarianBanner got a hold of it for "idle threats."

posted by  67Coronet383

What does someone in their 40's act like? Azholes like him can bring it out in me. 67Coronet383- Why don't you mind your own bussiness?

posted by  thefonz

Because this is a forum, we're both members, and what you post and what I post is OUR business. Public forum, public thread, public readers, public posts. Follow? Good. Knew a guy in his 40s could grasp that.

posted by  67Coronet383

I'm sure you know what I mean. Thanks for the guidence, you're awsome!:thumbs:

posted by  thefonz

Someone in their 40's don't usually use the :fu: smiley or go off on a rant. :wink2:

posted by  99integra

I usually don't.

posted by  thefonz

Incidently and not regarding the ":fu:", isn't vwhobo in his 40s? :laughing: I think you're oh-so-wrong there 99integra.

posted by  67Coronet383

Haha I don't recall seein him use that smiley without someone usin it first. Well...I retract my statement, now we got 2 crotchety middle age warriors :laughing:

posted by  99integra

i dont quite know why but reading that made me laugh:laughing:

posted by  starscream0

So if you are upset about one self-admittedly useless thread being closed, what would prompt you to go ahead and make another?

You should just PM a mod. It's more respectful and you might actually achieve something.. THis...what you did and are doing now, is wrong and isn't working.

posted by  Bronxie

Chill out zone, anything other than vehicles. Post photos and videos here ...

I also have the right to voice my opinion, just as anyone else does. That’s all I was doing. Everyone else jumped on the band wagon, voicing theirs also. Is this wrong? My point is, it is in off topic and wasn't breaking rules, so what was the problem. If people want to babble about nothing, but the conversation goes on between two or more members, What's the big deal?, or the need to close it. So do ya'll like seeing so many threads closed?

posted by  thefonz

Listen, I didn't read the topic in off-topic, so I am giving an unbiased opinion. I think even if you have something wrong with their actions, this isn't the proper way to handle it. It elicits flaming, fighting, arguing, and it basically involves people who don't need to be involved.

It's like if you have a disagreement with your wife at a large dinner table with guests, and instead of pulling her aside to discuss things and ask why, you start yelling at her right in front of everyone and causing a scene. Do you see what I mean? That's the equivalent of what you did.

When I first joined I had problems with some members because I tend to make a lot of controversial remarks and I just PMed cliffy and he was really nice about it, made me more comfortable being here.

Anyways just a thought for you. Don't take everything so personally, as many people tend to do.

posted by  Bronxie

Believe me, it's not personal.

Quote:this isn't the proper way to handle it. It elicits flaming, fighting, arguing, and it basically involves people who don't need to be involved.

Maybe but also...
It gives other members the chance to agree or disagree, possibly influencing the mods one way or the other.

posted by  thefonz

It's like if you have a disagreement with your wife at a large dinner table with guests, and instead of pulling her aside to discuss things and ask why, you start yelling at her right in front of everyone and causing a scene. Do you see what I mean? That's the equivalent of what you did.

Hell, I'd never do that, I would take it to the lobby! jk:laughing:

posted by  thefonz

You didn't post it as a discussion topic. You made specific inflammatory remarks and insults towards the mods and such. That doesn't make for a discussion, that makes for a big fight. You know that. You might just have been upset which is understandable but like I said earlier...I would be more serene about it and take a calmer approach.

posted by  Bronxie

My quote:
First day back and already a closed thread. It's in "off topic" So kinda general bs threads about whatever someone wants to post about so..................... why close it? Hell might as well close this one to.

Mainly the question was 'why close it?' Basically what I got was..Oh dear. Listen mate, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out why it was closed....

posted by  thefonz

We're talking about Zalight's drunk thread, right?

posted by  67Coronet383

I don't know, I guess it's how someone interprets it then. I can't say you really said anything wrong, (until after a couple posts)

There are so many factors, both environmental and psychological that play into it...could be someone misunderstanding you, could be someone in a bad mood who had a bad day, could be people being biased to defend the mods, could be you taking it a little more personally than you think..

But whatever the case, it ended up like this, whosever fault it may have been, and the thread is probably still closed, and nothing was accomplished.

Have you guys ever smoked a hookah? I don't smoke AT ALL, but in Iran hookahs are everywhere and they have like flavored tobacco for it and I just couldn't resist. It's times like these we all just need a nice peach flavored hookah to calm our nerves.

posted by  Bronxie

Yes, that is correct.
(wouldn't just let me put 'yes'):screwy:

posted by  thefonz

Have you guys ever smoked a hookah? I don't smoke AT ALL, but in Iran hookahs are everywhere and they have like flavored tobacco for it and I just couldn't resist. It's times like these we all just need a nice peach flavored hookah to calm our nerves.[/QUOTE]

If anybody thinks I'm not in my late 40's... I'm not sure what hookas are, unless it's a chick on the corner selling her body.:laughing:

posted by  thefonz

Thought so.

In that case, it really is obviously like Cliffy implied as to why it was closed. I mean come on "I'm drunk, you're my bitches make me a sandwich." Get real man.

Also, believe it or not (like it or not) the only person the moderators of this forum have to answer to is the admin. They could lock this thread, delete it, ban you, and you don't have a say at all.

Just...drop it. It's useless, stupid, a waste of time.

posted by  67Coronet383

like a tobacco bong:thumbs:

posted by  nighthawk

If anybody thinks I'm not in my late 40's... I'm not sure what hookas are, unless it's a chick on the corner selling her body.:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Nah it's not really popular in the US or European countries. In Iran it's popular.

http://hookah.ic.cz/indexhook.jpg

Basically you use coal and tobacco and put water in the jug and you just smoke through the tube. Don't inhale it, just hold it in your mouth and exhale slowly.

I've seen some hooka bars but very, very few.

posted by  Bronxie

Looks like a fancy bong to me.

posted by  thefonz

It basically is! :laughing:

posted by  99integra

What he said :clap:

posted by  Bronxie

they are kinda funny lookin' especialy with how that mouthpiece on that one is shaped... buuutt, that a compleatly different topic now isnt it??:thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

What are you implying lol

posted by  Bronxie

ooohhh absolutly nothing :rolleyes::hi:

posted by  starscream0

Some interesting points have been made here, some more so than others, I'll quote the important ones individually!

As Coronet says, it really doesn't take a genius!

Yes, you have every right to voice your opinion, however, let me make it quite clear that regardless of the board description, threads like Zalight's would be deemed as useless. Ok, the OT section might appear to say that any useless rubbish can be posted there, but it can't, and at a guess the reason why that's not in the board description is because UFF thought that most members would be able to use a bit of common sense aswell as posess the ability to read/type :thumbs:

That's true, however, sometimes receiving a few more opinions on a subject helps matters, believe me, if it got too out of hand I'd have closed this one too!

Finally guys, we do actually have a set of guidelines of our own (as Mods) in place, to refer to if we so desire, but I for one have never needed to refer to them...just so you know, we're not completelly alone, lol

posted by  Cliffy

:thumbs:

posted by  thefonz

What kind of a response was that? I got all excited when I saw this thread had another reply, lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

i'm drunk! you're all my bitches!!! now make me some sammiches!!!!!

*standing here, tapping foot, waiting for thread to be closed*

:laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Are there overlying rules to these forums that apply to all boards? If so, you would have to apply those rules to ALL boards (obviously), and to think that one board is an exception is to think that it is somehow exempted from the rules, and that's probably not the case unless stated otherwise.

It's like if there is a car in a parking spot in Manhattan, and there is a sign saying, "PARKING 10AM - 8PM" and it is the last spot, and you take your big h1 alpha and park on top of the car in your spot and claim you were within the law to do so based on the sign.

Maybe that was a bad example but when I pictured it in my head it was a funny vision :mrgreen:

posted by  Bronxie

Like a kid on christmas morning?:laughing:

posted by  67Coronet383

or maybe like that kid when he saw he got a Nintendo 64 for christmas?:laughing:

posted by  starscream0

Your Message