Happy Birthday, True_Brit!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Happy Birthday, True_Brit!

Many happies to you matey, hope ya have a great day and receive loads of £5 M&S gift vouchers from Aunts you never see! (I used to...I assumed it was a tight Brit Aunt thing to do...especially sinse M&S only sell stuff like food for a fiver, lol).

Have a pint on me, if ya go to the Queens legs in Plymouth and wait for them to open, they'll stick it on my tag! *wonders if anbody gets that*

On a serious note, thanx for being a loyal CFer and keep up the useless....I mean....UseFULL posts!

posted by  Cliffy

thanks alot! BIG 19, dont feel any different though, but the year went quick, i was legally allowed to drink a little while ago lol:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

What and you're not anymore? lol...jk

posted by  Cliffy

you know what i mean, i have a big bottle of wkd in the fridge, calling my name!!! not my favourite drink, id prefer corona!!!

posted by  True_Brit

stop having birthdays people!

happy b day brit.:thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Hey now you better remember mine.

posted by  67Coronet383

Happy birthday Brit

posted by  Spanky2324

HAPPY BDAY JAMIE! ENJOY UR DAY:thumbs:

posted by  an_talpur

when is it???

ps, thanks everyone

posted by  True_Brit

Happy B-Day!

But man, Corona? Colored water from Mexico?

:laughing:

posted by  ChrisV

Hey hey that colored water is good with a lime

posted by  Spanky2324

very true! i dont like many others, ive tried a fair few but i do also like bud!

posted by  True_Brit

If your beer needs fruit added to taste good, then you might want to try another beer.. ;)

posted by  ChrisV

I wonder if Bud export is different than eth Bud varieties we get here. Not of fan of Bud here. Well, if you like Bud, you might want to try Stella Artois. I hear it's "the Belgian Bud." Just try it in cans or on tap, as the green glass bottles can make it a bit skunky (like Heiniken can get in bottles. Green bottles are bad for beer). On draft, it's a nice lager.

posted by  ChrisV

nah, dont like stella, like the adverts though!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzfLNoVuHs4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZfARPuLM0

posted by  True_Brit

I'm with T_B as far as Stella goes, I hate the stuff, to be honest I don't like French/Belgian beer full stop. Stella has the nic name of "wife beaters beer" over here....I guess it's due to the strength or something.....far too...bitter for me, lol. I'm a fan of Bud myself (It's the only beer I've bought recently and i've really taken to it!), only problem is it's price tag over here! IMO Bud tastes more like Foster's, another of my favourites, of which I thought there was no comparison untill couple of years ago!

Hope ya day was good, Jamie! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

it was great! went for a indian! had a pint of cobra with it ( :umh: ) and went go kart racing! i won (obviously lol)
and all the time ive been watching tv today, adverts are all about alcohol, maybe theres a message in the theory? (ive been chuckling at them aswell, like the strongbow ads)

posted by  True_Brit

I thought you meant all the ads were warning about alcohol at first there...I thought you't become an alcoholic over night, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Happy Birthday!!!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

http://www.ephinx.com/tvadverts/static/forum/image400.jpg (http://www.ephinx.com/tvadverts/400/strongbow-sirrus-cutie-poochie-advert. html)

link wont work, damn anyway, it was one of the tv ads i saw today!

posted by  True_Brit

Happy birthday true brit! My favorite person on these forums!

posted by  Bronxie

Wow. over here, Bud is the common beer, the beer of NASCAR fans and trailer trash... a macro brew that has very little flavor. From what I've tasted, Stella and Bud are about equal if Stella is in the green bottle. On tap, Stella is worlds better, and I've never found it bitter (and I HATE bitter beers. I swon't drink darker ales for that reason). Bud is technically a belgian style ale, though...

But Foster's is a good choice. Lately I've been finding Heineken in the keg cans. Normally in the green bottles it's skunky, but in the keg cans it has a completely different flavor. Very crisp and not bitter.

posted by  ChrisV

I don't know if you have ever been or will go to France, but when I was there their beer was amazing. It was really refreshing and didn't make me cringe. Their national beer is called 1664. I encourage any beer-drinkers to try it.

And before some jerk makes a comment about my age, the drinking age in France is 18 and I just so happen to be 18.

posted by  Bronxie

happy belated birthday true brit:thumbs:

posted by  nighthawk

That's very strange, Stella tastes nothing like Bud over here, yes it's in a green bottle, but obviously cans are availbale too lol.....although in my opinion beer tastes much much better out of either a bottle or on tap, I'm sure you'll agree. Whilst on holiday I had Carlsberg extra cold on tap, as the bar had nothing else that I liked, I'm not even keen on that, but it tasted quite nice. I don't recal Stella tasting any better on tap although i'm sure it's alot different!

It must be good going to a different country and being able to drink legally, where you would normally be too young in your home country, luckilly I've been able to drink sinse 18yrs old as I'm in sunny UK. By 1664 I'm assuming you mean Kronenbourg 1664? I don't actually remember ever trying it.....I think Stella dampened my views on all European beer, lol.....Carlsberg being the only one I have time for....albeit not alot!....I'll confess too that when I was young(ger) and imature I thought Budweiser was German, lo

posted by  Cliffy

Is it Bud that ran those ads with the catchphrase "Wassup" (what's up??)?. I liked those ads when I viewed them on the funniest world videos show.

Cliffy I think Fosters should be donated to the Poms as a gift from the colonies. It's sister beer "Victoria Bitter" (VB) is probably far more popular in Oz: http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/docs/VB_radio_GreatestThemeMusic.mp3

http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/victoria_bitter.htm

posted by  Wally

ive seen that VB before! never tried it!!!
also, shame the fosters we get is brewed over here!!!
i do like a carling too!

this is one old ad
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=24268&type=coolad&startrow=51

posted by  True_Brit

I heard that Foster's isn't that popular over there....shame really. I've never tried VB either...

posted by  Cliffy

budweiser is very weak beer :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Ah yes, that's it. See they had one fountain that said kronenbourg and the next one said 1664 so I was confused lol.

And just for the record, I also drank in Iran. Never seen a country can their liquor before but drinking vodka and whiskey out of a can was strange.

Needless to say, the liquor in Iran sucks. It's all illegal there so you have to get it on the blackmarket. Stupid Islamic Government.

And about budweiser, they compromise on quality for the sake of keeping expenses down. That's the case with a lot of american beers, that's why they all taste like crap.

posted by  Bronxie

Yuc...I hate spirits out of bottles, let alone cans, lol...I saw a new energy drink in beer cans recently, that looks wierd enough!

As for Bud...or any US beer I guess, I like it.....*points everybody in direction of his new bozze thread*

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message