I got fired

Home  \  Off Topic  \  I got fired

I guess I'll do some venting even though im not really angry. Well I work at a movie theatre and about a few months back my manager started to pick on me. I got into pleanty of agruments with him and he kept writing me up for stupid things. I filed for a harrassment claim agains him and the company did an investigation on "everything" and so a month and a week go by of investigating and they call me in today at the end of my shift and they have a talk with me. They said during the investigation they found out that I was doing things that wasn't appropriate for the company and decided to fire me instead of doing anything to the manager that was harrassing me.....good thing justice prevailed. Their loss I suppose, I'm not trying to brag but I was tied for best worker there if not the best. so yea thats my story kinda lame but oh well.

posted by  salimander13

damn man that sucks :(

can't go to the labour board or anything like that for an unjustified dismissal?

posted by  dodgerforlife

You know what I realized when I got fired from the liquor store, it's for the better. If indeed you are as hard working and a good worker as you claim to be, you'll find a better job in notime.

posted by  elchango36

Yeah people shit on the grunts that do the work. One of my managers sits and plays Mario Kart 64 while he is on the clock, as well as flirt w/ females..... dont know how this stuff ever gets unnoticed but it does.

posted by  Voda48

the same manager I filed the claim about came to work with a hangover and slept in the office for 4 hours, he's also stole money from registers they just have no proof on video that they found. I don't think I'll miss the job, but I'll miss all the friends that I made.

I guess it wasn't an unjustified dismissal because I did do the acts more correctly "act" but it was 7 months ago so I don't know why they would fire me for it now. I guess they were looking for a reason to fire me since im the only person to ever challenge his job since everyone else who works their is afraid or intimidated by him. haha damn me and my big mouth, I'd even tell the president of the U.S. off if he said some stupid shit to me.

posted by  salimander13

A lot of life is just ass-kissing. If I came across someone like that, in a job like that, I'd just quit. You won't be able to win. They aren't gonna compromise their company's reputation for the sake of a single employee...

posted by  Bronxie

Sorry about your job. If you arent very angry, it must not have been too good a job. You'll find a better one. Chin up. :thumbs:

posted by  SyntheticTrust

That's appauling. I'm assuming the Cinema was a large chain of them? If so, they should know better, I'd appeal myself, not really because of the job, but because it would make you feel better! I'm sure hobo would know about the ins and outs of this sort of thing, given how he's an employer himself. I once got sacked from a similar job, the reason, as with yours, seemed like small fry compared to what the other staff were up to! But as with your scenario, you have to prove it!

posted by  Cliffy

You should try to embarass the company and make a huge deal out of it, see if you can land yourself a settlement cheque :thumbs:

posted by  Mathew

Its a sign for you to move on to bigger, and better things in life. You were overqualified for the job

posted by  newyorker

Wrestling a hog will result in both of you getting dirty, the difference is that the hog likes it.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

well bigger and better things arn't really around the corner. School takes up a big sum of my time so I still can only work a low paying job. I talked to my friends sister and I might land a job pretty soon. Its 25 cent pay cut, but working enough hours and its a big significance. I think I'll drop the whole thing. My friends and I were joking around like I should just walk to the mall from the parking lot when he leaves just to scare the shit out of him. Other people talked about f'ing his car up, he can thinks its me but then again everyone who works there basically hates him and has already messed with his car enough so he parks on the other side of the theatre so they can't find it.

as for the hog, well I like getting dirty. You have more fun when you don't have to worry about little things like staying clean.

posted by  salimander13

Hmm... let me think about this one carefully. Firing and re-interviewing to replace a manager or replacing the $6/hr gopher with whom he's having issues... hmm, that's a tough one! I don't think they did an investigation at all. They simply huddled up and tried to figure out how much of a risk it'd be to get rid of you amid the allegations you made. Apparently, they decided it wasn't too much of a risk. If you truly want to make them pay, find some sleazy lawyer who has too much time on his hands and have him tell you his opinion about whether your rights were violated. If there's enough possible money in it, he may sue their asses without any up front fees and you could stand to make a buck or two :laughing:

It's funny, I have a friend that says you have to be conscientious about entering your time the way HR wants you to, don't piss off anyone at all, ever, etc. But the way I figure it, if HR has decided they want to get rid of you for any reason, they'll find some BS excuse to do so. The way I figure it, I don't want to work in an establishment in which I'm not wanted, anyway. I derive a great deal of my job satisfaction by going into work everyday and being comfortable in the work I do and in my surroundings. Unless my priorities were to change drastically, if that daily comfort level were to take a nose dive I am OUT the door!

posted by  JaneiR36

I agree that they didn't do an investigation really. I know that they did more of an investigation on me to find something that I did wrong and not him. I don't agree that you should walk out the door because your comfort level isn't where you want it to be. You have to understand when I was working and going to school I only had about 10 hours of free time minus the time it takes me to do my hw and a nap just to keep functioning the next day in a sufficient manner. So some of us have the time and money to just quit and try to find a new job and some of us don't. Well unfortunatly now I have to much time to do everything.

posted by  salimander13

Yeah...., I'm just not buying it. If your job meant as much to you as you say it did, you would have kissed all the ass you had to in order to keep it! Can't have your cake and eat it too, Mister, so I hope you enjoyed telling off your big, bad boss!

posted by  JaneiR36

Hmm...

Sounds to me like someone who couldn't afford to or wouldn't have the cajones to walk out in a million years. Online forum bravado? You decide. :doh:

How do you feel about posting in a forum "in which you're not wanted"?

posted by  vwhobo

you can suck all the dick you want, but im not going to kiss someones ass cause they are treating me and other co-workerslike shit. I stood up for myself and for others and the system failed me...big surprise there...I didn't say the job meant everything to me. I said that it took up all my time along with school. My job let me pay my way for myself so I don't have to rely on mommy and daddy, but obviously you don't mind mooching off your parents... when you get your mouth off your boss's cock then come talk to me.

posted by  salimander13

I have never in my life used this term, but if ever I should, this seems like the perfect time.

OWNED! :clap:

posted by  vwhobo

This would almost make sense if it were coming from a different poster. You are truly one deluded bastard :laughing: Hey, how's that injury that just forced you to continue to post on here a few months back coming? Gee, I guess I've got no problem not having the cojones to continuously lie like some attention whores that post on here. :wink2:

Back on topic, salimander13, you lost a job that you apparently cannot afford to replace. And now the problem seems to be that the "system" failed you? I don't get it, in one breath you mention that not everyone (presumably yourself included) could afford to walk away from a job, but isn't that effectively what you did by antagonizing your boss? So, what's the problem, then? You're the one who posted your business, remember? So why is this about my presumed habits, all of a sudden? Not to mention, if this is any clue as to the kind of thing that sets you off, you'll probably wind up similarly when faced with the same situation in the future.

EDIT: Aren't you going to have to mooch off of Mommy and Daddy now that you've been fired and apparently can't get another job? I'm just not sure you thought your actions through before carrying them out. And even if your boss was being an ass, I'm not sure I'm convinced that getting yourself fired was the only way to handle him.

posted by  JaneiR36

If you're going to make insinuations, back them up with supporting evidence, otherwise you are just another lying piece of cybertrash. WTF are you talking about you ignorant bitch? Link it.

posted by  vwhobo

Either ask nice or do your own homework, you stupid, senile bastard :wink2: Or are you just gonna get all fussy and stump your feet in those diapers until you get what you want :laughing: No need challenging me to a pissing contest, buddy, I don't even have a dick! :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Aside from your cheerleading for the person that insulted me, I just realized that your post actually made me think of something I found interesting.

See, on this other forum I read, there's this guy that advocates filing lawsuits (especially against debt collectors with aggressive tactics and collection attorneys) and pretty much sued at the drop of a hat. He said he had about three "active" cases (filed, but not yet resolved) and about two more he was about to file at that very instant. So that just gives you an idea of how many cases he routinely initiates. But then he was asked just how many times he'd actually appeared in court for those types of cases. Guess what the answer was: zero. Apparently they all got resolved out of court.

Just because someone is prepared go to the distance and knows what they'll do if it gets to that point, doesn't mean you have to lose your head and turn a blind eye to any equally favorable, less messy solutions. Maybe it's just the type of person I am, but taking the path of least resistance and attaining maximum results sounds pretty good to me!

Reference: Fatwallet.com Finance forum thread (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=641742)

posted by  JaneiR36

double post.

posted by  JaneiR36

Moron. He knows more about cars than you ever will. In general, I don't get it how idiots like you come to a car-forum and then trash a mechanic with over 30 years of experience. It's like wanting physics help, talking to Einstein about it, and then trashing him.

Some jobs are unreplacable but some things are also more important. You prefer being a b**** and kissing your boss's a** while he prefers being a man despite it giving him a hard time later on. Does that make sense?

In other words, you said some bs, were asked to back it up, obviously couldn't, and instead of admitting you were wrong tried to play it off by saying some more bs. Nope, didn't work, you still look like a moron.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Damn it all makes sense now, seeing as you are a women you are used to sucking dick to get ahead in the business world. I could afford to lose the job, I never said I couldn't. I believe I said and I quote "some of us have the time and money to just quit and try to find a new job and some of us don't." "some" being the key word. I never stated "I" I believe the "system" did fail me because I was doing nothing wrong and getting bitch at about it and it ended with my job being terminated. This isn't even "setting me off." How do you know what emotional state I'm in? ITS THE DAMN INTERNET:doh: so don't jump to conclusions so fast you can get yourself hurt and make yourself look even more like a dumbass. To answer one more of your questions, No, I don't have to mooch off my parents because I saved a couple grand that I have sitting in my room and I also have more in the bank. Being a women you probably don't know what the word save means so I'll help you.

save1  /seɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[seyv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, saved, sav‧ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
-to avoid the spending, consumption, or waste of

posted by  salimander13

I must say, that was one of the most sexist things I've read in awhile..

I'm also not sure why Nissan jumped in, unless of course he thinks Hobo needs help 'defending' himself, in which case we all know Hobo is like a lone ranger and doesn't need other people's help in flaming discussions.

posted by  car_crazy89

I think hes just trying to give extra support to make the argument stronger. I can't wait to read what else janei has to type.

posted by  salimander13

I jumped in to state my opinion in a country famous for it's freedom of speech. You can like it, you can hate it, but either way, I can say it. Now are you going to contribute something useful and on topic or continue to question where I have and don't have the right to contribute?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

That would make sense, except he started off his 'support' by talking about Hobo's car knowledge, which has nothing to do with this thread.

In any case, sorry to hear you lost your job over something like this.. atleast you aren't in desperate need of the money.

posted by  car_crazy89

Nothing against you, but I'm not sure how your original post 'contributed' anything to the thread.. as it didn't show sympathy for his loss and it didn't give him any ideas or suggestions on what to do (not that he asked for any of it, but that would be contributing).

posted by  car_crazy89

Oh, my apologies. Didn't mean to just jump at you like that. I just found what she said as completely ridiculous and chose to comment on it. Her posts were already off-topic so I just responded with my opinion to them.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

No need to apologize, I kind of did the same thing.. I could of worded it better in the first place.

posted by  car_crazy89

And car knowledge is all there is to life and that's what makes a good person. Got it. Thanks for the lesson. Bye-bye, now! :thumbs:

Okaaaaaaay, why don't we step back from the theatrics for just a minute and see if I can isolate some facts. You correct me if / when I'm wrong, okay, buddy?

1) You had this job within walking distance of your home where your boss treated yourself and other employees disrespectfully and unfairly. You used to love this job. He made it a hostile workplace.

2) You apparently cannot replace said job because others are too far away to get to. Ergo you couldn't afford to lose it.

3) You chose to tell him off for being such a bastard, and eventually got fired for it.

Now here are some of the ones that are in dispute, hopefully simply because neither of us has a crystal ball to figure out what the other is thinking:

- The system failed you or the system did not fail you.

- You hate women or you do not hate women.

- You feel bad about having lost said job or you do not give a shit either way.

- I can't tell if you realize that you voluntarily gave up your job or if you truly are surprised that you got fired.

No, I don't know what emotional state you're in (although now that you mention it, I could probably guess! :laughing: ). Why would I ignore the fact that is posted for everyone here to see: wherein rather than use your words to further clarify your situation you chose to employ such vile words in communicating with someone with whom you'd all of exchanged two posts.

If you'll let me further delude myself into thinking this conversation actually progressed intellectually, why don't I propose an alternative method you could have used to handle your boss:

Mean boss mistreats everyone. It gets way out of hand. You decide to methodically gather evidence against him and escalate it to his boss or to the complaint department of the company. You select two trusted fellow employees who you know will keep their mouths shut as to your activities. All three of you write up formal complaints detailing the boss' demeaning and thieving actions. You state your expectations (we want him fired or we'll have our parents sue the corporation for creating a hostile workplace, for example). Kids wear all kinds of fancy devices nowadays. You run some kind of voice recorder while Mr. Mean Bastard is doling out his daily disrespect. You make sure you catch him violating work place regulations. Present all of that to the company. Wait to see what happens.

Either he gets fired for sure, or you and your buddies have just earned the respect of any future employers. You'll be stating to them that you don't take guff from anyone, but at the same time, you're able to use your head to come up with a creative solution that doesn't paint you out to be a trouble-maker. You might have even made some money, too, because with all that evidence, it would be an open and shut case, and the company would pay you to keep quiet for sure.

If I were a future prospective employer of yours, "the boss treated me badly" is NOT gonna cut it! I'd be looking to see how you handled that situation and what I've read so far would not impress me. (I would advice you to simply leave out the details of what happened from any future job interviews, by the way).

This is not to say you've committed career suicide because you lost your job at the corner shop and glop. We all make mistakes! More yet, you're a kid, and everyone knows you're still learning! At this point, it's simply your choice: either be hard-headed and keep thinking you did the "right thing," or walk away and learn the lesson that there's more than one way to skin a cat, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and all that and all that. Good luck. :thumbs:

posted by  JaneiR36

No, not all there is to life. But you are on a CAR forum. Hmm, now, what are car forums mostly about?

I won't relate to the rest of your post 'cause it's too long and I have better things to do than read it.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

All other posts aside, I am in 110% agreeance with you here. That would be a more viable method, but then you would have to give leeway at least for the sake that he was being harassed and he followed up on his subsequent feelings.

That would be negated, though, because you can't even say that is an isolated incident, because like you said, it's almost no different than what happened here; You come here making inflammatory, snotty accusations and suggestions, and he gets pissed and kind of tells you off.

This is in no way at all trying to suggest that he is necessarily in the wrong. He may be in the wrong for himself, but in regards to what actually unfolded, and after reading all your crap about being a "good person", you are clearly out of line here.

So if you need a simple analogy, Janeir36 = boss, salimander = salimander. Different environment, different antagonists, same situation in all aspects.

You came to the thread insulting him, second-guessing him, accusing him, and you incited a negative response. Good job, looks like you're hardly lower than his previous boss.

For salimander I'd say just keep your feelings under control, even if people may be entirely out of line.

For janeir36 I'd say you're an adult already and you still act like this, so you're pretty much a lost cause, but in the future, if you want to negotiate like this, make sure you hear the person out, ask questions, get all your info. and THEN pick them apart. That's why I am going to be a corporate lawyer.

posted by  Bronxie

Bronxie, I agree with you, too. I made a choice to NOT baby him and have no problem whatsoever with the outcome. Mr. Future Corporate Lawyer, if you don't realize that some people have to respectfully get their feelings hurt in order to see the truth, maybe you'll be better suited to being a mediator. But if I had to guess, I'd say you're also young and will learn this first-hand very shortly. :thumbs: A lot of people go off on their lawyers, fire them, hire other ones, repeat the cycle just because they're being told things they don't want to hear. If you think being a sweet faced corporate lawyer is going to fix everybody, you're in for a reality check.

Other than that, I'm obviously dyslexic. I'd written a longer post but since this isn't really about you, I'm basically no longer interested in having the conversation take that turn. Have a nice day. :wink2:

posted by  JaneiR36

argh! double post. I thougt there used to be an option for deleting posts?

posted by  JaneiR36

Oh, so you chose to hurt his feelings and be presumptuous when you didn't even KNOW the extent of the story. Don't say you did, cause we all saw more of it come out as the thread progressed. So whatever it was you thought you were teaching him or showing him was obviously baseless and pointless, because you didn't even know all the facts. Nice tactic there. That's why you'd never make a good lawyer, because when you put someone on the defensive before you have all the knowledge, they will in turn put YOU on the defensive, and then you don't have the necessary knowledge to make a legitimate counter-response. That's exactly what happened, right?

And being honest and being a bitch are completely different. That's something you will learn in life (not, you're too old to learn anything else in life), that if you actually care to have results over just having an argument, you'll present "truth" to someone in a different manner. Otherwise you'll just be taken as seriously as a clown, which is precisely what we've seen here, I think.

I was talking in regards to negotiating, not whatever it is you're talking about. Way to go off on something almost entirely irrelevant. That's a good sign of someone who is losing control of their argument, when they go off-topic to try to make themselves look right even though their argument holds no relevance.

You haven't even argued any of my points, besides the misinterpretation that I was suggesting to be nice and consoling to him, when I merely meant you were antagonizing him, and comparing that to what his boss allegedly did.

Lastly, this is a public post, and if you want to keep it private and keep me out of it because it's "not about" me, then I suggest you take it to PM, that, or don't reply ;) And just for the record, it's not about you either, Ms. Attention-whore.

posted by  Bronxie

Tell me one new bit of info that was revealed about sal's situation as the thread progressed. Just one.

And you still don't get the fact that this isn't about you means that I'm not really interested in your "points." So I guess all that you're taking away from this is that I'm a self-righteous bitch. Hey, thanks for the newsflash! You certainly are one smart cookie! :thumbs: Oh! I almost forgot, I'm also an attention whore who somehow has expressed clearly that she doesn't want your attention. Man, it's enough to make my head spin! :laughing:

One more thing, there's no "negotiation" coming from my end. What are you, nuts?!?! :laughing: Talk about misinterpretation!

posted by  JaneiR36

Man Idk about how many topics about cars go on here. :doh:

posted by  99integra

If you really want one, look at what he said about his free time.

If you don't want my attention, why did you just tell me to tell you something? What an air-head.
And you're not interested in my points because you can't even formulate a legitimate response against them! What a weak-minded person, even if you are a wanna-be self-righteous bitch. What did you do here that was self-righteous? NOTHING.

This is negotiation, and you blow at it, no pun intended.

posted by  Bronxie

No, that's one of the issues that's still in dispute. He starts off saying he doesn't agree about just walking out on a job becuse it's no longer comfortable. Then he says not everyone can do that. Prior to that, he'd said he really liked working there and made quite a few friends. He said UNFORTUNATELY he now has all the free time in the world. Meaning now that the has no job, he now has more free time. That's not NEW information. That's a lack of clarity on how he truly feels about losing his job. That's not my problem, neither is it my responsibility to give concise and consistent information about an issue he chose to post.

Is it? What do I want from you, Bronxie? What have I expressed I will give you in return? Note that you also came on here before I had chatted with you speaking of negotiation. What did I want from sal, then? What had I promised to give him in return? Tell me about the parties involved in the negotiation. Who has the upper hand? Who's desperate to get what from whom? Explain it to me, I'm obviously such an "air-head" who obviously is not smart enough to use words they do not understand inappropriately.

Why would there be any kind of pun intended?!?!?!? I'm not a ****ing pedophile, you crazy bastard!!! :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

No moron. It's not about his "feelings" about the job. It's about the fact that he has more free time and didn't have much free-time beforehand. That's indisputable, that's fact. (as far as we know)

Is that necessarily what constitutes a negotiation? A negotiation doesn't necessarily have to be about a transaction, it can be about an agreement also. Clearly, you/we/whomever wouldn't be arguing if we weren't trying to find some agreement.

Guilty conscience? I said there was no pun intended, and you got so insecure about yourself that you had to try to justify why a pun wasn't intended. :wink2: :wink2:

No one said it was about anyone under legal age either. Guiltier conscience? Next time it'd be better to stop typing when you're ahead than to incriminate yourself by yapping so much. Another reason you'll never make for a lawyer.

posted by  Bronxie

And we don't know, do we? So if someone were to get disabled and now "unfortunately" has more time on his hands, just what does that "fact" tell us? Was he planning retirement, anyway, and now he has a big, fat check to boot? Does he derive a lot of joy from working, and would rather be working 70 hours a week than sitting in front of the TV watching his muscles dissolve and get inactive before his very eyes? You're missing one key component: personal value. Only you can know for yourself what you value; fact alone will not at face value tell me that much about what you value!

Well, you're wrong. I would characterize this more as a discussion, a conversation, or more appropriately, an argument. I would say we do not have enough common grounds or common interest to call this a negotiation. You wouldn't insult me repeatedly if your goal was to reach an "agreement." So get a clue, and if you already have one, stop lying already :thumbs:

Joke. Take the stick outa yer ass and lighten up. :wink2:

Let me guess, this is obviously something I value. Just like saying "you'll never be ****ed by a dog." Jebus, Ring the alarm and save me before I jump off a cliff already! Whatever will I do!! :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

ok, lets see how well we did on the quiz that I gave...

1) 1) 1/2 credit, The job was about 15 minutes away with streetlights. Secondly I never said I loved the job never said I liked it, I only said that I liked the friends I made there.

2) wrong, I could afford to lose it, the jobs I've applied to already are farther than the previous one so that rules this little theory out.

3) wrong, I like this one its funny and makes me laugh. I actually never told him off, I never yelled at him, I never tried to engage in conversation with him. Basically he came up to me and gave me his bullshit, being the smartass that I am I always had a sarcastic remark and that pissed him off because it was never out of bounds for getting in trouble. I'll give you examples if you want them.

well .5 out of 3 isn't bad its still an F though.

I don't hate women I just hate dumbass's and well since I don't hate women.....well im sure you can figure this out without wasting to much time on what I'm trying to say.

Once again I don't care I lost my job, I just can't see my work friends that much anymore.

I'm not surprised that I got fired, I told one of my friends that I was probably going to get fired when I made the claim, but hey it was worth a shot. I guess I did give up because well its not my problem anymore its theirs so let them deal with it.

posted by  salimander13

to settle the time work thing or w/e between you and broxie. Broxie is correct. We have this thing called boredom and as you know now that I have alot of time boredom sets in at higher doses now. I like to work I like to stay busy so its UNFORTUNATE that I have so much time now. Don't tell me to go out and so something in my house to stay busy since I like it so much because I do, but its hard to do something all the time that can kill a day away with the supplies I have to work with.

posted by  salimander13

Then why did you say "bigger and better isn't really around the corner"?

Sarcastic remarks, getting into "plenty of arguments" with him, but hey, you never told your boss off.

Oh, I got it. That must explain why you said, "and since you're a woman you musn't know how to save" or "you know all about cocksucking to get ahead because you're a woman." Just like Bronxie, you either have no clue, or you're a liar. Take your pick, woman-hater.

Mm-hmm.

Wait, wait, I hear an echo: "I'm just not sure you thought your actions through before carrying them out." You could have come up with a solution that solved all the issues you were experiencing, including possibly even negotiating shorter hours! You were faced with a situation and I'm not impressed wit the way you handled it. No, you don't give a shit what I think. Yes, it's my :2cents: , I'm posting it anyway, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it! :mrgreen:

posted by  JaneiR36

Excuse me for not knowing what in bloody hell you're talking about, but that is completely besides the point. You're speculating on his feelings now, his personal thoughts, which is not what I was mentioning. OBJECTIVELY, I pointed out what he said about his free time he has now because he doesn't have a job. You asked what we learned as the thread progressed, and that was your answer.

I would have to argue that you're negotiating your beliefs versus my beliefs. Our common interest is the difference in beliefs regarding a certain situation.

I didn't insult you repeatedly, I insulted you once, and you insulted me once.

It's a joke when you realized you inadvertently admitted you're a pedophile and a whore?

Huh? Who was the one making the remarks about the other not being suitable for a lawyer's job? Oh .. that was you. Funny how you pretend not to care, after you come to the realization that you're a joke.

I'm gonna be leaving for the day, (well, till sometime tonight anyways). Was pleasant arguing with you, and I don't mean that sarcastically.

Have a good one!

posted by  Bronxie

How can you disagree with something you don't understand?!?! :laughing:

How does that bear on the judgement I passed? Where was the additional information that would have altered the statements I made initially?

Our common interest is a difference. We are insulting each other but yet we are "negotiating." Got it!

I can see the added value you are providing to this thread just washing over me!!! :laughing:

You expressed an interest in becoming a lawyer. I am currently employed in another profession and would only give it up to become an enterpreneur. I can make relevant comments on your becoming a lawyer. You can do the same, only if your goal is to be a moron who doesn't understand the meaning of the word "relevant." Actually, that explains a lot! :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

its really hard fighting it an idiot because they can never fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

I said that because I still don't have the time to make the money of something that I would call "bigger and better"

when did I say getting into plenty of aruments with him I can't find it, but I do overlook some things so who knows. getting into an argument and giving a sarcastic one liner are actually different things so I wouldn't really call it telling off my boss. And if I did tell off my boss he would have fired me then and there so get a clue dumbass I never did it.

I'm not a women hater those were jokes to the guys because we all know that women like to spend. You were defending on how to kiss ass and well lots of women move up by having sex with their boss's how do you think my boss got his job. His aunt slept with the owner of the company and boom hes in.

I was the superviser working 5 days a week going to school for 3 long days. If you ever when to college you would know that its not cheap. I handled the hours and I handled school I already explained what I did with my free time so I'm not getting into that. I didn't need to cut the hours.

Your just like my boss, you can't face the facts that some one else out there is smarter than you and you are wrong. What really gets to you is that someone is me.

posted by  salimander13

Because you're making references to someone else in an attempt to insult them. My point is, you're going completely off topic, most likely because your arguments suck and you're a weak-minded individual ;)

You never said that. You asked what we learned as the thread progressed. Word your questions more carefully.

To have a difference of opinion on something means you have one thing in common; AN OPINION ON IT. That's the common ground that eluded your rusty brain. Wow you're kind of stupid :-\

You said it about yourself, not me.

Wait, you're preaching to me about relevance? What was that whole paragraph you babbled about some guy working 70 hours a week? I guess that was relevant. Double-standards, huh?

posted by  Bronxie

Let's take a moment to see who the idiot truly is, shall we?

Around the corner as in time, not location. Got it. YEAH, I had to figure that one out for myself. Sufficient use of an expanded vocabulary tends to shorten that process, but hey, I'm the idiot! Secondly, bigger and better doesn't have to mean working a $4/hr job for 100 more hours per week. It could mean finding a $40/hr job for 10 hours a week...

Your first post, sal, your first post. **shakes head**

Doesn't change the fact that that's probably all you know about women. Not to mention, if you weren't a woman hater, you'd never say the things you did. Either fix yourself, or resign yourself to the role you've chosen. Totally up to you.

But hey, you could afford to lose the job altogether...

Oh, No, no, I'm the idiot. I totally can't see any facts (not even the ones I saw well before I started posting and you tried to confuse out of me! :laughing: )

posted by  JaneiR36

Why? I didn't and still don't expect you to be a total idiot! You said I jumped in, made assumptions and then made my statements. You said I shouldn't try to do a double take on that because we learned more facts as time went on. Said facts would presumably (only if you're sane and intelligent, of course) have affected what I said to begin with. No, I don't have to word my questions more carefully. You were the one that came with that accusation. If you can't keep track of your own logic, that's your problem, not mine.

I have admitted that several times! I don't get your logic at all, so that must make me stupid!! HELLO?!?!? :laughing: Let me try one more, and maybe you'll see why you're wrong. The US says, we do NOT negotiate with terrorists. They are vile, they are murderous, they are mean, and filthy. The terrorists also have an opinion on the US. Both parties have opionions on the evil acts they feel one another have committed. Both parties regularly share these opinions publicly. Tell me, does that mean they are negotiating?

Negotiating is saying, give me this, and I'll give you that. Both parties are clearly identified. Both rewards are clearly identified. Outside of that, find another word to describe what the hell you're talking about.

Here, I'll help you out in making the connection from the analogy to sal's situation (but hey, I'm the stupid one!) sal quits his job and says, unfortunately, he has all the time in the world now. You say that's fact, I say what the hell does this "fact" tell us? Is sal actually a little sad about his newly found free time, or was he in fact out there looking for an excuse to have more time to do things he valued? Until he clarified that, we didn't know how much value the free time was to him. We didn't know if he considered the free time to be a good thing, or not.

My assumption, which turned out to be right, was that he did NOT consider the excessive free time to be a good thing. Whether or not he'd like to believe it, sal came on here and confirmed that. Therefore, it would NOT have changed the opinions I shared to begin with, which, unfortunately, you did not realize was the reason I was asking you for what new "facts" and light bulbs we'd seen since my involvement in this thread.

It's not really that complicated, but apparently I had to explain it, so, there :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

I answered the question you posed. We learned more as the thread went on, which means YOU made your initial post before even knowing everything, and apparently it is extremely relevant, considering that's what half of your argument is about.

Actually, you didn't admit it. You said we have no common grounds for this to even be considered a negotiation. Can't keep track of yourself, ma'am.

Hey? Guess what? You are still going on about that, and I have yet to say ONE WORD regarding that. I didn't say anything in regards to my or your intepretation of his feelings, or pass judgement on the situation, or try to figure out what he's saying.

It's amusing. You just keep going on about this one thing that I haven't even said anything about. Are you that dumb? I gave an objective declaration, and you are spewing out some bull shit that is entirely subjective and isn't even related to our discussion.

Wow..and you have the nerve to suggest I am stupid. lolllll

posted by  Bronxie

I'm not looking for a career job right now so I don't need to drive the hour and a half to make 25 bucks an hour. I made that choice and if I want to the offer is there.

I already told you I overlook things and it was possibly there, but I don't really remember things that arn't important.

I'm not a women hater, your probably just one of those madd women or a dyke just mad at the world who tries to fix everything because you were a short fat bitch who hates life. (don't worry this last part is a sarcastic remark so don't get your panties in a wod)

for now I can afford it, I already explained this....come on now

haha you win you got me with that last one, im not going to talk you out of it.

posted by  salimander13

Lollll

posted by  Bronxie

Did his mother breastfeed him as a kid? What the **** does that have to do with anything? You didn't provide me with any relevant information that was learned after I started posting.

***I would like to quickly apologize here. I editted my post a few times after you and sal had replied without realizing that you had.***

One second, what is "it" that is extremely relevant? My assumption was that sal didn't like his additional free time caused by losing his job and that hasn't changed.

No, I admitted that I'm "stupid." Stupid when it comes to your logic, that is. Read my editted post for a response to the rest of that quoted portion.

Uh... you did when you asked me why it was relevant? :doh: Hey, did you get tired of chasing your own tail yet? :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Yes I did. Read what I said, genius.

***I would like to quickly apologize here. I editted my post a few times after you and sal had replied without realizing that you had.***

I don't know, whatever you keep rambling about. Him liking this, him not liking that, him being able to afford to lose his job, basically, things that I made no mention of that you keep mentioning.

This bit isn't really worth either of our time.

If I asked about the relevance, then I am not talking about that, I'm talking about the relevance of that. It's funny when you try to be a smart ass and end up looking like a dumb ass :hi: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  Bronxie

Which is why a more favorable solution to your initial situation would have been a better idea. Big, fat, DUH! :wink2: Try to recall something I said about "thinking ahead."

Whatever you say, woman-hater! :laughing: The only types of women you know are the ones that suck dick to get ahead, and the ones that use their intellect to get ahead. You hate the latter. Ergo woman-hater all around! Hey, I can make you a crown if you want!

posted by  JaneiR36

Yeeeeaaahhh... I did. You said to word my questions more carefully. You totally bungled the question because you didn't even realize what I was asking!

You mentioned that I didn't have all the facts before I started posting and that that was essentially stupid. I asked for ONE new fact (obviously one that would have affected my initial comments -- again, presuming you've got the intelligence of a peanut to understand that). His "free time" was the one golden point you could come up with and I ripped it to shreds. Now you're doing a double-take and backing away from that?

Please refer me to your English language teacher so that I may give them a swift knock across the head! :doh:

posted by  JaneiR36

Already been through this with you.....

don't worry tubbo someone out there has to love you....name calling is funny haha tubbo

posted by  salimander13

Why don't we try saying that again in English? :laughing:

Oh, and I guess "bigger and better" was really not around the corner in both time and location? :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

I don't understand.....It was short simple and gave enough information that was possibly needed so maybe your seeing something I'm not.

posted by  salimander13

Yeah, keep telling yourself that, woman-hater :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

I still don't see it, and it also makes me laugh because you think calling me a woman hater bugs me. So are you finally done with your acusations and theorys or should I expect more?

posted by  salimander13

It wasn't meant to bug you! It's a fact, which when stated over and over again makes me feel good, woman-hater!

No, I don't have any more opinions on how you handled your situation right this moment, but if I do later on, I'll be sure and let you know! Hey, for all I know, you could turn around and find that $40/hr job right down the street tomorrow. I would wish you good luck, but at this moment I'd rather you drove off a cliff without wearing a seat belt! See ya! :laughing:

Hey, did you ever hear that joke about winning an Internet argument? It says winning one is like winning the special olympics, but at the end of the day, you're still a retard :laughing: It's pretty lame but it seems rather appropriate now (it applies to both of us, mind you!)

posted by  JaneiR36

Um, no, I answered your question, genius. Speaking of intelligence...

You ripped it to shreds? What the ****? How? I said that's something new we learned, and then you begin going on about entirely off-topic crap that has nothing to do with...anything. Like I said, for the last time, I made an objective statement, and you're making subjective interpretations of it, as if it has anything to do with what we're supposed to be discussing. That's called "lack of mental capacity", that or lack of ability to comprehend english. Then again, the two probably go hand in hand with you.

What a moron... I said that I said nothing at all in response to your useless, pointless babbling about him liking his new job, being able to afford to lose it, etc., and then you try to make a smart-ass comment by saying that I did respond to it when I asked what its relevance was, and I made a counter-smart-ass comment by saying that if I am talking about its
relevance, then I am not talking about it necessarily, but rather the relevance of it. I'm sorry that you can't understand that. Just know you're not alone. Many people are born with mild retardation just like yourself.

We've caused this thread to go so far off topic, I am finished posting here. You're welcome to pm me for further discussion.

posted by  Bronxie

Bronxie, you're an idiot. I've been patient with you, but I think I've had enough of conversation to draw a conclusion about you. This wasn't about you to begin with, and you've had all kinds of trouble keeping track of a basic conversation. Get this: your "answer" was stupid, got promptly rejected, and you're too much of a retard to go back to the drawing board.

One last chance, if you had to sum up the point of your involvement in this thread, what would it be? What did you intend to accomplish before you started posting, and would you say that you have? You keep saying I'm stupid, while proving over and over again that you are. Hey, here's a clue: quit wasting oxygen and skin and jump off a cliff already!

***mutters under breath*** A negotiation is an argument... if that ain't the stupidest thing I've read in the last couple of days... and that's difficult, 'cos I've read a lot of stupid! :laughing:

PS: You may have gone off the topic but I managed to finish up my conversation with sal. Next time you want attention from a female, go get a girlfriend or finish up your breastfeeding session with Mommy, okay? Would save us a loooooooot of trouble! :mrgreen:

posted by  JaneiR36

Here's an analogy to what you are doing, Mr. Idiot-Corporate-Lawyer-to-be-probably-won't-get-accepted-into-law-school-if -he-doesn't-change-his-thinking:

You're prosecuting a murder case. You're asked for one "fact" that proves this guy is the killer. You say a hundred incredibly reliable witnesses saw him standing over the body. Two days later, video evidence comes out that this man was in fact, standing over the body. Only he was doing CPR but since he got there too late, the victim died, anyway. You, Mr. Retard Lawyer keep stating over and over again that the defendant was standing over the body. Judge tries to tell you, we get it, but it's worthless, it's irrelevant, and it tells us nothing about who killed this man. You on the other hand keep standing by your "indisputable, objective fact." Can you see how much of an idiot you're being now? No?

Here's one more thing for you: Think about the meaning, and the usefulness of the following words: Analogy. Relevance. Conjecture.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

posted by  JaneiR36

So to sum up this post, you are so frustrated with me cause you can't hold an argument, that you completely and entirely resorted to insults with no back-up or support, and basically cracked like salimander did.

Oh ain't that some shit? You pass judgement on him for doing what you JUST did ;)

So I guess it's safe to say my objective has been taken care of. Now you know not to pass the same judgement on others for mistakes you're just as well capable of. Easy bait. Job well done.

And lastly, before I end this, why the hell would I want attention from a haggy old miserable bitch? That's right. I wouldn't.

posted by  Bronxie

What was your objective again? Can't remember? Never had one?

sal cracked? I thought you were here to support him?

"Resorting" to insults? You're talking about resorting to insults? You came on here insulting me and you think you're in a position to talk about resorting to insults? :laughing:

"Lastly"?!?! How many times have you said you'd leave this thread and wound up coming back? Hey, you don't have to apologize for having an interest in a thread, but when you keep saying you're not interested and keep coming back, you look like a liar.

I've backed up every single one of my points... repeatedly. With analogies, examples, statements of facts, conjecture, confirmation from the horses mouth, etc. You think calling somebody "stupid" means they are. Hey, good luck as a lawyer.

I called you stupid when all was said and done because that was the conclusion, not the beginning, not the premise, not the basis of any of my arguments, just what you'd proven all by yourself.

Have a good day, MORON. You've earned it! :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

PS: I will have to break this down into simple terms because you're obviously struggling.

A square is a rectangle. Are all rectangles squares? Before we waste more time and energy to have you think about this one, the answer is no.

Now to help you create the analogy, an argument is a negotiation, in some sense. Are all negotiations arguments? No.

****mutters under breath**** no wonder this brain-dead self-proclaimed pedophile is so miserable. everything in life is so difficult for her to understand she gets frustrated and throws little fits, even at people she doesn't know :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

posted by  Bronxie

Have you ever had an original thought, Bronxie? Everything you've typed so far has contributed nothing to this thread, and generally tends to copy my style. Hey, they say immitation is the best form of flattery. Not sure I'm interested, though :thumbs:

In simple terms you WON'T be able to understand: THIS is not and never was a negotiation. You're seeing a rectangle that's not a square. And because some rectangles can be squares, you are insisting that this is one in order to save face in the midst of your stupidity :laughing:

Hey, look at that, you made an analogy and I was actually able to keep track. That's what happens when people make analogies to intelligent people: they understand them!

posted by  JaneiR36

Sure I am, but he cracked. So did you. Amusing, after all the criticism you gave him and insulting. You're no different. I'm supporting his right to at least be human and have the right to crack. Get it, dummy? (of course you don't, what a horrible question)

No I didn't insult you. You just took what I said as insults because you're insecure about yourself and can't take criticism, although apparently you love dishing it out to people :thumbs: :clap:

Lastly refers to the post, not necessarily the thread. As for leaving the thread, I did leave the thread, as promised. I came back. I don't stay here all day like you find the time to do..(especially for someone who claims to have a "profession" lolol. I bet you have a profession, ;) self-proclaimed whore.

No. You actually just re-construed my statements your way, and continually regurgitated garbage that YOU fabricated. i.e., "Negotiations are arguments..."

Congratulations? What am I supposed to say? You called someone stupid. I guess you feel smart and cool at the same time? Younger maybe?

Not like you'll be leaving any time soon. You've been on this forum every time I have looked. So how's that profession of yours?

posted by  Bronxie

I really don't mean this offensively, and I am being honest. But do you really not see that I am intentionally copying you to use your own insulting style against you? Did that really elude you? I know we're calling each other stupid back and forth, but I really don't think you're that stupid where you wouldn't be able to see that :\ But apparently I'm wrong...

Sure it is a negotiation. You're negotiating your beliefs versus mine to make me see things your way. Well, that was what it was originally about. Now I don't even know where it's gone. It's not really about anything at the moment :mrgreen:

Do you want another congratulations? What are you trying to suggest, that you deserve some kind of recognition for understanding an analogy that I spelled out for you in plain english? You're either strange or you dwell on those little accomplishments just a tad too much :\

posted by  Bronxie

Yeah, I missed it. Being the most important question, I expected your response to start with "my objective was...", not buried amid your pile of bullshit. But hey, we all have priorities and it's your perogative to be an idiot :laughing:

So, if according to you I just cracked today, what was your objective when you came on the thread yesterday? Wait, I need to word my questions more carefully, right? :laughing:

"moron" "idiot", those tend to be clear cut insults, unless, of course, you have a pea sized brain (which you do) and are deluding yourself into believing they are not! :thumbs:

Then you're an idiot. 'Cos you should have said lastly before I end this POST. Seeing as yesterday you said you were going out immediately and wound up responding to the post twice again. You're either a liar, or have lost your credibility :thumbs:

Labor day. I'm at work alone at my desk. Here for entertainment in between downloads: YOU'RE IT! :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Janei kicks ass :mrgreen: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

If you had your own style was any good, you would have proudly used it for equal flair and entertainment. Thanks for the flattery (just because you don't "get" it doesn't mean that it isn't. We all know just how stupid you are :thumbs: )

Where's it's "gone"? You're having trouble stating your purpose on this thread. I will now tell you, since you're too stupid to know, that our interaction with one another has been to belittle and insult one another. It's about our hate for each other's guts. There's no negotiation going on. You're having trouble explaining any "beliefs" you might have, have no opinion on sal's situation, you're just worthless all around!

In the land of the blind, [even] the one-eyed man rules!

(Okay, okay, I'll make it simplier, you're blind, I have two eyes, YES you're damn straight I want to be congratulated for being better than you!!! :laughing: )

posted by  JaneiR36

Not my fault you're senile and can't read properly honey.

This objective actually came along when I noticed you starting to get kind of aggravated. I decided I could make you crack and make you look like a hypocrite, that which I did :mrgreen: Couldn't have done it without you.

I didn't come here to insult you, though. The insults were mutual as the "discussion", "chat", whatever-the-hell it is, progressed.

If you must know, I was uploading pics and posting them at the same time. (notice my post in the pics thread and the time it was posted) Imageshack was being incredibly slow, and there was a prob. with my filetype, so I continued to respond until it was done, and then I left at about 4-4:30 est.

You mean you need a desk for your type of profession? I thought whoring was a no over-head kind of a job ;)

posted by  Bronxie

ie, you still don't know why you started posting here :laughing:

That's how you started, LIAR.

Don't wanna know. All that matters is you said one thing, did another, LIAR.

HEY! I do all my whoring for free! :wink2: :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

...all this for someone who lost a minumum-wage job and doesn't really care that much.... :screwy: you two have waaaay too much time.... btw, janei. please stop suggesting frivolous lawsuits over min. wage jobs. there is way too much stupid shit like this (http://news.com.com/2061-10802_3-6114370.html) clogging the court system as it is. sal, just remember it, take it as a life lesson, and move on. best of luck.

posted by  dodger65

It's often the principle of the case that counts, not the money you stand to make!

posted by  Cliffy

i understand that, but it still wastes a lot of time and resources for petty reasons... some times you just need to say "f*ck it!"

posted by  dodger65

I was having fun, though :(

posted by  Bronxie

yea me too haha

posted by  salimander13

I disagree....I'd much rather take a company to the cleaners :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message