Steve Irwin

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Steve Irwin

Dead from a stingray barb to the chest

posted by  Wally

damn i just heard about that sucks to hear:ohcrap:

posted by  mx3_monster

Yeah i just heard at uni around 2:30, someone was shouting it around the computer labs and i thought it was a joke until i looked it up on the net. :ohcrap:

R.I.P Steve.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Well he died doin the stuff he loved doin.

posted by  99integra

Wow that's sad. That guy was a character.

posted by  Bronxie

I thought nothin was ever gonna get him :ohcrap:
sucks...

posted by  nighthawk

Crocodile hunter??!?!??! SHEEEEEEEEEEIT, I didn't recognize the name!!! Damnit, how awful!! :ohcrap:

posted by  JaneiR36

Ohh how I'm going to miss him dangling his baby in front of alligators :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I thought it was a joke too until I saw it on AOL news. I liked his shows. :(

posted by  SyntheticTrust

At least he didn't die doing something else. That would have been ironic to escape death from all those animals and then die in a car crash or something.

posted by  Bronxie

I guess the best way to go out is doing what you love best. Most people don't get that luxury.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

How big is he down there?

posted by  jedimario

well, hes regarded as australia's ambassador ( i forgot where i got that but i found a site with his notable quotes,,,http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/09/04/asia/AS_GEN_Australia_Ob it_Crocodile_Hunter_Quotes.php)

rest in peace s.irwin, crocodile hunter, you will be missed the world over

posted by  True_Brit

He was a great man.... R.I.P.

It's a wonder to me how this man does all this stuff with the most venomous snakes in the world but get killed by a stingray. Just goes to show you, safety should always come first.

posted by  torinoman80

He was a wally, but no doubt admired. We Australians aren't really into raucous people, but he was certainly a character and respected by many.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s960998.htm

posted by  Wally

i made a pin that said "RIP steve irwine the croc hunter" to work today... was great

posted by  mazda6man

Hey Wally, I was gonna make a post concerning this and title it with your name....like you do with my name all the time :doh:

I heard about this yesterday and it was quite shocking, I'm suprised how he was killed though......a bit like me getting killed from a cuppa. Atleast he died doing what he loved doing though.

RIP Steve :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I like the way he agitates dangerous animals, but this time he wasn't so lucky. I wasn't a fan of crocodile hunters but I loved the shows he did with deadly snakes.

posted by  fudge

I guess you all already know about Crocodile Hunter Irwin's death...so sad:ohcrap: click here (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/05/irwin.death/index.html) for more information...

regards

posted by  an_talpur

I thought u were gone

posted by  newyorker

wateva:laughing:

posted by  an_talpur

RIP Steve Irwin:confused:

posted by  elchango36

I heard that his family have given their consent for his final moments to be shown on TV. I'm not sure how genuine that is, and not really sure it's the right thing to do, however, I guess it's up to his family at the end of the day!

I 'nicked' the following pic from another site I'm at....thought it was quite nice

http://news.smarthouse.com.au/images/shared/2006090404111215cef_350x280.jpg

By the way, I merged al_talpur's identicle thread with this one, so if it looks a little weird, that's why. I only done it as the other one contained a link that I assume's a news link, otherwise it would have been closed and this one left here :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I don't think he's been lucky all of the time he was doing that, I just think this time he got unlucky.

posted by  Scolson

To Steve Irwin, the environmentalist ...

Ha ha you're dead
the joke is over
you were an as*hole
and now you're gone
when your ship is going down
I'll stand by and watch you drown
ha ha you're dead
ha ha you're dead
ha ha you're dead.

posted by  dogbertthefirst

and he is also an asshole for doing some dumbass thing like trying to grab a stingray and leaving his wife and kids hanging ...

posted by  dogbertthefirst

Your Message