Need your help, does this sound real?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Need your help, does this sound real?

So I'm trying to rent out an apartment that belongs to my parents. I put it on craigslist last night and I got an email from someone claiming to be a student in London. Here's the email

Craigslist warns about fraudulent scams involving overseas transactions and cashiers checks.

Is this guy for real? I would think that an English college student would be well aware that we are many States, not just one. There are also a few more spelling and grammar errors that make this smell kind of fishy. What do you guys think?

posted by  elchango36

I wouldn't want to deal with this guy. Between the fact that someone else (his sponsor) is in charge of payment, and the fact that his English is about as good as the authors of crappy email scams, I wouldn't want the hassle.

posted by  giant016

Yeah its a scam. Anything with cashiers cheque is a scam. He'll want to give you more money than the rent, then ask you to pay him the difference.

I got one too when I was trying to sell my car. I just checked my hotmail archives for it, but could not find it. Total scam!

posted by  Mathew

Alright, Thanks.

posted by  elchango36

and his spelling sucks too!!!

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message