Richard (Hamster) Hammond in Crash!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Richard (Hamster) Hammond in Crash!

I just heard on the radio that Top Gear's Richard Hammond has been seriously injured in a crash in a Jet powered car, he's said to be critical! I sneakilly opened up a building to write this thread.....found it kinda important. All we can say is that our thoughts and well wishes are with him and his family. I'm not sure how this will afeect his career, but his health is the main thing! I've linked ya to the news report.

BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm)

posted by  Cliffy

Ooohh...That's terrible. I hope he gets better. I watched both of his shows (just heard about Brainiac). I'll be keeping an eye on this story. :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

oh jesus! that is terrible! imagine what his family (and co presenters) are going through???
lets just hope he sticks to it and comes out great

posted by  True_Brit

ah shit, I hope this doesnt rape the show:ohcrap:

and obviously I hope he's fine

posted by  nighthawk

Damn, I hope he pulls through this just fine.

posted by  elchango36

Regardless of what the news reports etc say, I'm sure I've seen drag racers walk away from 200-plus MPH crashes before.....I think it's down to their construction or something. Either way thopugh, as they were filming TG at the time, it makes you wonder if that series will be missed or not? we'll (Brit CF'ers) certainly keep you all updated if we hear anything (It'll probably be interantional news whatever happens though!). As I said before though, I'm sure everybody agrees that it's his health that's the main issue, and at the moment brain damage looks likely! That BBC News link updates itself automatically (I looked just now and it's different to yesterday), so any recent new info should be on listed there :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I found some other sites with information and it says that he's regained consciousness. I think he'll be back with Top Gear pretty soon but there's probably going to be some changes around there.

posted by  chris_knows

Yes, like just how far to push themselves....and just how much exepensive metal is too much expensive metal....to write-off :doh:

But yeah, it's good to hear that he's regained consciousness, hopefully he'll make a thorough recovery!

posted by  Cliffy

The following link is to Sky News. It's the most thorough story yet.

Sky News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30000-Hammond_p21310,00.h tml)

They specifically stated that he should make a GOOD recovery....rather than a FULL recovery.....

posted by  Cliffy

I'm not sure who to believe on whether the BBC forced him to break the record...For now, I don't think they did though. I guess Hammond was the most suitable for driving the rocket car (next to the Stig) because he had a racer's license--don't think James or Jeremy had one.

posted by  chris_knows

i doubt james may would ever get a racers license, after all, thats why hes been given the nickname Captain Slow! but i dont know who to believe either, but i tend to go towards the BBC

posted by  True_Brit

I agree, Jeremy smokes like 60 fags (cigs, lol)....a day, and james is getting on a bit, I doubt their bodies would have coped!

posted by  Cliffy

thats a very good report though! ive changed my mind, ill stick to sky news at this time! the computer video was a good explanation of what happened!

posted by  True_Brit

Clarkson doesn't look like a smoker lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I agree, Sky is usually alot better, it was a good length reprot, too!

I know he used to smoke...he might have given up now, although I'm sure there's been some refference to it on TG :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Lol never heard of it.

posted by  chris_knows

the Koenigsegg CCX road test :smoke:

"I found a cure for smoking, its called ... Smoking "
says jeremy while burning out everywhere :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

I kinda remember that, but I thought he was referring to rich millionaires who could afford that car lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I remember that too, lol....I believe that is what he was reffering to, as was nighthawk...

posted by  Cliffy

yeah, I remember he was standing by a tree in one shot talking about how nicotine is making him pissed off at everything lol

posted by  nighthawk

Update: Apparently Top Gear isn't expected to return for around six months....to be expected I suppose. We'll just have to resort to other, lesser car programmes if need be!

posted by  Cliffy

6 months?? I was expecting more along the lines of 6 weeks lol...Oh well, as long as he gets better.

posted by  chris_knows

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1236341,00.html
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13545725,00.html

posted by  chris_knows

5th gear? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

what,,, like 5th Gear on Channel 5:laughing: or Pulling Power on ITV!!! Cliffy, do you get
Channel 5???

posted by  True_Brit

I posted about 5th gear, in th post above yours lol

posted by  newyorker

oh yes, so you did!!! BUT you didnt post Pulling Power did you!!! Ha, 1 up:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

Im from the states lol. I know this much...your cabbys are made by LTI?

posted by  newyorker

only the black cabs!! :laughing: i know that most of your yellow school buses are made by an english owned bus manufacturer

posted by  True_Brit

Ford? lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Is that the show where those english people cynicize different sports cars and such?

I love that show :(

posted by  Bronxie

That's the one. I think they said he was able to walk now...So he'll make a full recovery.

posted by  chris_knows

5th Gear is basically like TG used to be, in the 1990's.....The name is even as close to Top Gear as possible, lol. I can get Ch5, but only because I have cable TV :thumbs:

Good to see Hamtser will make a full recovery, and TG is soon to be back! Good to see there's gonna be a documentory about the crash, too. It's clear Hamster will agree, lol. Cheers for the update Chris!

posted by  Cliffy

So what car was he testing?

posted by  Bronxie

the dragon or something with that sort of name!
a jet propelled dragster (english too!)

posted by  True_Brit

I read somewhere last week that he was up and walking around within the first week.. and that he wants his crash to be aired on the show..

posted by  car_crazy89

the first thing he did when he came round was get up and walk to the enamel trumpet! (toilet)
i heard he wanted it on the show, wether they'll allow it or not, we'll only find out when its on!

posted by  True_Brit

I'm sure they'll show it....if just to take the piss in true TG fasion, lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message