Out with the old....In with the new!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Out with the old....In with the new!

Well, the time is finally here, I start my new job on Monday 2 October! It's taken all of about 6-months or so to happen but now the time has come. I received my official start date back in mid-August and gave my months notice at my current job as soon as I returned from my Holiday at the end of August. I'm really looking forward to the new challenge and hope I do okay with it. The funny thing is, as much as I hated the comapny I used to work for, I actually found it quite hard to leave yesterday.

I guess more than anything it's the people I'll miss the most, as we had a great team, to the extent that we'd cover up/back-up each other no matter what the cause. In our division there was only four of us, and it's only this division I'm talking about (Long story). Due to this being one of my longest standing jobs, and the only one I've served my full notice at (even after being paid the day before my final night!), I think this all factored in to what made it so hard to leave whn it came to the crunch. Infact, I think I'm the only member of staff to ever serve any notice, lol, I just wanted to really piss the management off, gicen their attitude towards us all (another long(er) story, lol).

One final thing that really made me cross was that not one member of the management team wished me luck, or so much as thanked me for my contribution......I guess I didn't really expect this, lol. The main thing though, was that I left with dignity, and with a handshake from my friends, one of the four being my supervisor who's now going to have to put up with my replacement, hahaha. I just really really hope that I meet some equally nice people in my next venture. I already know that the company is a good one, and that prospects are great, lets just hope that my future collegues are equally as nice as the ones I'm leavibg behind.

My first week is full of classroom stuff and I only have a 10-minute train journey to it. So wish me luck (again!) guys! Below is my previous thread if anyone wonders what the hell I've been baffling on about for four paragraphs :laughing:

My other thread! (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=21633&highlight=Cliffys+ap plication)

posted by  Cliffy

Good luck with the new job Cliffy

posted by  Wally

I would hope so, it's the right thing to do. I'm sure you will do well with the new job.
Best of luck!

posted by  thefonz

I remember that...Took longer than I expected lol. Congrats though, you'll be fine :thumbs:.

posted by  chris_knows

Good job cliffy and good luck with your new job.:thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:

posted by  Spanky2324

Congrats n gud luck:thumbs:

posted by  an_talpur

http://www.spellcheck.net/
^^needed much?^^ lol, j/k man :thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

lol, humour me. thanks for da link though:thumbs:

posted by  an_talpur

shit I saw this the other day and forgot to say welcome to CF:thumbs:

or happy b-day or something :laughing: j/k

good luck with it

posted by  nighthawk

If you had to work for my last employer.....you'd know why people don't tend to serve their notice :laughing:

Thanks guys, all's well so far, halfway through my first week! I havn't done much else than training so far, but on the way home from the training centre today I saw a TravelSafe Officer outside the train station with a Police Corden.....the was a stabbing apparently. I have it all to come......:ohcrap: :thumbs:

Thanx again for the good luck, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message