Milkman

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Milkman

I take it Mr Roberts wasn't happy with something in his past connected to the Amish?

posted by  Wally

I agree, he probably wasn't

I always thought he would have been though:ohcrap:

posted by  nighthawk

I just had to search to find out what you were talking about...that's shocking, but what's even more shocking is that it was the third fatal school shooting in the US in a week. :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

Ive never been more confused...holy shit

posted by  nighthawk

And there's just been a bomb threat or bank robbery or something less than a quarter mile from my house this evening...whoa.

As for what Mr. Roberts did, dispicable.

posted by  jedimario

Its the latest fad I guess. Life sucks, so instead of jumping off a bridge, lets make a big statement and take a bunch of kids with us. Its disgusting, but then, it doesn't matter cause the killer is dead anyway. Nobody can punish him.

posted by  Mathew

i hate the damn amish people... or as the preferre to be called... the "Pennsylvania Dutch"
damn horses of theirs crapping all over the road :banghead:

posted by  starscream0

That was compassionate. I guess you're happy that there's three less.

posted by  Mathew

You hate the Amish because their horses crap on the road? Do you hate them because they are in your way? Do you hate them because you don't like their beliefs? Maybe you have a good reason, or.......... are you just ignorant?:banghead:

posted by  thefonz

Lolllll

Although, if I had to argue, which I wouldn't, I'd have to say that cars release more crap than horses do. But then I might counter-argue saying that roads are intended for cars and vehicles, and horses have no place there, to which I'd counter-argue that people can't be forced to use cars for transportation, and horses need some place to be able to commute, to which I'd argue that riding horses is animal abuse, just to make a joke, to which I'd argue that animals don't have rights, because if animals had rights, they'd be able to vote, to which I'd argue that babies and children can't vote and they still have rights, to which I'd argue that they at least have social security numbers.

So that solves it. Animals have no rights because if they had rights, they'd have social security numbers.

posted by  Bronxie

no, im not ignorant of them... i just have lived 5 minutes down the road from a huge amish farm and believe me... when its mid- summer and about 90* out... and the first step you take outside you get slapped in the face with the horrible stench of pure horse and cow sh!t... you would soon learn to dislike them easily... not to mention that they dont really care about their children or their animals... if one of their working animals has the slightest thing wrong with them, they will kill it... now im not trying to go all PETA here but that is pretty wrong. its kinda the same with children. when the boys are about 3 years old, they are out on the machinery helping with it. my family knew an amish family and the mans son that was 5 years old died because he couldnt control the 6 horses he was driving to pull some farm equiptment. now... animal cruelty is one thing... ut having young kids work that kind of stuff is quite another.

posted by  starscream0

Back in the day that the Amish hold onto, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, reasons mommy and daddy had kids in the first place was to help out on the farm. It makes sense if you think about it. With their lifestyle and culture, putting kids to work is accepted, normal, ethical, and necesary, just as it was for the vast majority of people in this country 150 and 200 years ago. It's probably better for them than the pampering they recieve nowadays anyway. Yes, thekids are put at a greater risk in this lifestyle, but all cultures have their ups and downs. And I'm not trying to say that whatever a culture dictates as acceptable is. Muslims stoning women because they've been raped is different from a child's accidental death on a farm.

As for the manure smell, well I can't blame ya there :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

I didn't mean ignorant of them,..... just ignorant.
I grew up in farm country, so as far as the smell goes-- it just smells country and I don't mind it.
BTW, they may hate you too! So if some night you happen to hear clippity clop clippity clop clippity clop, BANG... It was just an Amish drive by shooting.:laughing:

posted by  thefonz

lol I learned why that joke's funny in sociology class.

posted by  jedimario

well now someone kinda sorta agrees with me

posted by  starscream0

I read in a paper that something happened with his son or daugher dying that drove him to do what he did. Still terrible.

posted by  newyorker

Yep, but unexcuseable......the bloke done the right thing in killing himself too, atleast he'll go to hell now.....maybe?....:banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

I don't think he should have committed suicide, that's the cowards way out...and starting to become a bit popular. I'd rather have had him survive, and then be tortured a bit...then killed.

posted by  chris_knows

You're probably right actually.....torture would have suited him....but would it have happened? Maybe stick him on death row......and torture him that way!

posted by  Cliffy

Probably wouldn't have happened, but he would have gotten closer to what he deserved.

posted by  chris_knows

So our man had an urge to molest little girls and when things didn't go to plan he shot them and himself. Sick mongrel.

posted by  Wally

He probably woulda been released on paroll after 5 years...

posted by  jedimario

or, he could have easily plead the all famous "insanity" thing... people seem to get off with that pretty damn easily:banghead:

posted by  starscream0

If that. The american judicial system is a joke

posted by  newyorker

......Now all the criminals in their coats and their ties
Are free to drink martinis and watch the sun rise .......

posted by  Wally

In a highly publicized case, I'm sure he wouldn not have gotten off on parole ever. I am sure he would have had about 3 life sentences or be executed.

You guys are being very ignorant and generalizing our justice system

posted by  Bronxie

Hey... like Ron White says (even though im not from Texas) "We have the Death Penalty, but here in Texas, we actualy use it."
just because the US has the death penalty, doesnt mean that they would have nesecarily used it. kinda weird...:screwy:

posted by  starscream0

I think in this case it would have been used.

posted by  Bronxie

true... but you cant say that in some thought in your mind it didnt cross that they actualy wouldnt use it? i mean... they have used it less and less... something about being inhumane or some crap like that... i believe they could have found a reason to not kill him.

posted by  starscream0

Regardless, he killed himself and saved us many tax dollars. No complaint there :D

posted by  Bronxie

yeah... true...:laughing:

posted by  starscream0

Your Message