YouTube - Sold

Home  \  Off Topic  \  YouTube - Sold

Just heard that YouTube has been sold to Google for about $1.65-billion. It got me thinking how the previous owners were probably just kids...you know, dot com billionaires.....low and behold, two very rich 'kids' (well, in their early twenties I guess!). I'm not sure if it was them who were in sole ownership, but it was good going all the same, lol. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

How come everybody thinks of every get-rich-quick-scheme before I can? lol.

I hope they won't be making any major changes to the site layout...I just got used to it lol.

posted by  chris_knows

sold after 20 months on the job! wow

posted by  True_Brit

I've never really used it much....same with most video sites :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

hopefully this doesnt affect my ability to watch topgear:ohcrap:

posted by  nighthawk

Probably the best site of the year in my opinion. It has no annoying ads unlike 'thatvideosite' plus it has a huge choice of videos which are free unlike google videos. I also don't have to resort to torrents for episodes and save a hell of a lot of bandwidth and time in doing so.

However I can't imagine how much servers they have used(as videos takes so much space) and the bandwidth costs to keep them going for a free to use website-I must assume that the owners were already quite rich to even start it up. After seeing the video of the owners they must be laughing their way to the bank by now but I hope they don't start charging because of Google.

posted by  fudge

i doubt google will charge, else they would be for their gmail services. but i bet ads will be integrated all over the place so sponsors do all the paying.

posted by  Inygknok

They have a couple of ads, but they are hard to notice (I had to go search for them just now to make sure they were there lol). I don't use those sites much, but I've got two computer classes so I'll watch stuff like South Park episodes and stuff. So many people are always on there looking up videos of WoW--Did anyody else just learn about that like a month ago? lol

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message