Blocked..

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Blocked..

I need some help again lol...I put an episode of the Simpsons on the memory stick on my phone. I plug it into the school computers, but only the phone's internal memory is recognized. I created a shortcut to F:\ (the memory stick) and the computer recognizes it, but when I go to open it, I get this error (attached). Kinda hard to explain lol.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

The admins probably blocked the users using USB drives probably due to the fact that they don't want students to put viruses or dodgy shit onto the school's network. They probably won't let you access it even if you ask them unless you can someway make them believe that it's for media studies or something partly academic.

posted by  fudge

Your school computer probably has it blocked due to security issues.

Edit: Yeah what fudge said...

posted by  97Talonchik

yeah, that sucks. Is your internet restricted as well? I know this website that lets you stream full episodes of Family Guy, American Dad, and I think the Simpsons. I'm in class right now but as soon as I get home, I'll post the link.

*EDIT* NVM, I found it but it's been shut down. DAMN!

posted by  elchango36

No...the thing is, the phone has internal memory (only 20MB) and a memory stick. The computer recognizes the internal memory (and lets me look at pictures and video clips), but not the memory stick.

There are sites that are blocked, but the only reason I want to watch videos is because we're not allowed on the internet at all in one of my computer classes (but we can do anything else) and most of the class finishes their work with like 2 or 3 days left lol.

posted by  chris_knows

How does an episode of the simpsons fit in 20MB or storage?

posted by  67Coronet383

No...The Simpsons are 86mb and I put them on the memory stick (512mb). I use the phone's memory just for pictures and stuff.

posted by  chris_knows

F:\ drive is the default for flash drives so your admin must have blocked access to it. Anwyay why not watch the SImpsons on your phone?

posted by  fudge

Is there a way I can change the memory stick to be read as E:\ and the phone's internal memory as F:\? If there's no other way, I will just watch the episode on the phone...It's just not the same with a 2" screen though lol.

posted by  chris_knows

The drive names are incremented with each hardware componet installed. E,F, plug in another you'd have G, another you'd have H, ect.

Chris_Knows - got it now.

posted by  67Coronet383

Burn a video file and put it on DVD or, as a data file file on disk. Your CD/DVD drive should still work.

posted by  Voda48

I was thinking of that, but I know the CD/DVD drives on some computers are blocked...The one I'm using is pretty new though so I'll try it on Monday.

Thanks for the help everyone :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message