Leaving for about 6 months...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Leaving for about 6 months...

...to freeze my balls off on a winter work project. I was successfully hired as a wire line operator working in northern alberta for about the next 6 months, and I'm leaving tomorrow night for it. I'll try to pop on when I can, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Good luck...I'm sure it'll pass pretty quickly. What exactly does a wire line operator do? lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Good luck man. You are a good member.

posted by  Bronxie

:stupid:

posted by  nighthawk

Good luck with your new job! We'll see you in 6 months :thumbs:

posted by  Mathew

Good luck Dodger. Hope you have fun and grab some pics of what your doing so you can explain it when you get back.

posted by  Spanky2324

congrats on the new job and good luck!
i suppose i wire line op is someone who deals with telephone lines, electricity overhead lines???? ill google it as soon as ive finished work!

posted by  True_Brit

Well, I'm not quite gone yet......so here's a link to describe what I'll be doing....

http://www.careersinoilandgas.com/video/launchvideo.cfm?video=wireline

I will have my camera on one of my outings, so I will be able to take pictures of where I am...especially when I'm flying into the area :thumbs:

I've heard that after we have the rig up and running i'll be able to nap or scratch my nuts for up to four hours... and get paid for every minute :D

Anyways, I'm drunk as ****, and full of Oreos(I just ate a whole bag of 'em), so I'm off to sleep for about 6 hours lmao!), so I will be passing out and maybe leaving another message before I leave :|

posted by  dodgerforlife

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you. We look forward to your return. Have a Bud on me.....or a beer of similar variety (Only Foster's in my case.....they're the only two, lol). :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Alrighty.....the project I was on got cancelled, so they cut me a fatass cheque and told me to go home :thumbs: Too bad the ****ers couldn't have done that BEFORE new years....

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, made a pissload of money and drank enough booze to sink a ship.

BUT I'M BACK!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Hooray!!!
you havnt missed much though! (i dont think:ohcrap: )
how long were you out/up there???

posted by  True_Brit

just shy of two months...but I ended up being paid wages to the 6th month...plus bonuses...so it worked out good for me.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Congrats and welcome back...Actually, a lot has happened in the last 2 months, but nothing that really affects CF long term lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Good shit

posted by  Bronxie

so, do you know a reason the project was cancelled?

posted by  True_Brit

C'mon, you know you're dying to tell us...how much did ya get? lol.....:laughing:

Welcome back to CF! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

lmao i'm not dying to tell you.....but i'll let you guys figure the math out....i was 36,000$ in debt before i left...i'm now debt free with some extra to sit on.....how much extra is what i won't tell ya ;)

posted by  dodgerforlife

No maths is required, that's plenty, lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

$36,000? That's a lot of hookers :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

You seem to be knowledgable on the pricing of hookers.....hmmmmmm....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Lol...You could probably get a girl like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

you dirty hoe
http://www.southernobserver.com/images/hoe.jpg

posted by  slurm6969

But that hoe ain't dirty.. :wink2:

Welcome back Dodger, it's been alittle while. Sounds like you had found a good way to waste the winter months and make some good cash.. maybe you can fill us in on the next time they go to do this same job next year? :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

Hey, Welcome back Dodger!:banana:

posted by  elchango36

36000 in debt??? God damn.

posted by  Bronxie

that is a lot of debt. i have about 10,000, but thats all doctors bills for my back problems.

posted by  glagon1979

Car, 3 credit cards, line of credit. It all adds up, and fast.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message