Car-Forums worth $150,000!!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Car-Forums worth $150,000!!

What is your website worth? (http://directory.sootle.com/website-worth/)

It is pretty interesting...be it legit or just a "game"...

posted by  BavarianWheels

Fake, says corral.net/forums (prolly the biggest Mustang site on the internet) is worth 0.00? I'd bet its into the millions.

posted by  Pythias

A website's worth what someone will pay for it, not what some silly internet thing says.

posted by  jedimario

submit url

This website is worth

What is your website worth?

--------------
Guess it doesn't work.

And just because something's worth is what someone will pay for it, doesn't mean that the price isn't predicatable.
--------------
Apparently, myspace is only worth 8 million?

posted by  Godlaus

Apparently, my little car website is worth $1k.

posted by  hondaman

the program works on name recognition only. it does not take into account what the content is or how much it may just have sold for.

posted by  jaydez

and Google, Youtube, etc are over valued.

posted by  Wally

I typed in car-forums.com and got $110...

posted by  PontiacFan27

My website (chrisknows.50megs.com) is worth $15.00 YESSS!!! lol

This is weird...Car-forums.com is worth $110, but car-forums.com/talk is worth $656 lol.

EDIT: If it's:
car-forums.com it's $110
www.car-forums.com it's $153,279
http://www.car-forums.com $153,147
lol

posted by  chris_knows

You can't put hyper text markup language in forum posts, and didn't MySpace just sell for $52 million?

posted by  jedimario

Yeah, and youtube sold for $1.6 billion! But on that site it's only $2,000,000 lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Myspace sold for 580million...not 52 million..lol

posted by  Bronxie

I'd rather think of how much I'm worth for not trying these nonsense things. :laughing:

posted by  Valter

So Bav, do you still wanna but CF from Adam? :laughing:

I've never really thought about CF being worth anything before.....I guess all big sites are though? Even if websites like the one above are fake....

posted by  Cliffy

Will if that's the case, then youtube sold for about 800 times more then that site says.. therefore car-forums should sell of 800 times more than that site says, equalling $122,623,200.. or so :wink2:

I think I did that right lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

I've offered to buy the site, but the amount he requested was too high. He over values this site. It's nothing but a forum.

posted by  Monsta

There's more to CF than just the Forum...

posted by  Cliffy

What ever. I'm willing to bet at least $100,000 of that value came from me being listed as a member here.

Car-Forums is a forum + a place where "What" speaks. That's all its got.

posted by  Monsta

This is true, $256 million sounds a bit excessive for a search engine. However I would'nt doubt that it could be sold for something in that range.

posted by  DSMer

Some of you aren't considering what makes something valuable and that is the people it is exposed to. CF has value because...for example, we have 20k members (Idk what it is) and we get 1k posts a day and 10k hits a day...

And when you have a product exposed to people, you are in line to make shit loads of money, whether through advertising or some other method.

How many users are on myspace? Millions and millions.

Just like if you were selling a company...you would be getting paid by the buyer for the amount of clients you already have along with the rest of the company's value. Most business deals require you to pay the seller for an extended period of time thereafter the purchase just for that reason.

So yes car-forums is worth something. It's not all about the product sometimes. I'm sure there are better car forums out there that have less users than us...ex: Look at ipod. It isn't the BEST mp3 player, it's just the most hyped. So what is worth more? Ipod or Iriver, a competing mp3 player company, even though IMO iriver is better? Of course the answer is ipod...

posted by  Bronxie

Sweet, My website that I havent touched in over 5 years is worth over $2,000. I should sell that shit and buy a tv!

As a side note, my new website with nothing in it yet is worth $2... :banghead:

posted by  Voda48

Excessive? Google is THE MOST used search engine in the world. $256 million is WAAAYYYY below the worth of google...which is valued at 30+ BILLION in real life.

posted by  Monsta

I believe sites like Google are worth it's price, they have a lot of premises around the world and employ loads of people to keep their servers running(and how many people have you seen say "google it" on these forums?). As for Youtube I always wondered how many servers they need to keep all those videos.

I don't know who would want to buy car-forums, I wonder whether the owners make anything from this site at all.

posted by  fudge

Look at all the ads and banners and then you'll know the answer.

posted by  Bronxie

I think my own little website is overvalued at $6...

http://adesso.2ya.com

posted by  ChrisV

That's yours? Looks really nice. I am willing to give you $10 for it. :laughing: JP

posted by  chris_knows

I like your site Chris, did you use Dreamwever (sp?)

posted by  Voda48

Dreramweaver and Flash MX, which I finally got last week (got the whole suite here at work). It's quick, used some canned stuff (it only took me a couple hours), and I need to add more stuff, like pics and the like. I was just tired of the way my 3 year old site looked. Now I have to get new business cards, as I also changed my logo...

Oh, *I'm not advertising!*

posted by  ChrisV

Yes you are actually...but I'll let it go this time as you're more than loyal...:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Hahahaha! I was merely showing why it was overpriced at $6. I've only lost money by having it. ;)

Mostly because I can't advertise it. Hehehehe!

posted by  ChrisV

You mean like my new site, where is I invested money a year ago for the site name, and again this year, and have thus far not done a thing with it. Who do you use for your hosting Chris?

posted by  Voda48

Right now it's on Comcast, but I'm going to switch it over to a friend's server (angryhosting), along with getting a real domain name.

posted by  ChrisV

sweet my websites worth $0.00

posted by  thomas232

Voda ur webpage is worth
$2,087.00

posted by  thomas232

WTF? Where are you getting that from? (wait it is prob my geocities one) I was refering to my new one: www.vodahawk.com

posted by  Voda48

chrisV,,, i like your no holds bard shirts, quite funny actually!!!:thumbs:
oh, and the camaro second gen is cool

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message