Initial D Fans Here?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Initial D Fans Here?

Are there any Initial D fans in here? Just wondering cuz that is my favorite anime of all times. They better be making a 5th stage or something cuz Im not happy with the ending in the 4th stage.

-A

posted by  Project-A

Guilty.

posted by  elchango36

initial d is the reason i dont want to own a corolla again... at least not as much... why? cuz it blew the car out of perportion... its to popular now, and parts cost to much

posted by  mazda6man

I like the anime...

posted by  Valter

damn theres an ae86 in town for 1300 bucks too:laughing:

Ive never heard of the show though, well, never saw it

posted by  nighthawk

Go to www.youtube.com

Search for Initial D 1st Stage Act 1 Part 1 (or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf0vi9FDUx0) and watch it.

posted by  Valter

Dang, If it was a hatchback trueno, in good condition, and in black and white, I would by that in a New York minuet. I mean c'mon its a dohc, my CD7 dont even have that.....(yet)

-A

posted by  Project-A

see, thats what i mean... is the only way you would buy a corolla, is if it were exactly like the initial d car???

posted by  mazda6man

this one is identical to the one in nfsu2 red/black

posted by  nighthawk

....yea basically :mrgreen:

posted by  Project-A

Initial D was exactly what I needed to see when everyone else was raving about Fast and Furious, it's a great story and the racing scenes aren't the monotonous ones you see in every other racing movie.

And there's nothing wrong with wanting a car that looks like Takumi's:badrazz:

posted by  fudge

nah... i would have to say my favorite anime is Inuyasha... has absolutly nothing to do with cars... but its still awsome:thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

and I like digimon j/k :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

love the car, not where it comes from.... dont just want a car because a CARTOON character drives one

rediculous..............

posted by  mazda6man

If it wasn't for Initial D, I wouldn't have gotten into cars the way I am now. I wouldn't have bothered going to Club4ag to see what the car was like in the real world and why it is highly regarded by most Japanese professional drivers.

Likewise, it's natural to want something you like. One of members at Club4ag has a replica of the Tofu delivery car. I personally love to have an FC3S that looks like Ryosuke. Just because it's a cartoon doesn't mean you can't be inspired by the designs.

Initial D is a cartoon but it pays a lot of attention to detail in the racing scenes, other films that are based on cars/racing wouldn't bother going into those details. That's what makes Initial D so special.

posted by  fudge

perhaps its just the fact that i was into the cars long before initial d hit the streets of america. when i owned my corolla, i had no idea what initial d even was... and through my eyes, a corolla owner(used to be anyways) after the cartoon came out in the states, prices jumped, everykid who ever heard of the show was buying up the cars, and trying to drift them, leading to wrecking them, leading to it to be harder find them. thats why i drive my cressida now... noone knows what they are, and everyone thinks theyre ugly.
oh, ps. corollas were hated by most everyone, right up until the show came out... now its one of the hottest cars to steal

posted by  mazda6man

LOL, it is funny isn't it of how people actually fantasized about a certain product that was used in a movie / anime. Hence, wanting to have a similiar product try to make miracles out of it. It is ridiculous.

posted by  Jeison Iyasu

It's just a testament to how well the japanese can cause such a fad in the western world. It's no different to motorsport where manufacturers pour millions into their racing programmes just to boost the sales of their cars. And the AE86 is highly regarded in Japan, most professional racers over there must have some racing experience with them.

posted by  fudge

Your Message