Borat

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Borat

Sooooooooo funny. See it now, you'll be in tears. You'll keel over in laughter. Funniest movie in sooooo long. GO.

posted by  Mathew

Awesome, I wanted to see that. I should take my gf.. but then she will be talking about it for a month at random times and I'll be like wow I sure wish I didn't take you to see Borat

posted by  Bronxie

I'll hopefully go see it tonight...Were the theatres full? lol

posted by  chris_knows

I want to go see it soon. With all the hype I'm scared that it won't live up to it. But hey it's Borat and he's just so funny/weird so it's got to be worth it.

posted by  fudge

We went in to see the 9:20 show, and they were all sold out, except the 11:30 show, so we bought tickets for that. We went off and did something else, figured it would be wise to get there at 10:40 for the lineups. Well we got there, and there were already a few hundred people in line. We thought we were going to end up sitting in the bottom row. But then they were trying to move some people, and some guy got pissed off and said "I've been waiting here for an hour, I'm not going to the back of the line". So then they said they would open another theater. So when they let us in, they opened two theaters, and it was all good :thumbs:

posted by  Mathew

Whoa! I don't think our theatres can fit 100 people lol. I might have to wait until next week to watch it...I'll probably go insane by then. I don't wanna download it either, because I heard it was too good to watch at that quality lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Do you guys have Silvercity? They're pretty huge theaters...

posted by  Mathew

Here in Philadelphia, most theathers are large. AMC has giant, 2 store theaters which perfectly accomodate people.

Anyway, I did see the movie on opening night and, I'm sorry to say this, but I was disappointed. Way too much hype. The previews covered just about all the good parts. It was very crude. Some of the stuff was just plain disguisting, while other stuff just dissing a bunch of people. Overall, they made Kazahks look like idiots.

I would definetely suggest seeing it so you can make up your own mind. I know many people that liked it but I personally believe that there have been many better comedies.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I don't go there too often, I go to Cineplex Odeon (screens are bigger)..And it's not playing at Silvercity here. I guess it could fit about 150-200 people though.

posted by  chris_knows

in plymouth we have Warner Bros and Vue cinemas to go to! very big too, vue has 16 screens which fit around 100 people in, as for borat, might see it when it comes out in blockbusters to hire!!! dont get much time to go to the cinemas

posted by  True_Brit

I didn't see a single preview for it, not had I ever even heard of it. I heard one ad on the radio and that was it. But my friends were raving about Borat, so I took their word for it, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Usually toilet humour is not my thing but because Borat is so innocent it made it funny for me...

posted by  Mathew

How did Igor react to the movie? LMFAO

posted by  newyorker

Borat is from Kazhakstan. Igor is from Uzbekistan. :screwy:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Haha in the movie the Kazhaks hated the Uzbeks(sp?)

posted by  Mathew

i actually heard from a close friend that it was crap......... i think im gonna wait till it comes out on dvd and rent it.

posted by  Inygknok

I saw the Borat movie Yesterday and it definitely goes way overboard!!! It was worth seeing in theater this past opening weekend because it was soooo packed that it kind of added to the experience. Honestly it isn't the best movie I have ever seen but it is much better than most of the garbage that Hollywood has been releasing! You also have to admire how someone as nuts as Sacha Barren Cohen was able to release something that appeals to such a main stream audience. :thumbs:

posted by  MakeItRain

still doesnt convince me..... i dont like being part of main stream audiences and such. hence, why i was the only person in the whole theater laughing in Saw 3 the day it was released (even had a lady ask me if i was sick).

posted by  Inygknok

I think I heard somewhere that he (Sacha Baron Cohen) was going making a movie for BrĂ¼no...An Austrian queer. Should be funny, but I don't think it will be as funny as what my expectations for Borat are lol.

posted by  chris_knows

i laughed so much when i saw this!
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/711/711738/borat-20060607053 153666-000.jpghttp://www.mcnblogs.com/mcindie/archives/images/Borat2.jpg

posted by  True_Brit

I gotta see it, my boy said that it's hilarious, but that the attempts to insert a plot were kind of a stretch. I can't wait...

posted by  boothe

I didn't know it really had a plot lol...I'm going either Friday night or Sunday.

posted by  chris_knows

i just got back from the movie, a couple hours ago... i give it :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  mazda6man

It was funny but I could have done without the really disgusting, graphical parts... Well, I won't spoil it for others but those parts didn't make me laugh since they were very predictable.

posted by  Bronxie

Finally got to see it. There were only two scenes that I would say were awkward, but still hilarious. It wasn't exactly how I expected it, but I'm in no way disappointed.
BTW Not to spoil anything, but the scene with Pamela Anderson was so funny! lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I saw it Saturday night. Honestly it didn't live up to it's hype. I was expecting more and it just didn't deliver. The movie was just, alright.

posted by  elchango36

hahaha nice

posted by  Spanky2324

I was at the theater today and there was some little kids going around asking people if they were going to see Saw 3. Stupid kids. (They wanted to get in, cause its rated 18a)

posted by  Mathew

Well I a would agree with you that most stuff that appeals to the "mean stream" is total crap...i.e. movies, clothing, food, etc. But the Borat character initially only appealed to people that had a strange sense of humor. It took a four years or so for this character to warm up to your Average Joe. I was into Borat when he was only doing this $hit in the UK.

I also agree that something that is truly funny loses its appeal once it goes mainstream. However, the Borat Movie is out of control wierd so just GO watch it! Worst case senerio is you're out $10. If you see it and don't like it you can throw it back in my face. But, I think that there will be someparts that will have you in stitches!

P.S. You laughed in Saw 3????? You might be a little sick in the head

posted by  MakeItRain

I heard that Sacha Baron Cohen was filming for Borat and asked some guy for his clothes, and the guy just punched him in the face...And Sacha shaved off his mustache for good. :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

Wait what??? This was obviously after he completed the movie? And he could always just grow his mustache back. Please explain and/or provide any articles if possible!
thanks in advance

posted by  MakeItRain

I heard it on the radio, but here's an article:
http://www.alaskareport.com/z44860.htm
Also, there's some people complaining, like the village that he claimed he was from was actually in Romania, and the villagers were told that the movie was going to be about the hardships that they face, and were only paid $5 each lol. No lawsuits have been filed yet though...

posted by  chris_knows

Wow good find...the AlaskaReport that is Random. I'm sure that Romania and Kazahstan have a lot in common anyways. Did you hear how Kazahstan was pissed at the Sacha Baron Cohen for his portrayal of their country? Kazahstan should be kissing his a$$. Most people didn't even know that it existed before Borat. That country might actually make some tourism $ off curious Borat fans.........but of course not me:laughing:

posted by  MakeItRain

Yeah, Kazakhstan airlines are getting a lot more calls about people wanting to go there...not sure how many people actually follow through with it.

Alaska Report was the first hit on google BTW lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Supposedly, this movie is intended to show that anti-semitism is foolish, but people complain that it 'perpetuates' anti-semitism and stereotypes.

And I agree that the pamela anderson scene was hilarious LOL

posted by  Bronxie

Hahahah omg I saw it Sunday it is the funniest most controversial movie I've seen since Blazing Saddles haha :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Your Message