Remembrance day...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Remembrance day...

Well, it's that time of the year again when we remember those who died for our country in the two world wars...well, any wars really, but it came about because of WW1 I believe....At the 11th minute of the 11th hour this morning, most of the UK atleast will be silent for 2minutes...Oh, it's 10 past now...:ohcrap: :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

We had a Remembrance Day assembly at school yesterday, and some people got to stay home from work, but it's not really that celebrated around here...Hopefully it will be soon.

posted by  chris_knows

friday was also the Marine Corps birthday!! oorah! hapy birthday marines!! :thumbs:

~semper fidelis

posted by  starscream0

I thought Remembrance Day was a Canadian thing only...is it only England as well? Or the Commonwealth?

posted by  Mathew

i suppose it would be the commonwealth, to remember the 4,000,000 ex service men and women!

posted by  True_Brit

Do you guys wear poppies?

posted by  Mathew

here in the US its Veterans day. im not sure about anywhere else

EDIT:

i just found this and thought some people may like it:

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

posted by  starscream0

I thought it was a UK only thing, lol. I guess it's a commonwealth thing in that case...I wonder if the Aussies 'remember' too...(couldn't really say celebrate, lol).

Yes, I heard yesterday that depending on what side of the body you wear it on, determines if you were ever in service yourself, or if you are/were a female in service...

posted by  Cliffy

have you got one for the bonnet/grille for your car???

posted by  True_Brit

No....I thought that was only red noses, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message