Nintendo Wii

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Nintendo Wii

This game system is far more advanced then the PS3 or Xbox 360 it also allows better playing experiances. To golf you actually have to make that motion with the controller. This is also Cheaper than the PS3 and Xbox 360 . The games are cheaper aswell. This system is going to change the way people look at video games.
http://wii.nintendo.com/hardware.html

The Greatest Game Consol Ever...? YOU FIND OUT!!

posted by  thomas232

Doesn't Nintendo use ATI chips? I know the GC had one, the PS3 has your nVidia stuff :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Now that's something I really need to try:wink2: Sony has delayed the PS3 far too long plus it won't be out in europe til next March(that's assuming they won't further delay it). I hope the Nintendo does well.

posted by  fudge

Me too, I'm looking forward to trying this thing out.

posted by  Bubba

Wii >PS3...

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/143/evilfuddzd7.jpg

posted by  elchango36

One good reason to await the PS3....GT HD...:drool: All I will say is this, they'd better put reverse lights on the cars this time, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, it really pissed me off that they overlooked that small/huge detail.

posted by  elchango36

I've got a question--if you were to play something like Splinter Cell, where you have to walk and shoot and stuff, would the thumb controls be used to move the character, and then you'd aim at the screen to shoot? I was turned off Nintendo with the Gamecube. For some reason it just didn't cut it for me :ohcrap:...

posted by  chris_knows

I don't have HD TV:ohcrap: Gran Turismo will be the main attraction of the PS3 but the competition is getting much better now. I'd still love to try that golf game on the Wii:laughing:

posted by  fudge

Me too, to this day, it remains my main grievence with the series, I'm sure it must be due to licensing or something, as it's such an obvious feature and to overlook it is just too hard!

I don't have HD TV either yet. I heard that to play anything on the PS3, you need it.....would that be correct? As for the competition, I know what you mean, but the GT series is still the benchmark for racing games, and is exclusive to Sony at the moment!

posted by  Cliffy

I don't think HDTV would be necessary...I think there's an adapter for HDTV to work on a regular TV...but not in HD obviously lol.

posted by  chris_knows

and car damage!!! ffs, i wanna cause carnage!!! and stop ppl from cheating by crashing into me cuz they dont know how to stop.

posted by  Inygknok

That was a definate licensing issue....I think Ferrari's in in now though...so maybe licensing's been sorted! We want proper damage this time, too, not just handling issues, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Well I will answer this one since nbody else will. There are two controlers that you use, so depending on the game you might beusing both hands. DL the video from Nin to find out more or go to Best Buy and get the free dvd. (by the way you can use an analog control to move, but it would be pretty f'ing cool to duck behind couchs and do barrel rolls and crap and have your charecter emulate that movement.)

posted by  Voda48

Lol...I found this video, a spoof of the Microsoft/Mac commercials:...Youtube's really lagging right now, or there's some "internal error 500" or something, so just go on and type "PS3 vs wii" lol.

BTW Thanks Voda...I'll check out the video.

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message