not that anyone cares but i promised pythias

Home  \  Off Topic  \  not that anyone cares but i promised pythias

My new car, 2006 porsche boxster. Just got it tuesday. Yeah that's my old BMW next to it. It's my sister's now. **** off with the "spoiled brat" comments. If your parents wanted to buy you a porsche I'm sure most wouldn't be complaining.

This is outside my apartment building.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6821/mikescar3editil0.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8871/mikescar1editog0.png

My sister left and it stopped raining.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8541/mikescar3editmu7.jpg

Lol it has an anus. And by the way, under the trunk lid you can see the retractable rear spoiler. You put it up or down with the push of a button to create downforce while driving high speeds, I guess.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4373/mikescar4editak6.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3347/mikescar6editro6.jpg

Any requests for pics will be considered.

It drives like a dream. Hydraulic clutch makes it really easy to drive in traffic. I love it. I am thinking of what to name it. In fact I think I should get it a social security card.

Any tips on how to break in the engine properly? I didn't read the manual yet and the dealer said, "800 miles, don't go over 4500rpm, and not over 75mph." I know he's full of shit. 800 miles isn't nearly enough.

Big thanks to chrisv for opening my mind up to porsches!

posted by  Bronxie

Doesn't the spoiler come out automatically at something like 70mph?

Looks really nice, black's the best colour IMO. Not sure how to break it in, but if you wreck this car too, I will find out where you live and make sure you don't get any new cars lol :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

If I wreck this car I'd commit myself. I don't know if the spoiler comes out by itself, I can't really see :( I tried to lol

posted by  Bronxie

It probably says in the driver's manual lol...I just checked, and it is automated to come out at a certain speed...Also, you get heated washer nozzles lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Well, you can also make it come out with the button :P

posted by  Bronxie

Great car, Michael...:hi:

As for running it in, I think if you drive it sensibly it'll be ok...Most modern cars require not alot of running in.

posted by  Cliffy

Maybe you're right. I don't think it will make a huge difference anyways. I just don't want to compromise engine output or anything, cause then, obviously, it'll be too late if I don't do it right the first time.

posted by  Bronxie

all "hidden" spoilers on porsches raise up or lower at a certain speed, i heard it raises at 55mph!
bronxie,,, i thought you were getting a Z4Si??? What happened to that idea?
where you said......"If your parents wanted to buy you a porsche I'm sure most wouldn't be complaining."
i would!, id sell mine straight away (unless its the new GT3RS!)

posted by  True_Brit

It's an expensive car so you certainly can't go wrong with treating her with kid gloves untill the first few thousand miles has lapsed! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

i suppose he could take one of those advanced driving courses like driving on a skidpan to learn to control the car in a spin etc, that way, he will have less chances of smashing it up!!!:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

Lovely looking car.... thoroughly impractical, but very desirable.

posted by  Wally

Yes.....Although I'd use a car supplied by the Advanced Driving company.....otherwise it could go terribly wrong (maybe defeating the object of treating the car with care?), lol :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

It's a strange story. I was waiting all day last Saturday to go pick up my Z4 si. My dad finally got home at about 12:20 and I was scheduled to go at 1pm.

I told my stepmother's brother (visiting) that I want a porsche boxster but my dad said no, but regardless I would still love the z4. He said, "do you want me to talk to him?" My dad said, "IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR 40,000 THEN FINE". I was like no ****in way I can get a car with a $46,000 base price for 40k. Well, we went to the dealer and it was NP. This particular model was 52k actually. Guess they were trying to get rid of the 06 models.

Some of the options that I KNOW of are premium bose sound system, 18" boxster S wheels, heated seats, bi-xenon headlights...and um...I dunno what else.

The top can operate at speeds of up to 30mph. Pretty handy.

posted by  Bronxie

you know, its a very nice colour (black, hardly ever is!) but i thought it was a cayman at first:ohcrap: the boxster and cayman look so similar!!!

posted by  True_Brit

I love xenon.....proper xenon, like your Porsche, not the cheap replicas that cost about £10 from Halfords (Boy Racer and general auto store) :thumbs:

Yup, you certainly got a great deal there, prestigious car dealers are less likely to budge on the list price too, mainly because of what they're selling, and their anticipated customer base!

posted by  Cliffy

Well, bottom line is that we got a good deal because the longer they wait to sell them, the more $$ they lose. Puts you in a good situation to negotiate.

And about the xenons, they are REALLY bright. I thought my high beams were on at first but they're just bright.

Those things always blind me when I see them. Now I have a counter-attack!

posted by  Bronxie

sweet car, looks like a mini CGT with those wheels

very slick

posted by  nighthawk

whats that car on the right side of the porsche in the first pic?
im just wondering? anyway, whats with the 'black' thing??? (3 black cars all parked by each other)

posted by  True_Brit

I bet you still cnat pick up girls in that pink ass shirt.

posted by  newyorker

Jamie: That's my old BMW. It's my sister's car now. 2006 325xi sedan

Newyorker: Depends how you wear the pink. I do pink justice.

posted by  Bronxie

VERY Nice, personally to be on the safe side I'd wait around 2k miles to take it oer those rpms or speeds, take good care of it, get all the maintenance done, and DON'T let anything happen to this one.

posted by  Pythias

No...you cant pull it off..

posted by  newyorker

You should be glad, newyorker. He makes your color look good, and somehow still manages to pick up more chicks. I can say that without even knowing this guy.

posted by  Godlaus

LOLLL

I think the pink looks good with the car color

posted by  Bronxie

Uhmm no sorry the only thing pink goes with is girls panties, and guys wearing pink is soo wrong

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

If I had an expensive car, I'd probably dress up as a CIA operative or something lol...BTW I agree with Banff...red panties look pretty good too lol :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Here's a tip. Read the manual, lazy-ass. You're driving a car that's designed for a mature adult, try acting like one.

posted by  Mathew

The manual says one thing and various sources say other things, so I was looking for someone with some KNOWLEDGE or INSIGHT on properly breaking in engines, meaning not you, so kindly go away

Oh yeah and pink is awesome. You guys are just homophobes.

posted by  Bronxie

oh well ok if your a homosexual i guess pink is ok for you guys, im not phobic, you shoulda mentioned your a queen and everyone would just agree you could wear pink properly sorry for the misunderstanding

Ironically I think it's the people like you who are the "queens" and you try to conceal it by going out and calling everything else gay and homosexual so that you nor anyone else will know that you are indeed a fudgepacker.

posted by  Bronxie

I like pink, Michael:laughing: ....only on a shirt though, in my opinoon it's more than acceptable for a bloke to wear pink shirts!

posted by  Cliffy

Saying that pink's a girly colour doesn't mean someone is scared of gays or a gay himself...Personally, I think that just like skirts and thongs, pink should stay on girls.

But back on topic, what's the fastest you've gotten the Porsche to go? lol

posted by  chris_knows

couldn't have gone to fast since hes asking how long to break it in for. Everyone should look at pink this way, as long as it comes with starburst boys and girls are happy alike.

posted by  salimander13

He didn't say girly. He said I'm a homosexual cause of it :\?

Oh yeah and I read the manual. It says don't lug the engine in high gear at low speeds. Does that mean don't be in like 4th gear at 25mph? If so I need to stop doing that. I was doing it to save gas.

Also it says to break in the brakes by hitting them hard or something...

And warm up the engine before going anywhere. Jeeze, glad I read the manual.

PS: The top track speed listed by porsche is 160...I'm sure I couldn't get it that high, though. That's done under special conditions.

posted by  Bronxie

Yes, that's exactly what it means, lol. I tend to chang into third at 30mph, forth at 40mph and fifth at 50mph. If your car has a sixth gear, only use it on the Highway, as it's only a cruising gear anyway...or supposed to be. I mean you can't feasably do a higher speed in sixth than you can in fifth! (the retios probably let you, but the road conditions don't usually!)

posted by  Cliffy

I was confused on what the word "lug" is. My friend said it just means if you hear a grinding sound or something, like it's gonna stall out, then up shift lol.

By the way, I do what you do also, but it's like when I KNOW I'm gonna be at 30mph for a while I'll go into fourth to save gas. So that's a no-no :\

posted by  Bronxie

you must have misunderstood me, i meant on the right side of the porsche, i know its a bmw on the LEFTside of the porsche but what is it besided it???

posted by  True_Brit

Sooo not fair! That car looks so cute! Now I want one.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

so im a homphobe....... as you said........ but your not a homosexual, well nice feminine side there buddy, and im really proud of you and your pink shirt and daddies porsche, your a lucky guy for having good parents, anyway you better go over that manual again it will probably even say what rpm range will be proper for what speeds during and after break in or you can google it, and dont bring it to a jiffy lube

The manual was made by Porsche, I think it would be a safe bet to believe them...

posted by  Mathew

Then again, it's got a warranty...I say he rides the hell out of her lol JP.

posted by  chris_knows

Don't worry about that, also just about every car when it is serviced by a dealership gets the shit beat out of it for a few miles, burnouts flooring etc.

posted by  Pythias

Ohh. So maybe I shouldn't take this whole breaking-in thing so seriously...

2000 miles sounds like a lot anyways :\

posted by  Bronxie

I used to bed the brakes in by driving down the road riding the brake pedal, lol....

posted by  Cliffy

I did read the manual btw. Like I said, don't go over 4200 rpm. Don't lug the engine in high gear at low speeds. Didn't say anything about top speed.

Also said warm the car up in cold weather...

and one thing I need to work on is depressing the clutch pedal ALL the way when shifting. These hydraulic clutches are so good you just get lazy and only do it half way :hi:

posted by  Bronxie

2000 miles aint nothing to break in a car. That amount should be brought up easily.

posted by  Spanky2324

You don't need a manual to tell you how to break a car in. They all have the same components. Common sense tells you not to drive like an asshole for at least a couple thousand miles. Especially if its showroom floor new. Practicing good manual driving habits will also keep the clutch in good condition.

posted by  DSMer

Thanks for that handy information. I definitely did not know any of that, despite the fact I had posted that very thing in more detail at least 3 times.

And just for the sake of argument, common sense would tell you that unless you are somewhat familiar with new cars/engines, you wouldn't know that, meaning it's not common sense. Oh, the irony!

posted by  Bronxie

Common sense isn't that common...

posted by  Mathew

Common sense tells you that about ANYTHING new. Just because you're too damn stupid to realize that doesn't give justify you asking a dumb ass question like "when can I beat on my brand new Porsche?". The real irony is that commons sense isn't so common, yet it is called common; not that you're an idiot. There is nothing ironic about that. Thats just plain sad.

posted by  DSMer

How is that common sense, IN ANY WAY? You are saying that if you just buy a new car, and you don't know shit about cars, you will KNOW that you are supposed to break in an engine?

That's why it's not common sense dumb shit. Because there is no logic there or present that would tell someone that they should do a certain thing. That's what common sense is.

EX of common sense: If you walk in front of moving vehicle, you may get hit by it.

EX of not common sense: If you download software, you may get a virus.

Think about this a second...then step back, and re-post again apologizing for being a moron.

Now the real ironic thing is that what I am saying IS common sense, and you still can't grasp it. What does that make you?

posted by  Bronxie

It's all that hair on his head he has no room left for a brain man. Bronxie when your on a forum like this you should have common sense not to beat on a new car. Why beat on it at all oh wait you'll just have it repaired with your parents money i guess right?

posted by  Spanky2324

Spanky when you're on a forum like this you should have common sense to read the beginning of the book instead of just starting in the middle and read through, so to speak.

I didn't beat on a car. I never said I beat on it or I wanted to. I asked when it was ok to beat on it, and posted what my manual said about beating on it.

Wow what an air head

posted by  Bronxie

Well anyways, nice looking car, congrats, I hate you (j/k) let us see some other pics as you get em. I bet that thing would look sexy along a beach:thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

All right. I had to take it to the service department cause after leaving out over-night, I couldn't put the shifter into reverse unless engaging a forward gear first.

When I get it back I'll take pics :)

posted by  Bronxie

Are you serious? If you download software, you could get a virus. That IS common knowledge. The internet is filled with a lot of dirty things. You use it, you should know about this. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean a large sum of moderately educated people don't either.

Common, may or may not be you. Just because you're not included or you don't know doesn't make it uncommon. Before you argue semantics maybe you should understand what the word common means.

Asking when its alright to beat on your car is just a generally stupid question. For many of reasons. Not only could this information have been easily concluded by asking the people that sold you the car, but you could have easily read the manual and I'm more than sure it would mention something about it. That just shows irresponsibility and immaturity on your behalf. Which are your parents failure and worries, not mine.

I'll take the over of that being foul play on your behalf as opposed to the under of it being a factory mechanical issue.

posted by  DSMer

No that is not common knowledge. That's common amongst frequent internet users. It requires exclusive experience with using the internet generally, unless you have been educated otherwise. The fact that the group of people, though being a large one, have a lot of experience with the internet, makes it exclusive, thereby making it NOT common sense. This is common KNOWLEDGE. Learn the difference.

Common KNOWLEDGE is different than common SENSE. Think about it, genius.

REALLY? YOU THINK I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT FROM MY DEALER???

Wow, ain't that some shit. Turns out I put that in my first post.

Read the manual you say?

If that wasn't good enough...how about the second time I posted what the manual said?

Wow that's amusing. Looks like your argument was SO poor that you intentionally ignored the fact (cause we all know how you love facts) that I did those very two things, and not only that, I posted that I did both of them.

Common sense would tell you to read a thread before actually replying.

But just cause you aren't included in the "common sense" group doesn't mean it's still not common ;)

posted by  Bronxie

Bronxie is right about that one. My Mum is getting the Internet for the first time this week and she know's nothing about it, or any Virus her computer could pick up. Infact, when Norton anti-virus told her to close all windows when she was installing it, she closed the bedroom window! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

LOL! Is she a little "daft" as you englishmen say?

posted by  Bronxie

**** off with your **** off with the spoiled brat comments. I believe in working for everything you have. I bought my own damn car with my own damn money, and I worked for it. I fix it myself, pay to put gas in it, and pay the insurance. I like to think I'm competent to support myself without anyone else's help, even if you're not.
Oh, and nice car.

posted by  smallangryneon

nvm :$

posted by  Bronxie

Now that's funny!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Well, then you can be proud of your accomplishments, and makes you value your car more than he values his. But, come one man, let him go on his way. No need to rant on him.

posted by  Godlaus

I'd like to say it was just a joke, due to my Brit humour....but it's true, lol. She's not technologically advanced....at all :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Fellow washingtonian ftw

posted by  Bronxie

The break-in period is significantly shortened by use of synthetic motor oil. Just drive it easy for the first couple hundred miles, then start driving the way you want. Take care of it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message