Test Drive: Unlimited

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Test Drive: Unlimited

Has anybody played this game on the Xbox 360? From what I've seen, it looks amazing! You can buy houses and cars and bikes and....well, you get the idea, lol. I haven't played it as I don't have an Xbox 360. I heard it was going to be released on the PS2, but due to the PS3's iminent arrival, I doubt it will be, plus it uses an awful lot of space! :ohcrap:

Also, is this game a successor or the old Test Drive series that was released on the Mega Drive and the PS1?...anyone? does Chris_Know? :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Chris_Doesn't_Know lol...It does look really sweet, and I just realized it's available for PC. I'll get it...As soon as I can find a site where it can be downloaded for PC lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Can it be downloaded free?...if so, can you share this with me?...:hi: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I'll let you know as soon as I find one lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Many thanks...:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah i've seen video clips of this game, looks awesome. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

ive rented it from blockbusters today!
its a great game, great attention to detail like windows go up and down, the sounds, you even get to flash your headlights:laughing: not much use really, when none of the races are held in the night or in times when lights are needed!!!
lots of cars to choose to, from audi a3's through to ascari and even the mclaren f1 gtr!!! or you can go for a ducati (although the bikes are abit lairy!)
right now i have a audi a6 3.2, a chrysler 300c v8 and a corvette zo6 in blue with 606bhp and does 212mph top speed (you can modify the cars, not like need for speed but just for the engine and weight of the car!)

posted by  True_Brit

The concept of the game is nice change from your average NFS racing series. You're simply completing missions to become more rich and buy more expensive cars to complete even more difficult missions. The cars look and sound realistic(both inside and out because you can get a drivers view). The game is on an island where all of the miles are real time miles. So if you drive 60mph it will take you 1 hour to drive 60 miles. Of course as most games it highly leaned towards excessive speed.

The driving characteristics could use a little more tweaking. Slowing down from 218mph in a Koenigsegg CCR literally takes about 5 seconds. Now I've never driven a Koenigsegg, granted, but I don't think it slows down from 200+mph in 5 seconds. You can take the user assisted steering off and get really wild with some of the cars.

posted by  DSMer

This game is online only correct?

posted by  Pythias

i own the game, it's really fun. the main thing i was suprised by was the attention to detail on the interior view of the cars. they are just like they are in real life, it's pretty addictive. plus there is INFINITE room to run around and just dick shit around. there is a race around the island (hawaii) which it takes place in and it takes about an hour with a suped up bike, so the roads are pretty expansive. fun to explore
there are also some pretty sweet cars as have been mentioned, like the aston martin db4 and some cool older cars as well as newer cars and they are supposedly adding more for download every month or something.
i would recommend getting it ONLY if you have online play. sometimes it's just fun to get a "car gang" of hoodlums to just run around at 200+mph and ram into someone driving around. it is lots of fun online but single player is absolutely boring.

posted by  chillin92386

Isn't the flashing of the headlights there to invite others to race you? Just what I heard. Sounds great....:drool:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah, but i say its useless because my 'box wont connect to xbox live:evil:

posted by  True_Brit

Oh, so it's only for online racing?

posted by  Cliffy

No its playable off the internet, people just say its not worth it. Quite frankly I don't buy games with intent to play with some random people over the internet. However, I have played it online and while it is somewhat more amusing than racing A.I. its no more interesting that living in a false reality dreamworld where anyone can own a $1.5 million car.

Yeah sure, its cool to play a realistic car game where you can drive something that feels like a real Ferrari F430, and show a bunch of people online that you have accomplished enough of the game to obtain one. But, in the end it is all just a game.

posted by  DSMer

I see what you're saying, I've never bought a game to play online either, it's just never appealed to me. Maybe this game would, I don't know. As you said though, it's still only a game!

posted by  Cliffy

I'll stick to online and LAN FPS games :thumbs: :mrgreen:

posted by  Inygknok

like what????

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message