More bass

Home  \  Off Topic  \  More bass

Is there any programs to take a song and up the level of bass in it. I would like to know cause I have some songs that I would love to make ummmmmm Bassier.

posted by  Spanky2324

Computer programs you mean?

posted by  Mathew

Winamp has a plugin called "DFX" that allows you to control the bass...It definitely increases the bass.

Unless you meant a program where you add bass to songs that don't already have it?

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah a computer program that would let me alter the bass in some songs.

posted by  Spanky2324

Don't you have equalizer(sp?) settings?

posted by  elchango36

Well yeah of course I have eq's but some old songs I wanted to add bass to. Songs that weren't supposed to have bass you know?

posted by  Spanky2324

new bass lines, or increasing low freq response?

posted by  windsonian

Both. Something just to fool around with

posted by  Spanky2324

i've found it's a little hard to get freeware sound editing software....

look at stuff like N-track or even Google it (http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG: 2006-06,GGLG:en&q=sound+editing+software)

posted by  windsonian

Your options are simply upping the low frequency levels in an equalizer. That's about it.

posted by  67Coronet383

maybe you didn't listen to him, but that's not his only option.

posted by  windsonian

Well unless you have a bass track generated and mix it parallel with the existing track that's all that's left.

posted by  67Coronet383

duh ..... so you didn't listen....

of course he can generate his own.... it's not that difficult. most bass lines are pretty simple progressions of 3 or 4 notes / chords.

posted by  windsonian

As a musician I can tell you that bass is simply relative to the bass note of the chord being played. For instance if a guitar was playing a 2 chord progression through a chorus say G and A powerchords with roots off the low E you'd play 3rd and 5th fret (G and A) on the low E of the bass. Bass is played with notes, not chords.

posted by  67Coronet383

Soundforge by Sonic..worked well for me

posted by  newyorker

you misread bass to mean "electric bass" (sometimes known as bass guitar).

posted by  windsonian

Your Message