Looking for a bargain...Simpsons style

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Looking for a bargain...Simpsons style

Sure are some stupid people in the world:

Shoppers were not deterred by a fire that filled a US store with thick black smoke.

In fact security guards at the shop in Mentor, Ohio, had to block the doors to stop more shoppers entering during the blaze.

"It was amazing," said Mentor Fire Battalion Chief Joe Busher. "Even though there was heavy smoke in there, they all wanted to stay and shop. We even had to put people at the door to keep people from going in."

posted by  Wally

this is To random for off topic It should be in the
RANDOM THREAD
yes, i do have a minor obsession with the random thread lol

posted by  witty gp

:orglaugh: :orglaugh:

Unless they're looting, those people are idiots lol. Please don't judge us based on the actions of those people :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Americans not looting? it's a sign of the apacolypse when we don't steal, cheat and lie! lol

posted by  witty gp

I saw something similar to this on the TV. It happened in the UK, up north somewhere, lol. Some people are addicted to shopping, lol

posted by  Cliffy

I live near one of the largest (if not the largest) mall in the Northeast. Although I wouldn't do what those people did, I can understand it. When going holiday shopping, most people I knoe do it all at once, and set aside an entire day to do it. If you're like me, you also need to get into the mindset before you go. I HATE crowded stores. If you took a day off from work, had some Irish coffee at 5 am to muster up the courage to go to the mall when it opens, and you finally get there and there's some smoke...I can see why some would take there chances.

posted by  giant016

Sounds like Mentor needs a mentor. Ah, the pun. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

Your Message