Frightening Realization

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Frightening Realization

I just had a horrible epiphany. I'm going to that place in Oregon, to that exact same mountain that everyone has been disappearing on, lol. I'm scared! If I don't post for longer than 3 weeks, send the search parties to Mt. Hood, Oregon. I've been assured though, that we are going to the OTHER side of the mountain, so we'll be ok. So they say...

I still threaten to bring a cooler, extra blankets, a heat source, a month of rations (and beer), a GPS, a CB radio, etc.

Has anyone ever been snowboarding over that way? This will be my first time in the West, so I'm looking for pointers, tips, etc.

posted by  97Talonchik

um...have fun and dont die:thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

You could bring a month of supplies, or bring a sheep. Then, if you get lost, you use the wool for a blanket, I think they make milk (or was that a goat? lol), and you can eat it...You'll still need beer though lol.

Have fun though. Take pics!! :mrgreen:

posted by  chris_knows

Have fun dont bust your butt!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

and how do you plan on carrying all that shit? lol

posted by  jackal2000

Jeeves:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

No most sane people tend to stay away from isolated areas where a lot of people have known to disappear at.

posted by  DSMer

*Gets special CF search and Rescue jacket ready*

Have fun and Travel Safe....:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I'm not sane. :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

if your on a ski-hill just follow all signs regarding avalanche, they dont just make the stuff up so you cant ride it, they actually know what they are talking about, make sure your with someone experianced(not in sex but backcountry survival).
and yeah watch for weather systems, carry avi beacons if your in that area, and always go with instinct and gut feelings, if it doesnt feel right, dont do it. better safe than dead. good luck and have fun. if you ever come north theres a couple of great places in the rockies you would love if you like this trip

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Wow. Good luck...

posted by  Bronxie

Your Message