Merry christmas to ME!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Merry christmas to ME!

been waiting since october to get this. group buy we did in the supra forums. there would always be a problem with the fabricator, wether he was lazy or having problems with the design. yet, the guy in charge pulled through with another fab guy that re-designed the brace.

i present to you, the WeezlWings TM, 3rd Generation model.

PS: thanks to CF's gay limit, i had to reduce the picture size (and quality) by quite a noticeable amount.... compared to the originals at least.

posted by  Inygknok

Sweet!!!!:thumbs:

I hope I get enough money for this...
http://weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=17858&cat=455&page=1

posted by  elchango36

thats nice, but isnt it a bit late to be shopping for christmas presents? :smoke:

though, could be fore "Dia de los 3 Reyes Magos" :orglaugh:

posted by  Inygknok

Nice. :thumbs:

What exactly is it for though? lol

posted by  chris_knows

For My christmas its either a viperized tranny, wheels and tires ( C5 Z06 wheels 18x9.5 with 275s and 18x10.5 with 305s not yet sure on tires. Custom colored sportmax 962s 18x9.5 all around with 275s probably KDWs or ZR1s with 275s in front and 315s in the rear with BFG KDs.)
or my turbo kit cant decide if i should do rear or front mount. heheheh

posted by  Enthusiast

It's to stiffen up his chassis. That big hole where his roof goes isn't very supportive when the road gets twisty.

posted by  elchango36

Ohh...gotcha. :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

exactly. just even finished spraying it with wd40 and put it right back into the box. gonna clean it with mineral spirits in january when i start painting it.

posted by  Inygknok

What color you gonna paint it? WHat about powdercoating?

posted by  Enthusiast

i MIGHT powdercoat it.... for the heck of it. though i wanted to paint it myself since i know i can do the job. its going to be white to match the car. best color to make it look stylish.

posted by  Inygknok

But with white it wont look good when you have the targa on (from inside). Maybe someone would photoshop it black and white and some silvers, and maybe some grey colors.

posted by  Enthusiast

cant have the top on at the same time. the brace uses the stock placements for the bolts that hold the top down. in fact, my roof is actually black now, so it actually does even look good with the top on.

posted by  Inygknok

So it's bolted in, right? I had the strangest idea that you were going to weld it in.:screwy:

*edit* NVM, I looked at the pics again, I see where it goes bolted into. However, couldn't you fabricate some type a brackets so that you can bolt it up from the inside, thus allowing you to keep it on even with the top on? Or is the top supportive enough that it makes my idea overkill?

posted by  elchango36

lol, the brace is to support the windshield and part of the chassis while the top is off and stored in the trunk. the brace bolts on to where the top bolts on to. i guess ill take pictures tomorrow of this so u guys will understand how it works. there are 2 bolts up front (u can seriously even see them), and 2 more in teh back, inside.

the top itself is supportive enough when it's on. but there is no support to be given when the top is off (obviously).

if u need pictures of anything in specific, just ask. only takes a few minutes to go downstairs to take pictures.

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message