Queen Con!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Queen Con!

Ok so we done most of our Xmas shopping on ebay this year for the first time. We have a 100% possitive feedback and have sold aswell as bought items. All went to plan, until we decided to buy NFS: Carbon for my brother on the PS2. We ordered it from somebody with excellent feedback and got it for £19 including postage. Cut a long story short, it never turned up, and when we went to view this members feedback again it had dropped from nearly 100%, and eventually turned negative! They also blocked people from seeing what other members had said about them!

Obviously this set alarm bells ringing, and we called the nember we were given. Surprisingly the phone was answered, and the Scot woman said that she's sent the item recorded delivery, which would mean that it's insured. We called Royal Mail and quoted the tracking number, but they didn't recognise it. This is obviously because it doesn't exist....niether does the game I assume! We also checked how much money this member had made on ebay, and shockinly she'd made about £25,000 in four weeks!

Anyway, it would appear, after some digging, that we have become victim of the Nobles.....

Read Me! (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/feed/tm_method=full%26objectid=18321881%2 6siteid=64736-name_page.html)

posted by  Cliffy

Ohh...That sucks. It could have been worse though. Can you get your money back?

posted by  chris_knows

I sure hope you used Paypal. I won't pay for anything through ebay without it!

posted by  97Talonchik

im terribly sorry to hear that cliffy!
i knewsomeone who paid out £35k for a lotus cortina mk1 and only got a lotus replica ford cortina mk1 1.4 and the seller ran away! etc etc, sort of the same story!!
but again, im sorry!

posted by  True_Brit

No, we paid via postal order, but we might have some comeback if Ebay was in the wrong for letting the seller have another account, as they've done it before, as the artical explains. Jamie, a mate of mine's mum bought a new Mini on Ebay for £3,000......she never got it, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Sorry to hear that. A always overhear people saying how crappy ebay is, but with ~100 things bought over the years I've had very few problems. Although, I've always used nothing but Paypal since I got it.

A new Mini for 3000 lbs (or whatever currency you crazy guys use), she should have known it wasn't coming!:laughing:

posted by  giant016

How do people that do that mess think they'll get away with it. Crazy.:screwy: Sorry Cliffy...

posted by  67Coronet383

I'm concerned that she hasn't been arrested for this offence. I mean all the evidence is there! Why, or more appropriately HOW, has she got away with this for so long?

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message