A predicament....

Home  \  Off Topic  \  A predicament....

Ok, you may or may not know that Mr.Slurm has been pestering me to make his Joke thread a sticky, so I thought I'd leave it up to you guys.....By way of a poll! I posted this in the Suggestions forum....but moved it here, it just seemed to fit better.... :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

You are ridiculous for even considering this.

posted by  My Life, My Era

He has been pestering me for a couple of weeks. I thought I'd leave it up to the voting public to decide. I knew it would atract various opinions, which is why it's left up yo you lot, that way I cant be 'attacked' by any undesirables.......infact, I think you are the only one!

posted by  Cliffy

The public doesn't know what it wants.

The public should vote on having my freestyle threads stickied. Those were classic.

I'm the public. I know what I want. I want your freestyles stickied too lol.

As for stickying the jokes, I think yes as long as it's updated pretty often with good jokes.

posted by  chris_knows

he he, thank god im not the only one voting "No"!
sorry!

posted by  True_Brit

Horse goes into a bar, the bartender says "why the long face?"

posted by  Wally

Slurm's jokes and What?'s freestyle are anything but sticky-worthy.

posted by  elchango36

what do you call a man with a shovel on his head?
Doug

posted by  True_Brit

Yo mama's so fat, her blood type's Ragu/she stepped on our dog's tail and we had to rename him "Beaver". lol

posted by  chris_knows

My freestyles are stuff of legend.

My freestyles are timely, consistent, and original. My freestyles are the only time that I may talk about you...which is hard considering how pleasing it is to talk about myself.

Not only do I deserve a sticky, I deserve my own SECTION: "General What"

Someone give me a Key to the FORUM.

One day an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together. They each bought a pint of Guinness. Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage, three flies landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick head. The Englishman pushed his beer away in disgust. The Scotsman fished the fly out of his beer, and continued drinking it, as if nothing had happened. The Irishman, too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer, and started yelling, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT YOU BASTARD!!!!"

What is the difference between an Englishman and his photograph?

The photograph is fully developed!

Yo mama so fat when she steps on a scale, it read "one at a time, please

posted by  True_Brit

Between all the idiots, advertising, and weak (or lack of) moderators, this forum is really going to hell. I can think of five people who should be banned as it is, and 90% of the posts have nothing to do with cars.

The last thing this forum needs is democracy. The forum should be dictated by the owner, and the moderators who he has appointed to ensure that the original intent is kept. Right now that isn't happening, and this thread only confirms that.

posted by  Mathew

Maybe a joke sticky wouldn't be a terrible idea, but those jokes sucked. I think stickies are handed out too often anyways. 200 + posts in a thread before it's even considered a sticky IMHO.

posted by  giant016

You forgot to add the other group of people adding to the "alleged" hell destination of the forum. THE BITCHERS

Forum meltdowns are overrated. "Allegedly" this forum was to have been in hell a long time ago.

Pot, kettle, black. Oh, by the way dimwit. If your going to put this in your signature;

The word is posts. POSTS. As in plural. It makes feel all warm inside to know you're the forum's official self appointed grammar corrector, but you failed third grade spelling.

posted by  vwhobo

What are you reading. Where didn't I say post(s)?

Ow Burn!!

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

A tennis ball walks into a bar and the bartender says " can I serve you?".

posted by  Wally

This is the only living forum anymore really :(

Sticky the god damned jokes.

posted by  Bronxie

Well the odds aren't exactly in his favour at the moment so you needn't worry! I'm concerned about the way you say "weak" Moderators. I have no powers to ban members, which is what it always seems to boil down to, as I have explained too many times already. As for this thread, I can't win really, which is why I posted it. To be honest it was the best move under the circumstances, and the fact that I have left the decision down to everybody here will mean there's no cause for people moaning at a later stage.

If in your post you were referring to Slurm being allowed to stay here, too, I assesed the situation on an individual basis, and I asked what the other Mods thought about it too. We came to the conclusion that one last chance would be given, providing that he was on his best behaviour. I think he's done a reasonable job of it so far.

posted by  Cliffy

My favorite is still: Two men walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

posted by  97Talonchik

Slight variation from the classic:
A man walks into a bar...says ouch!

posted by  giant016

Here's the joke of the day from http://www.jokes.com

Harry, Bill and Steve are sitting at the corner bar enjoying themselves, when Ted walks in looking distressed.

"Ted, you look awful. What's wrong?" Harry asks.

Ted says, "Last night I got really drunk, and then somewhere between here and my house, I was abducted by an alien?"

Everyone is shocked. "I heard about this kind of thing happening!" Bills says. "What did the alien do to you?"

"I don't remeber all the details," Ted says. "All I remember is being anally probed by the alien."

Everyone is horrified. "I heard that they'll do that!" Steve says. "What did the alien look like?"

Ted responds, "Carl."

posted by  chris_knows

Ah, I forgot you can't ban. Anyway, to me, all this "three weeks probation" and "one last chance" stuff is crap. People should just be banned if they deserve to be banned, end of story.

If it was me, I would just go through and say "Oh look, that guy always bitches and never posts anything related to cars, ban". "Oh look, that guy just insulted the moderator, just once, ban". Who gives a crap about giving another chance. Its ridiculous. This isn't bloody slap on the wrist America, where everyone has the freedom to do whatever the hell they want, this is a forum designed for a purpose. Keep it that way.

Anyway, I know its not up to you, but it should be up to someone.

posted by  Mathew

If we got rid of all of the people who don't talk about cars, or swear at mods, we wouldn't have many people left lol...And the ones that were left might stick around for a while to try to get some members unbanned lol...

posted by  chris_knows

A Shetland Pony walks into a bar and asks for a beer. The bartender says "you sound a little hoarse".

posted by  Wally

That deserved a long and drawn out rolling of the eyes.

posted by  Mathew

As Chris said, we wouldn't have many members left if we banned those who insulted Mods and didn't talk about cars. Regarding Probationary periods and 'last chances', I believe that there needs to be a space which occurs before a member is banned, so as to offer them the chance to redeem themselves.

posted by  Cliffy

What do you call a woman with one leg?
- Ilene

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs sitting on your front porch?
- Matt

What do you call a man with no arms and no legs in a pool?
- Bob

A magician was driving down the road..then he turned into a drive way...

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message