porsche cgt owning the public with its exhaust

Home  \  Off Topic  \  porsche cgt owning the public with its exhaust

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8ab09067-c2f4-4e2d-aef5-98b00055ca8d.htm

LOL!!! Make sure you don't miss the blond in the first minute of the video..

That thing is LOUD!

FIXED IT. Sorry.

posted by  Bronxie

Yeah...great one.

posted by  67Coronet383

I concur (didn't work for me either lol)...I couldn't find it after searching either lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Fixed it. Sorry.

posted by  Bronxie

Rotfl. Other than very bad driving that thing sounds almost like an Indy car.:orglaugh:

posted by  67Coronet383

If any of you ever wondered what it's like to be a rich stupid asshole, not necessarily in that order, there is the perfect example. All it takes is one idiot like that to make hundreds (thousands?) of civilians develop a bad attitude about high performance cars. He should be apprehended and have his little tiny balls cut off. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

I wonder what the guy does for a living. He seems really young.

I'm sure it's some socialite-oriented job. I can't see this guy going into a work place and being serious.

posted by  Bronxie

That douche doesn't deserve that amazing machine.

posted by  elchango36

I don't agree with that.

The people won't see the car as bad, but it is the drivers of the cars they will resent and generalize.

Think about it: Do you think any of those people would honestly see a car like that and be like, "I remember this ass hole driving one of those. It's ugly and I don't like it."

I'm sure most of them still desire exotic cars and always will.

posted by  Bronxie

It's a stupid thing to do with an exotic (or any) car, and it does sound nice, especially in the tunnels but IMO it would sound better on the track.

posted by  chris_knows

It sounds like a damn elephant and not in a bad way

posted by  Bronxie

Agreed! I got a pair of rusty scissors that will do the trick

posted by  Voda48

That doesn't surprise me one bit. More of that "not mature enough to have a clue" complex going on. But then you are a citizen of the United States and you have the right to be wrong.

When the vast majority of people see something like that, they say "that asshole" and "those cars". Yes, they realize that it's one person who is responsible in this case because only one person is doing the driving. But THOSE DAMN SPORTS CARS should be made illegal... They're too loud, they're too fast, they kill people. LET'S OUTLAW THEM NOW.

Anybody... ANYBODY that thinks it's funny to scare a family with little kids at a traffic light should be shot on site, including me when I was an immature 16 year old doing it on St Pete Beach. He's old enough to know better, but he probably suffers from the same complex you do.

No need to respond, anything you have to say won't be worth reading.

posted by  vwhobo

I've never seen anybody say that about sports cars. If anything there's more of a feeling like that towards SUVs which people believe are dangerous to other cars and are environmentally unsound, not sports cars.

Bottom line is most of those people you saw who were affected who DID desire sports cars will STILL desire sports cars and approve of them, and the ones who didn't desire them will still not desire them and disapprove of them, so this effect you're talking about isn't really all that existent.

No one will be swayed into a new direction and the status quo will remain.

Fortunately, I'm sure the people who have the power to make a difference in the matter have their own sports cars.

posted by  Bronxie

You really are that ignorant and you really don't get it. The general population does not entirely consist of ill informed teenagers who think they know something about cars and think that the only type of car that anyone could have an interest in is a high performance sports car. People who are even remotely interested in that type of car are by far in the minority. Basically the numbers are exactly the opposite of what you think they are, even with all of your self proclaimed worldly knowledge.

I can safely say that somewhere around 95%+ of the people who were exposed to that ridiculous display where at best offended by it and many were even scared and disgusted by it. I don't care if this doesn't agree with everything you've learned in your 16 years on this planet, it's just the way it is. You are just another imbecile attemting to defend the indefensible. Save your bullsh*t for somebody who cares.

You are wrong. I know it, anyone with a modicum of common sense knows it and I'm pretty sure even you know it. You just aren't man enough yet to admit it. Shut off your computer and go grow some hair on your balls.

posted by  vwhobo

Holy crap you need to chill before you have a heart attack.

1. These people DESIRE THE CARS, meaning they appreciate them and would buy them IF THEY COULD. You're right, the general population CAN'T AFFORD THAT CAR, which might be part of the reason why they don't buy them. I don't think it's true that there is only a small minority interested in these cars, rather that most people can't afford to have them and don't find it practical all the time. ... Just a thought for your obviously malfunctioning brain.

2. What the **** does that have to do with anything I said? I never defended what the guy did or said the people enjoyed it. I wonder if delusions are a result of being so damn old or if you are just a "special" case of mental incapacity.

3. I'm trying to have a tasteful discussion in regards to your first post. If you're that socially incapable that having a simple discussion is beyond you, then why are you on a public forum?

I didn't say anything mindless, I backed up all my claims with solid reasoning, so there's really no reason for you to be such a cranky little dude.

I still love you, though, and there is a place in my heart for you <3

posted by  Bronxie

That car looks sweet!! I would love to be the passenger.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

i like the sound (sort of) but i hate the car!
if it was a SLR, id change my mind!
the sound of it coming out of the tunnel at the end was nice, but WRC rally cars sound better:laughing: much better!

posted by  True_Brit

Just a passenger? Unless it was driven by a pro, to the point where if it were to go any faster and turn sharper the wheels would fall off, I'd rather drive it. lol

posted by  chris_knows

I'm not speaking for the whole world here (obviously!), but I know that if I was eating/drinking and some retard who can't drive to save his life, pulled up revving his engine, I'd be a little pissed off, I might even have thrown a piece of salmon at him. I can relate to what hobo is saying about how powerfull cars are cursed, as it happens all too often in the UK.

posted by  Cliffy

Not only is he old, but he's handicapped. Life has betrayed him so he hates people that live.
Some of you are unrealistic. The guy is having fun with his machine...he's pranking a few people, he didn't kill them are cut their face. I'm sure they've all forgotten about the "scary" moment by the next day.

If I had a Carrera GT, I'd be a very excited man and I'd have all the fun I could in the car...and I'd take excellent care of it.

Douches.

posted by  My Life, My Era

im not moaning! i find the hornblasters pretty good!
train horns for your car! (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1171013797384954189&q=hornblaste rs)
and again (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4910385235732137855&q=hornblaste rs)

posted by  True_Brit

Speaking of a douche. It makes me laugh to hear a little, wannabe, still wet behind the ears dipsh*t talk about me being old, handicapped and betrayed. When you think you've done 10% as many things in your life as I have, let me know... We can compare resumes. Even at my admittedly advanced age I still manage to work my acreage mostly singlehandedly, mountain bike, ride horses, race enduro and race three completely different types of cars and disciplines. In the mean time, you're busy posting your life away on various forums, getting banned and then trying to hijack your way back in. If you want to see someone who's been left behind by life, go visit the closest mirror. Good job.

Someday when you grow up and move out of Mommy's basement, you might have the chance to try catching up. Until then, you'll continue to be an internet nobody who's only form of entertainment/exercise/excitement is maturbating to live feeds of transvetites on your computer. Have fun.

posted by  vwhobo

Hey whats wrong with living in your parents basement? :banghead:

posted by  Voda48

Someone on another forum made a very good point:

He said that if this were a civic or something, we'd all be dissing it and saying how scummy the guy is, but because it's a CGT, some of us are giving praise as if it's acceptable.

I have to agree w/ that...

We may enjoy the sounds of this car, but fact is, most people don't.

posted by  Bronxie

So in other words you just agreed with what I've said all along, just put in a different context. Go ahead, it's just three little words. You can say them if you're man enough.

posted by  vwhobo

I don't know WHY you totally misunderstood my argument.

My argument was SIMPLY about what people think of those cars and what will sway their opinions.

I never defended the guy in any way or disagreed that he was a douche for what he did.

I don't get why you haven't been able to grasp this. I know you're not stupid, so stop acting like it.

posted by  Bronxie

I looked up VRAlexander, guy posting the vid, and found more on him.

He's on 6speedonline and here is him posting a thread and video of him going 200mph.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55394

posted by  Bronxie

He also had a callaway C4 and was INVITED to test drive Bugatti Veyron so I cant hate him to much but I dont like how he revved in front of a baby cause their ears are more sensitive.

I doubt hes that bad of a driver either once one of you have succesfully driven a CGT better than him Ill listen to you, they are extremely hard to drive.

posted by  Enthusiast

And you'd know that because?......:screwy: ...Let me guess, you've driven one....:doh:

posted by  Cliffy

1. Having $$$MONEY$$$ is the prerequisite for being invited for a test drive in one of those cars, not driving talent or ability.

2. This is a direct quote about the Carrera GT from Car and Driver;

"Remember the Acura NSX, the car that brought family-sedan drivability to the supercar ranks? Porsche has done much the same thing here, but with the performance bar raised to a dizzying height."

I can't find the words "extremely hard to drive" anywhere in that passage. Can you?

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message