Would you like to make $50 Million a year?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Would you like to make $50 Million a year?

Would you like to make $50 Million a year? Apparently it isnt unheard of:
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=jo-beckham011107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

posted by  Voda48

Sadly, he is worth it.

He also set the market value for guys like Ronaldo when they come here.

posted by  Bronxie

So english folks: Assess Beckham. Is he really good anymore, or just average at best amongst english players?

I'm sure an average Beckham is still better than most any american player, sadly.

posted by  Bronxie

He pretty good but doesn't deserve that much credit on his football skills alone, he's more popular for other non-football related things and everyone in the far east are crazy about him. Gilette must pay quiet a few for him too.

Now that he's playing for a team in Los Angeles, I don't think we're gonna see much of him playing anymore as football(or soccer as everyone else calls it) over there isn't as half as popular as NFL. Maybe that might change...

Might also be that Victoria Beckam got tired of europe and wanted to live in LA.

posted by  fudge

LOL

LA is the place to be.

Personally I prefer NY but if I was a big star...I think LA brings you more publicity.

posted by  Bronxie

he is known for his car collection too, but not many people know exactly what hes got!!!

posted by  True_Brit

LA is a rather quirky place, although I was only there for 3 days last year it's a HUGE city. Everyone over there looks like they are waiting to be noticed by the film industry - I remebered having lunch at Rodeo Drive in a small coffee shop there was this hot waitress(she sounded european). She's so not going to be working over there for very long:ohcrap:

posted by  fudge

Nope! Can't afford to take a pay cut.

posted by  vwhobo

Too bad the rest of us aren't as fortunate. So how much of $50 mil do you have to donate so that you dont look like a total pompus ass. And how much is too much that you look like you pitty everyone else? Hobo I bet uncle sam take from your deep pockets :wink2:

posted by  Voda48

Your Message