GT4 "Ring" Lap Times

Home  \  Off Topic  \  GT4 "Ring" Lap Times

Guys I discovered the nurburgring on GT4 today and I ran it in my 502hp Mercedes. I managed a 7.48 on my first try. Then I had to leave to meet someone. I was just wonderin what you guys managed. I hate this video game driving, it seems much harder than real life track driving to me but it keeps me sharp. haha. When I get back Im gonna try and hit it with the 800hp Ford GT, 1000hp Vertigo, 500hp RUF boxster, and if nee be the 900hp Camaro. Ill pobst up if I beat my original time.

posted by  Enthusiast

good luck, i got 8:02 in a mercedes CLK-GTR on Project Gotham3 on my 1st attempt

posted by  True_Brit

i pulled off a low 7 something on my zx10r kawasaki factory race bike on tourist trophy at the ring:laughing:

posted by  mazda6man

Bikes are a whole different ball game....usally!

OT:How is TT?....I never got round to getting it!

posted by  Cliffy

aint that the one by the people who make the GT series? Polyphony or something???

posted by  True_Brit

Polyphony Digital. Yes it is, and from what I've seen, it's basically GT on bikes. Same layout and everything! Looks good, I posted about it a while back here at CF!

posted by  Cliffy

yeah, its the exact same game only for bikes. and its rad. yes, i did say rad. better than any other bike game ive played. i may be bias to the gt style games

posted by  mazda6man

shame you cant race the ring in the Toca series!!!

posted by  True_Brit

I will have to dig out my copy of GT4 somewhere. I loved the game but haven't touched it for 6 months since I moved.

posted by  Voda48

oh shame on you:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

i have to buy it again, cuz it got stolen when my house got robbed in az

only reason i still have tt is because i just happened to have it in my nightstand at the time, dont know why, but i think it was a sign... lol

posted by  mazda6man

I think this guy beat all of us, and he had more to lose in my opinion.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3795745c-9723-4795-8ddb-a5332bb35aa8.htm

posted by  Voda48

Haha thats sad i watched that video and I realized I know the WHOLE DAMN track. I recently started playing again for the summer. Me and my brother have a trip planned to go drive the nurburgring. We already have a corrado secured we are just waiting to get out there. My brother went to ireland england scottland and wales and his homestead family was really wealthy and aparently loved him so they set it up for us. Im pumped and I hope I dont wreck, haha thatd be shitty.

posted by  Enthusiast

I ran a 6.01 in my gillet vertigo but I slid off the track BAD once and I got into the wall or dirt 2 or 3 times. I see some 5.50s in my future if i can ever get used to this damn car.

posted by  Enthusiast

that car rocks!!!
powered by a 2.6litre V8 (2 1300cc suzuki hayabusa engines)
with 363bhp and weighes less than 500kgs (i think that excludes the driver???)
http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/9895-113037-1.jpg
but how come there wasnt many cars on the track???

posted by  True_Brit

im assuming everybody here knows to take off all traction aids before racing,

the ENTIRE game is about 6-800% better without the traction control on, I played for a full year without knowing you could take it off :cussing:

but its sweet now

as for my best time, the only time I ever did a whole lap without crashing once was to get the Ia license with that 4 door merc evo race car, I cant remember the time I got though lol

im sure if I tried hard enough id be able to run sub 7 min laps in a few of my "special track cars"

posted by  nighthawk

I always play with the TC off too...It took me a while to figure out how to turn it off too, though. Some cars are pretty much uncontrolable with the TC off though....like the TVR Speed-12...:laughing:

Yup, Manual gears and no TC...That's what it's all about! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Im running an auto now I like it more becuase it lets me focus more on getting the perfect line and speed. When I really learn a track I switch over to usin a manual for the track.

I run all races with TC off except in the Vertigo since it weighs less than an elise and has 1008 hp and the Cadillac Cien as it has 1100hp. Well most off my cars that have over 750 hp are run with tc on. My favorite car would have to be my vanquish or my motorsport elise which I can run the hell out of with TC off.

posted by  Enthusiast

my nurb times were under 6 mins with one of the benz and the formula 1. took me about 2 weeks to set the formula one to be able to handle the corners and bumps smoothly without making it spin. tried a few times with a friend to draft him and get faster times, but it was hard for him to keep up (i know the course by memory from all the times i have played it non-stop).

but we sold our copy of GT4, so i cant go check.

posted by  Inygknok

My Cadillac cien only has 970 hp. What did you do diff to your to get that?

I wonder what kind of waiver you wil lahvbe to sign

posted by  Voda48

Well the boost of hp of my cien I think came from getting the oil changed.
If you get the oilchanged on any car on GT4 before you do anythig to it you will gain some horsepower. The cien may not be 1100, ill go check, but I do know its over 1000hp.

About the trip to the ring. Last time I checked you would pay to get on and if you wrecked you had to pay for the peice of the fence/guardrail thing you hurt. And apparently its very expensive.

posted by  Enthusiast

i would be surprised if it wasnt expensive. you know how many people must have crashed into them already?

posted by  Inygknok

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but seeing as how I'm done with finals, I decided to have a crack at it myself. My best time was with a Zonda C12S 7.3 (stock except for soft racing tires) in 6'46".693 ! I'm gonna be chasing this personal record now for quite some time. :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

Your Message