Continuing the arqument...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Continuing the arqument...

How about this: You can. Heat can produce small ammount of electricity.
Also, I didn't say the electrical spark was heat. I was saying it was converted to heat when it jumped the gap. (most of it)

posted by  DodgeRida67

I'm sure most of you agree: Energy is not created or distroyed, it is converted. Agree? Alright we might have a start.

The electrical energy that jumps the gap lessens ALOT in voltage once it's jumped. Since energy is not distroyed, where did it go? What did it convert to? Heat maybe :hi:

posted by  DodgeRida67

are you talking about heat for keeping the engine combustion going? cuz if so, there is a thing called diesle tell me if im wrong... im not tony hawk pro dielsle expert or anything. if thats not what youre are talking, please specify

posted by  mazda6man

<<< is lost

posted by  SuperJew

im just about there my self... i dont quite know what hes talking aboot, i have an idea, ...but egh...

posted by  mazda6man

Engery can neither be created or distroyed.. But what is the point you are trying to make..? :smoke: Is anyone still arguing with you...? :screwy:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

would it be possible to be pointed to the original arguement to get an idea of whats going on?

posted by  mazda6man

<<< Not lost, but refuse to beat this dog any longer.

posted by  lectroid

There was an argument about whether or not electricity created heat.. :screwy: .. The simple answer is yes.. It does, whether in a wire or in the air, so long as there is resistance heat will be created, but more heat will be created by it traveling through the air dure to higher resistance.. :mrgreen:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Have any of Ya'll ever put 10+ amps through a 24 guage wire? The insulation melts and wire becomes red hot, lots of heat created. Air is a very poor conductor, and its like putting a lot of energy through a VERY small wire. So yes, it creates heat, but the electricity to the spark plug has relatively small wattage, very high voltage, almost no current. high voltage does not cause heat, high current does. So yes, it does create heat, but not a significant amount. If you took a spark plug out of the cylender, and ran several sparks through it, it would not get notciably warm. And more of the energy is probably converted to light rather than heat. Moreover, heat of the plug is NOT what causes the fuel mixture to ignite, and the heat created by the spark plug is so miniscule to the amount of heat created by the combusted fuel mixture. If you pictured (metaphorically) Niagra Falls being a cylender, and the water was heat. The waterfalls in would be the heat of the combustion, the heat from from the spark plug would be equivilant to about an eye dropper.

posted by  GhettoTaurus

I'm with you Lectroid..I know exactly what the argument is about, and if you ask me, DodgeRida's just attention seeking...nuff said.....

posted by  Cliffy

...yeah, this is a pretty retarded and pointless thread... i could really careless about how much electricity heat puts out... unless i should, someone tell me please

posted by  mazda6man

I now see why you opened this new thread DodgeRida..because your last failed attempt to continue arguing was closed..So, I'm closing this one, feel free to PM me if you have any probs, thanx :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message