****in Rights Doggie!!!!!!!!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  ****in Rights Doggie!!!!!!!!

I am now a Car Salesmen.

YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Congrats! Any specific make lol?

posted by  chris_knows

Read the name ;)

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep...**** I can't wait until I get my hands on the demo's...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Oh...I picture everyone in Saskatchewan as cowboys, so I thought that's just how you guys talked there :laughing:.

Nice, when do you start?

posted by  chris_knows

Technically I start Feb 1st, but I'll be at their giant sale a few days before then to sort of learn the ropes and what not...then I get to help move all the vehicles back, not just to my dealership, the guy owns like 8 dealerships...every major manufacturer basically. There's some 600 cars there at the sale right now.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Congrats!

posted by  giant016

Congrats! Is the role more comminsion based than 'flat rate of pay' based? Or the other way around? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

congrats, im seriously considering doing that when I graduate for a few years and see how it goes

keep us updated on the different cars you drive :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  nighthawk

have fun, its a tough business but as long as you do everything they tell you to do you should be alright

posted by  mazda6man

1400 a month wage + comission to start, goes up depending on how well I perform.

Bosses seem to be pretty cool, very straightforward with me, which I definitely appreciate. I'm a very face-to-face kind of guy, so it will be good.

Everyone I know tells me that I'll be good at it lmao!

I guess my love for Dodge will really help me at this dealership too :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

I find nothing worse at dealerships than a salesman who doesnt know his stuff, soo read all the bookes highlighting all specs and models and options because chances are with google 80% of your customers have already reseached what they want you just be nice and tell them exactly what they wanna hear and not push a sale, i could be worng but just talkin from customer perspective KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOUR SELLING!

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Like I said, my love for Dodge will help me out greatly. I already know about most of the current lineup, especially the trucks(because I'm looking at buying one in the next six months or so), and know most of the lineup decently, so it won't take me much to know everything that I'll possibly need to know about the vehicles, plus I know I'll have to know the vehicles inside and out, including how they drive and handle(definitely going to demo most of them over the next while).

It will also depend on who I'm selling to, because if you think about it, each age demographic will have different interests(power, looks, safety, luxury)

posted by  dodgerforlife

so true, last year a salesman in a pontiac dealership was pretty sure the solstice GXP's were going to have supercharged v6's :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Just thought I would give you guys an update....day two on the job, haven't started to sell yet, still at the giant indoor sale for another day, but I've been playing with some very nice cars...I have to be careful to not drool on them sometimes haha! It's great being there, some of the cars get drained batteries from having so many people in and out of them and playing with things in them.... as well as just moving them around as they get test driven and just left in the aisles or moved as others are sold...

So far I've gotten to drive:

-2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT(only had 14kms on the odomter)
-2007 BMW 335i Coupe
-2007 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
-2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
-2005 Mustang GT
-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Along with a pissload of other cheaper vehicles...no need to note really...

Man I love it.

EDIT: Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to take the Acura RSX Type-S A-Spec out for a rip....there's only 10 in Canada, and we have one of them :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message