Media Player problems...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Media Player problems...

I just downloaded an updated Windows Media Player and it looks better than the old one, however, It's giving me problems. I went to add some music to the MP3 player just now and it keeps giving me some sort of error message when ever I go to Synchronise. Also, the player keeps on crashing and this box keeps popping up that says 'running' or something. Maybe its just having a few teething problems, I don't know. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanx in advance! :doh:

posted by  Cliffy

what version is it

posted by  salimander13

11 I believe. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Ok, I rolled back to MP10 and now the MP3 player wont connect...I went to add/remove programs but there's no listing even there! Any Ideas? apparently it's still installed ok....Thanx for any pending advice guys!

posted by  Cliffy

did your mp3 player have a disk that needs to be installed first. Worst things worse is if you can solve the problem assuming you havn't downloaded mass loads of information in the past few days. Just do a system restore and try it again. Thats what happened to mine, I did a system restore of 2 days and it was back to normal.

posted by  salimander13

Thanks. I assume by system restore you mean clearing everything from the hard drive, which means starting again as far as all the software on the PC goes?

posted by  Cliffy

Ok, I am reviving this because Media Player is messing with my head again! I am wanting to synchronise some tracks to my MP3 player again (different MP3 player, but I have put stuff on it before so I know it works!) and Media Player keepson giving me an error message that says the following...

Also what I have noticed is that when ever I connect the device via USB cable to the computer I am given what appears to be the initial setup wizard type thing, and if I press cancel I am showed the 'removable disk' page...Any ideas guys? Thanx!

Also, as far as I remember, this error message is different from the last one I received.

posted by  Cliffy

not really sure what is going on right now, but when you install media player 11 it installs special components that a normal add/remove doesn't get rid of. google what to use to get rid of it totally. I still use media player 10, 11 goofed up on me too.

but for your new problem, did you load in the program cd it came with?

posted by  pocko5000

As I understand Media Player 11 has more codecs which is a part of media player installation package.

posted by  sergen1976

I installed the MP3 player correctly.....It's only now that it's started to play up so to speak. I re-installed Media Player to my computer and that didn't affect it. Maybe I'll re-install my MP3 player?

Thanx for the responses guys!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message