A frightening wake up call?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  A frightening wake up call?

I heard today that a letter bomb had exploded in London. Although not too severe, it could be a wake up call for everybody to me more vigilant, especially given that office post rooms have X-ray machines for a reason! I'm assuming it exploded on opening, which raises the question as to whether it was scanned first....It happened in a Government building which deals with the Congestion charge amonst other things. Here's the article!

BBC News 24 (http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2064865,00.html)

posted by  Cliffy

It doesn't sound very serious, but people should be a bit more careful.

There was a bomb scare in Boston, but it turned out that it was just an advertising gimmick for "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I'm ashamed of being located near Boston after that. For the most part its a cool city.

posted by  giant016

I think the company's paying $2 Million to the city though lol.

I think everyone's too scared of terrorist attacks, so everything seems like one (like the New York gas thing lol), but then you see what happened in Britain and realize that we need to be careful in certain areas. What's with all these mixed signals? lol

posted by  chris_knows

My first thoughts were some Paki or Arab, but then there's the masters of the art across the Irish sea too (the same people that naive Americans love to claim ancestoral linkage and donate money to).

posted by  Wally

The day that scare happened there was also three other real bomb threats, including a couple fake pipe bombs found in a local hospital. A suspect had been seen leaving the area of the pipe bomb in an agitated state stating, "God is warning you that today is going to be a sad Day." So, to be fair, there was a lot more at stake than that advertising gimmick. PLUS on the same day was a bomb scare in New York and a bomb scare on the Washington DC Metro.

posted by  ChrisV

I never heard about those...I guess it wouldn't make for such a humorous story then lol.

If we didn't hear about those threats, does that mean that there are tons of (bomb) threats that aren't largely mentioned?

posted by  chris_knows

There was another similar attack today, on a similar building, this time they were said to have dealings with speed cameras...Maybe it's an angry motorist? :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

now its the DVLA hq in swansea (to people who dont know what the DVLA are, they are the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency!)

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message