Americans are NOT stupid :)

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Americans are NOT stupid :)

This (http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gSfSsCpR/Why_People_Believe_Americans_Are_Stupi d) is pretty funny....no offence to you yanks :thumbs:

"Name a country that starts with a U."

"Uh...Utopia?"

posted by  Mathew

I could of sworn I posted this not too long ago. :laughing:

still funny though hahaha

posted by  GreekWarrior

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=25986 :doh:

posted by  salimander13

Sorry! Someone just sent me the link...had not seen it here previously.

posted by  Mathew

:laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

:laughing: dont mean to offend but are they taught geography???

posted by  True_Brit

A country is always judged by it's idiots.

posted by  Godlaus

I am too ashamed to even watch.

Sigh.

posted by  Bronxie

Our idiots are better than your idiots.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

Our idiots can't figure out how the answer to this question:

Bucket A has 2 gallons of water
Bucket B has 5 gallons of water

How many Buckets do you have?

posted by  Godlaus

7...What's so hard about that?

:laughing: JP

posted by  chris_knows

7 gallons worth of buckets

posted by  Wally

is the answer C?

posted by  GreekWarrior

oh lord

posted by  newyorker

What? Were you one of the people they talked to?

God damn it, newyorker, go to school.

posted by  Bronxie

As a matter of fact, I am in school, and not some thick brick. Take your paid porsche and take a walk, cause I wasnt talkin to you you twit. Why not show some actual KNOWLEDGE, and comment in my thread on sway bars. Here you go

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=233712#post233712

posted by  newyorker

Community college is NOT school. Sorry.

posted by  Godlaus

while i rarely agree with newyorker ... this is a very prejudicial "my school's better than yours" view ..... i thought yours sucked ...?

posted by  windsonian

I beg to differ. Community college is very much like traditional (if not better IMHO) because they have fewer students and can offer more one on one teaching whereas a traditional Univerisity is crammed with 200+ students per class. With class sizes like that, you are lucky to even talk to your professor.

I am a firm believer that in order to succeed in life, you need a solid foundation to build on. A Community college can give you that foundation.

I say this because I am in a Community College. To say that it is not a school is unequivically the most ludacris thing I have ever heard you say (in a matter of speaking of course). Perhaps you should consider a different field of study if you are going to be so bias over something such as this.

posted by  97Talonchik

hehe .... while i agree with your point (for all i know of your education system), i couldn't let this one go. Do they teach in community college how to spell like rappers? It's not that ludicrous .... :mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

My daughter tried the "it's not school dad, it's Uni" nonsense on me once. I reminded her that she was there to be educated and schooled, not to put dibs on herself as some sought of elitist. A few degrees later she now refers to it a school.

Ask most Doctors around the world where they received their formal education and they will say XYZ School of Medicine. Ask an engineer and it will be XYZ School of Engineering. etc. etc.

posted by  Wally

1. I'm not trying to insult your community college. I'm taking pot shots at NewYorker. Had I been trying to make a rational argument, I would have said: "Your community college is not a school compared to university colleges. We may both be in school, but one of us is truly in college.

2. Community College does not compare to 99% of Universities. I have NEVER had an issue with talking with any of my professors. And even if I did, the university has a huge supprt system to help me with any problem that I need. I have 10 graduate students, and hundreds of other students all at my disposal if I need help. My Chemistry class consists of 500 people. I have no issue talking to my Prof. As a matter of fact, I fired off a e-mail earlier today, and I got an answer in half an hour.

3. The main reason why I don't consider community colleges a college, is because if you and I both go for a BS in Medical technologies, only one of us will get it at our current schools.

4. You don't need to experience the foundation either. You just need to know about it and comprehensively understand it. If this were true, then all CEOs would have to work their way up the ranks from the bottom. Only system I know of that works like that is pyramid schemes.
-------------
Nothing personal, Talon.

posted by  Godlaus

My old school. My current school is one of the best in the nation. And for the the degree I'm pursuing, it's the best Medical school in the nation for me.

Sorry. When it comes to the University of Washington compared to Bucks County Community College, guess what one wins in 99% of categories?

Ps. You can't get a Bachelor's degree at BCCC, NY.

posted by  Godlaus

Actually its in Pennsylvania, right outside of Philadelphia...because thats where I live. Congratulations to you on going to the best school in the nation for your degree, there is nothing wrong with that, but being a pompous ass about it isnt cool at all. A lot of people who came out of my school are well known around the world, I just cant recall who they are because they mentioned them at orientation over 6 months ago. My school is one of, if not the best community college in the area. My biggest class is 20 students, teachers know EXACTLY what they are talking about, and the workload is not insane.

posted by  newyorker

Is that a thought you use to make yourself feel smarter, or try to make others feel stupid. And after saying this, you will still prance around here talking shit I bet.

posted by  newyorker

It was a joke, air-head. No need to get all insecure :D

Generalizing Community Colleges is stupid. Some are good schools, and many kids go there because they screwed up in HS or because they want to remove the BS classes out of the way while paying a considerably cheaper amount than they would at a University. Either way, don't pass judgement.

posted by  Bronxie

I am going to Community College at present to get my A.S. degree, then will transfer to the Uni for the B.S. and then on to Medical school, depending on how long it takes me to get there, lol. It's definitely not easy working a career and trying to take a full course load. Very demanding.

As far as my ludicrous comment, don't make me come over there Windsonian. Between work and school, I'm on the clock around 95 hours a week. My brain is in sensory overload most of the time. :laughing:

I hope one day to be a great doctor, and I will strive for it. In reality, most people don't give a rats ass where you got your education as long as you know what you're doing and can effectively treat their problem. I for one, couldn't tell you where my family doctor got her degree.

Godlaus, no offense taken. It just came across that you didn't think anyone in Community college was actually in college. There are some great Universities out there, but there are also some awesome Community Colleges as well. If I can pay half as much as you for learning the same information, I'm sure as hell going to do it! As with anything, it depends on the person trying to retain the information and applying it to real life. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

Thoes Texas dumbasses make the south look good.:doh: :banghead:

posted by  greg985

Ditto on the doctor comment. You and I are both on the Pre-med Course. The only thing I have to disagree with you on is where or not people care what college you went to for medical education.

When families are looking for a GP for their children, they don't just pick the one closest, they choose them by looking at their experience, lawsuits, college, history, etc. etc. When it comes down to Hopkins vs the University of Alabama, Hopkins always makes a better impression.
---------------

You know, when I wrote out the last line of my post, and used your initials instead of your username, I almost thought of editing it, but I let it be, because I figured even you wouldn't be that much of an idiot.

You don't understand. You put yourself in the same league as me when you said that you're going to school. I do not want to be in any same league as you. Unfortunately, we're stuck in the same one as carbon-based, but that's as far as the line goes. By the way; Bronxie's original comment went straight over your head, but that's not new news, is it? All of this is stemming from your idiotic confusion and doing that annoying thing of opening your mouth/typing into a keyboard.

Graduates are well known around the world, but you can't recall them? Okay. You just lost all credibility, and I doubt that they're very important. Give me some names.

The teachers know exactly what they're talking about? You really are an idiot, aren't you? How would you know what they're talking about unless you already know everything about what they're teaching? What you're trying to say is that they are extremely good at appearing that they know what they're talking about, or come well prepared.
---------
Now, you're asking yourself, or you already have, or will: "What is it that Godlaus wants from me?" And here's your answer: I want you to show some humility. I want you to answer all posts directed at you. I want you to admit to your faults. That's what I ask. And guess what? If you do all of that: I'll not only lay off of you, but I'll do whatever (civily) you ask of me.

posted by  Godlaus

Somehow, I shoulda known that you weren't going to reply to this thread.

posted by  Godlaus

The teachers can answer any question thrown at them, even if its related to another class. If it bothers you so much being in the same league as me, off yourself. When I am wrong, I will admit it, but me going to community college is not a fault, its a choice. www.bucks.edu

Maybe you will find some names there, but I dont remember them.

posted by  newyorker

Once again, you skip over eveything I ask of you, or direct at you, and incorrectly answre one question I asked.

1. They answer any question thrown at them. Once again; how do you know what they're telling is true unless you already know everything that they say? And besides, at that level of education, they'd better know everything there is to know. Now show me some research that they've done, and I'll be happy.

2. You put yourself in the same league as me. Because you're the lower class, you have to pull yourself. Not me.

3. You rarely admit to your faults. You just ignore posts. You disagree? Should I bring up a list of URLs for you to see?

4. And BS on going to community college is a choice. It's merely a lack on options that are your fault. Why woudl you ever want to go to a commnity college at our age? Don't you dare say money, because you drive a newish civic, and are constantly throwing on upgrades. Plus, if you were half as smart as you put yourself up to be; then you'd be able to get yourself some scholarships. Seriously, how hard is it to be able to make 12 grand a year?

5. I checked out your college's website just to make sure that you can't get a Bachlor's there, and to look for your fictitous alumni. There's nothing on there about famous Alumni. I don't even know why I'm looking. You're the one making the claim, now back it up.
--------------
I gave you an exit strategy, either follow it, or keep on having me up your ass.

posted by  Godlaus

So teachers need to have done research before they can impart knowledge? :roll: And they'd better know everything? You must have some God-like teachers. Don't spin the crap about "at that level of education" either, because regardless of education "level", students can ask the same curly questions.

Up yourself much? Claiming higher class hints to me a lack of maturity and perhaps lack of confidence about your place in a greater society (not just your immediate one.

Also, not sure if you got his meaning.

Couldn't agree more with this one.

Why are your academic choices the best? You're passing your opinion off as fact.

Did he claim that he could get a Bachelor at his school? If so, I missed it, so can you point it out. If not, you obviously just mentioned it here to try and further put down the school. This stems from your belief that only the schools with the reputation are any "good". Ooh, you can't get a Bachelor there. Not like my school. Na na na na na, I must be better than you. Please. A school is merely a place to impart or absorb knowledge.
I do like to jokingly adopt an elitist attitude about it, as i went to the most traditional uni in QLD. While the others have just as good "reputations", particularly in engineering, it's a common held belief that students from ours have the chip on the shoulder. Realistically though, sandstone buildings don't make you smarter.

I quite like that scene in Good Will Hunting in the bar. The uni student's only comeback is "yeah, but I'll have a job". He's basing his employability entirely on his school, not his schooling. If employability is the only point you're trying to make with your med school being the best in the country, then fair enough, but if you're trying to say that you must be better educated because of this school, then I think you're kidding yourself.

Please don't get me wrong. I understand that different schools might teach different things better, but there's no need to take an "I'm better than you because of my school" attitude, because even at your school, most of what you learn will come from a book.

posted by  windsonian

Ouch those people are idiots! But let's keep it real there are morons every where in the world!

posted by  MakeItRain

Godlaus, shut up.
----------------------

You know what I find funny? Some of you will apply for jobs someday and won't get hired because of your internet personalities. Nowadays, employers will search Myspace, Facebook, and other places where they can find out about your personality. I have your picture Godlaus...good luck on your interviews.

Why does Godlaus spend so much time on NewYorker? Besides myself, no one deserves such dedication.

I am the sh*t.

posted by  What

Prospective employers use the internet to find out about you these days? Well, atleast I know I'm guarenteed employment until I retire, lol. And Windman, well said!

posted by  Cliffy

Would any of the members on here like to make posts of recommendation about me? :laughing:

I knew employers would google people, but actually MySpace and Facebook and stuff? I can see why though.

posted by  chris_knows

Sure. And that makes sense that teachers don't know everything. But I expect them to at the foundation classes they're teaching.

I have no problem with the teachers. The only problem I have is with NewYorker. I'm not making statements against community colleges, teachers, or other members. I'm only taking pot schots at newyorker, because few people can try my patience like him.

at "at the level", I mean at that course level.

See above. I'm downing NewYorker. Not upping myself, or downing others. You guys are getting way too offended for something that doesn't involve you.

I worded that passage very carefully in case NY was to try and pick it apart. I said:
"And for the the degree I'm pursuing, it's the best Medical school in the nation for me."
And that's not opinion, it's fact.

It's on his myspace.

Once again, you guys are all taking waaaay too much offense for something that wasn't supposed to be an argumentitive point, but just a way for me to take pot shots at NewYorker. I even admitted why I was doing this, and I told NY how to stop it.

In general, they do. They just don't make you more intelligent. That scale is up to us to figure out.

The point that Will Hunting in tha movie was trying to make, was that with all of his schooling, Will knew everything that he did by buying a $10 book. And the only reason he did that was because the kid was cock-blocking Ben Affleck.

I'm not saying that I must be better educated because of this school, I'm asking that if both of us were to take full advantage of our educational systems, who would come out ahead?

Maybe, but atleast I won't be un-original :mrgreen:

--------------
I hate NewYorker. And until he does as I've blatantly asked, I'm going to take pot shots at him for every little thing that he does. It's nothing personal or supposed offensive against any other class/race/person/college/group. It's just me vs NewYorker. That's it.
--------------
I like you Windsonian, just don't get me wrong on why it is that I'm doing this, because I don't want to be on your bad graces.

posted by  Godlaus

1. Nothing online correlates to my personal self. (lest, not that I'm immediately aware of). So, nothing can be back-tracked to me by someone I don't know, without some extremely hard work, and some inside info, which a company will never go through just to discover my personality that they didn't see at my interview. And even if they did, that'd be the person I am at home, not who I am at work.

I'm a ****ing car salesman. I can talk myself into, or out of anything. You don't scare me, 'what'.

2. You have my photo. Go you.

3. Why do I spend so much time on NY? Because I hate him. Plain and simple.

posted by  Godlaus

very sketchy stuff. A couple of issues have been reported of it, but it's not widespread.

posted by  Godlaus

Jesus Christ son, this IS the f*cking internet. There is no reason for you to give 3 consecutive posts worth of f*ck about anything. You aren't some type of pussy, ARE YOU!

Let me break it down how I break it down during interviews:

You come into my office for an interview, raise your hand to greet me...I'll tell you to "have a seat" while ignoring your hand because I'm "caught up" in your files in front of me...I'm powerful bitch and I'm letting you know it. You will tell me everything I want to know AND I WILL ASK. I do not make my intentions a secret....."How familiar are you with the internet? You got a MYSPACE account and sh*t? Visit it often? Write it down for me so I can see what you got on there, get to know you better." BAM!! I'm all in your f*ckin' sh*t.

I give your info to my teenage intern and she tells me that your name is not Julian, and you go by the alias "Godlaus"....google search "Godlaus", first thing pops up is some Car-Forums profile...

2nd interview....if you f*cking get one...

"My intern knows you! Yeah...she tells me you look down on Community Colleges...this true?...hope not...my mother graduated from a Community College........we'll let you know when we make our decision......"

This is a mild example. I get pretty intense because it's fun, and I want to see how well you do under pressure.

posted by  What

Hmmm...Lemme consider everything you got wrong in your post. First of all, my name IS Julian. Sceondly, I'll be applying for an GP intern position, not something cubicle. I'm sure you have a steady job, because you're an intelligent guy, but I'm also positive I won't be applying for a job under you.

W: "Write down your myspace for me."
J: "Sure. It'll be pointless though, because it's now private, and I haven't touched it since pre-med. It's just that getting all those As and letter of recommendations in med school didnt really leave me with any myspace time."

Hospitals are running short on doctors, 'What', I'm not running for governor.
--------------
Don't **** with me.

Whatever happenned to; "I began to realise that I was creating an intimidating, negative image. I want to change. So I'm apologizing to everyone I could have possibly offended."

posted by  Godlaus

touche'

Unlike you vs NY, my posts are not personal (at least I try to make them not personal :mrgreen: ). You are not in my bad graces, I merely disagreed with some of your points. I would expect you to debate with me if you disagreed with me too.

.... until next time.....

posted by  windsonian

Hate is a very strong emotion....You shouldn't hate people who you don't interact with on a face to face basis...it's not healthy, lol. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

GP= General Practice? No? I thought you were going for Psychiatry?

posted by  97Talonchik

I'm reading a book (well actually, it's an audiobook lol) called "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I'd recommend it to everyone, but it's taught me something. I will now end this feud between Godlaus and Newyorker.

Godlaus, what is the original thing that caused you to hate Newyorker? What do you expect of him? You put so much effort into talking down to him that you have stooped to Newyorker's level in your own perception. Talking down to someone will never get anything achieved. You're a smart, hard-working guy. That's not the way to make him admit something. What do you want Newyorker to say? I'll bet you that I can make him do it.

posted by  chris_knows

speaking of psychiatry :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

Not too much. Basically, to get what you want from people, ask them questions about themselves (people like to talk about each other), compliment them (not flattery, but genuine compliments) and be sincere lol. I'm only done the first 3 of 8ths from the book though lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Change of plan. The customer service aspect of psychiatry didn't hold my interest. GP it is.

posted by  Godlaus

Well, good luck on the General Practice route.

posted by  97Talonchik

Your Message