Who could I possibly have pissed off?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Who could I possibly have pissed off?

Ok, I made a slightly worrying discovery today. I went to the Post Office this morning to "dispose" of some eBay stuff that we sold, and on the way home the car started making an additional clicking noise, I put this down to the lower arms that I will get round to replacing asap. I thought nothing else of it as I was going to visit my good friend who has a Garage this evening anyway. So, long story short, we took the car on a road test and it got increasinly worse, especially when turning right (it was coming from the N/S/F wheel btw). I thought whilst on the test that it felt as though the wheel was going to fall off, and it became quite a worry as the seeminly never ending 10-minute journey progressed.

We got back to the garage and I went to check the wheel nuts as this seemed the instinctive thing to do. Anyway, low and behold, all four were loose....and I mean "finger" loose. Now I know that they weren't like this before, and wheel nuts don't come loose by themselves, or I've never known them to. So this leaves one more possibility. Sabotage. I can't think of anybody that knows where I live who I have annoyed recently, but this is obviously quite worrying, as the brake lines etc could be next. I think I'll be thoroughly checking the car out in future, before driving off. I was just aswell the garage was at the end of the road, and that's the only place I had to go to, as if we'd gone alot further, I might not have been here now!

posted by  Cliffy

My only suggestion: get your wife something really nice for Valentine's Day. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Yes....and maybe I should take the wheel brace back to the shops....wouldn't wanna provoke her in future :ohcrap: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Only one logical answer as to who the saboteur is. vwhobo.

Have you pissed anybody off recently? If something happens again, or even now, get a webcam for like $20, take off the IR filter, buy some IR lights (plenty of websites explain how to do it, it's pretty easy) and hook it up to your laptop.

The IR lights are invisible to the naked eye, but the camera can pick it up, so it looks like a real light while the person has no clue.

posted by  chris_knows

And then we will assign the latest noob to watch your car all day long. It'll be like hazeing.

posted by  StiMan

did you have any work done on the car recently? maybe someone was trying to steal your wheel and you scared em off bfore they scored the free gear.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I had tyres put on months ago, but they done the wheels up ok, and torqued them. As for the webcam, it sounds like a good idea, lol....:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

That could be more fun, but I was thinking that he could use a motion-detection program instead, because 8 hours of video take up a lot of space lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Sounds like you crossed a chinaman:wink2:

posted by  Wally

Nah, cuz then the bolts wouldn't be loose. half would be gone, and it'd be on a block.

Methinks that if you haven't done anything to piss anyone off, then it's some angry teenagers.

posted by  Godlaus

The thing is, it obviously wasn't just an impulse thing...likw mindless vandalism. I mean it would take a certain amount of thought to do this, afteral, people tend not to carry a wheel brace or similar around with them when they go down the pub! :ohcrap:

I went out in the car this morning again, and my wheels didn't falkl off and my brakes still work....so that's something I guess, lol

posted by  Cliffy

Sorry, Clifford, I wanted to let you know how I feel about you.

posted by  Bronxie

look... cliffy... my man... my english brother... take it from the hispanic guy, ok? just come clean to your wife. tell her your gay. stop lying to her. no no no, its ok, its ok. need a shoulder to cry on? you can have bronxie's.

hehehe. im just messing with ya. i did it, and i next time i will take off the nuts for good!

maybe it was a really bad prank by some of the local kids? or maybe a neighbor of yours that probably has something against you without you even knowing about it? i dont know man, but envy is a pretty powerful thing.

posted by  Inygknok

Thats what I originally thought too, but then i realized that all cars come equipped with a tire iron.

posted by  Godlaus

Is that the equivelent of a wheel brace? lol.

Inythingy, I know you're kidding...just remember, you and I could have been so good together....knowing that you took the law into your own hands with my car though...I don't think I could ever forgive you.....:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I thought you liked the bad boys :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Have you checked to make sure one of your bolts aren't stripped? That could cause the wheel to wobble a bit loosening the others...or the lugnut could have been crossthreaded. Just a thought? Perhaps you sabotaged yourself just so you could write this thread...hmmm. :ticking:

posted by  97Talonchik

No...it wasn'r me who done it, lol. The wheel has been retorqued so all the nuts are okay. It was the only wheel without a wheel trim that was loosened....I tried to fiddle with the other wheels today, and all the other nuts are harder to get to because of the restricted access of the wheel covers...More than a mere coincidence, me thinks....:ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

i would chock it up to someone trying to steal the tires sorry to burst your bubble cliffy but your probably not a hated person as much as you would like to be, and godlaus not all cars come equppied with a tire iron, they should, but not all cars come equipped with a spare either.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I really don't want to be a hated person....I really don't know why you would think otherwise. :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

but you're so hate-able :mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

Love you, too, windman :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

oi. i'm puerto rican, i was born bad :smoke:

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message