9/11.....The truth?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  9/11.....The truth?

I watched a documentary earlier regarding the attacks on the Twin Towers. I always knew that some people/experts were trying to proove that it was a Government conspiricy and that it wasn't really a terrorist attack in the form that it was first assumed. I'm really not sure what to think, although the thought of a conspiricy does seem rather far fetched, and more Hollywood like than real life. On watching the program I could see where people were getting their ideas, and how they would think it was a conspiricy. What threw me a little was when they showed the buildings collapsing, and what appeared to be lots of individual explosions, as you'd expect in a controlled situation. The buildings also appeared to fall as the would when professionaly dimolished. I also couldn't believe how poor the CCTV footage was from the Pentagon, I mean, it's a high security Government building, and all that can be discribed of the footage was that it was 'blurry', I've seen better on trains...:screwy: I also fail to see why the footage was enhanced as it was only just eligable.

It just seems that there are alot of holes in the occurences of the 9/11 attacks. This thread is going to be quite controvercial I think.....but it'll certainly shed some light on a few things, I'm sure (maybe I missed some important stuff?). Discuss! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I hate it when people try to say that there was some form of a conspiracy regarding 9/11. The reason why the WTC Towers fell as they did was simply because they were designed to do so. When the engineers/ architects built them they put into their plans various precautions (even some that made the towers capable of withstanding a aircraft hit from a commercial jet by contemporary standards). One of them was to make it so that if the buildings were to collapse they would fall in a "T" so that the smallest amount of damage to surrounding structures would occur.

Anyone who thinks that the government would have allowed this to happen if they had full knowledge of it (i.e. conspiracy) has no idea what he/she is talking about. A part of any real American died that day.

:2cents:

posted by  StiMan

I understand about the way in which the buildings fell, it was the explosions that got me. Having said that, there was an explanation regarding this, too. As I said, sounded too far fatched, but then alot of the arguments people were puting accross were very convincing too. :2cents:

posted by  Cliffy

I'm having trouble finding ChrisV's and Hobo's retort to the conspiracy theories.

Anyone having any luck?

posted by  Godlaus

I seemed to recall a similar thread, but had no luck on searching....I assume that's what you mean? :thumbs:

Edit: Just found another thread...I spelled conspiracy wrong on searching initially :oops:

posted by  Cliffy

I've been on and off with conspiracies, but I did some research, and don't believe any of them. Benson posted a video of that documentary I think, and then it got deleted, but ChrisV was the main person who changed my opinion on what happened on 9/11.

posted by  chris_knows

I think any notion that engineers built in those failsafes is mythical. Steel skeletoned buildings will buckle and fall vertically, exploding any concrete casings in the process. They are steel because concrete equivalents would have massive weight, cost, etc., but reinforced concrete is natuarlly fire retardent, impact resistant, etc. These facts are not wasted on the replacement design, which will employ design techniques that the rest of the world has been using for about 50 years.

posted by  Wally

Your Message